The Quick Hitters Society

• 23 Replies

shirt10

« on: July 08, 2017, 12:27:54 PM »
-------------------------------------------

July 25th edit

Season Two starts today!  27 one round events in 27 days - https://www.reddit.com/r/TheQuickHitters/comments/6p9v6z/season_two/

-------------------------------------------

After an initial quick test season, The Quick Hitters are ready for primetime and to invite members from across the globe to join!

Why The Quick Hitters?
Our societies aim is to provide a new 1 round tournament every single day, on the best TGC2 courses that are available.

Why Daily 1 Round Tournaments?
A - This compliments the active TGC2'er very well, giving them a guaranteed society event round every night (who hasn't got on a roll one night and played all 4 rounds of a society event and then found themselves with no serious rounds available the next night?)
B - It gives the casual and/or time challenged golfers access to play in society events as and when they like, as there will always be a 1 round society event available to them each and every day.

200 coins to join the society (used to level up the society)
200 coins to event each event (currently 80% payouts, with the remaining 20% again used to get the society leveled up to give us more options - this will rise once we have attained a couple of society levels)

Our first official season starts tomorrow (Sunday July 8th) and the first 6 events are scheduled out.  More events will be scheduled out over  the weekend, as courses are scouted and vetted before being added to the calendar.

The society is currently level 2 and we will immediately level up to level 3 after 9 more members join.

We hope to see you soon, and join in on any and all of the events we will be hosting!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:33:10 AM by shirt10 »

Ramjet36

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »
Sounds like a good format.  Will take a good look at this one. 
Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

shirt10

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »
Excellent, I hope you like the look of it.
We have added 10 members since the initial post and are now a level 3 society and the first event of our official first season kicks off in around 6 hours.

We now also have a twitter account (@TheQuickHitters) which will send out updates on the society and our events.

Looking forward to everyone getting out on the course!

ivunphstu

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »
I joined this morning. I figured I could play a few rounds a week in this society. Have fun guys.

shirt10

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 12:12:32 PM »
Perfect!
The response has been fantastic so far.  We have grown to 45 members in a day and a half (and now society level 4) and 40 competed in our first event yesterday.
Today's event is underway (at Moe Norman Estates) and I cannot wait to play my round this evening

darvaan

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 10:46:45 PM »
I love this format. Great club!
GM of Masochist Sim Club(PS4) - All Aids Off on the finest PGA/RCR courses

dlw1964

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 06:33:32 AM »
Good society,  I would recommend this society to players that are looking for daily tournaments on the PS4

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 03:12:56 PM »
Yea nice concept - short, sharp itinery. Gonna join myself. Not sure how many events I'll get to play, barely get time to play the Casuals tournaments! Lol. Anyway good luck with it guys. :)

shirt10

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 12:49:01 PM »
A quick update

We hit society level 5 last night!  Membership continues to rise and rise!  90 as of this morning and our past two daily events have surpassed 60 entrants to each.

Our 5th daily event is currently underway at the fantastic Devon Quarry Country Club.

Come and join a fast paced, exciting society!

Season #2 will start around July 24th, by which point we will have a complete seasonal structure in place including majors and more  ;)

shirt10

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 05:16:29 PM »
108 members and counting  8)

Season two schedule and announcements >> https://www.reddit.com/r/TheQuickHitters/comments/6nbigr/season_two_information/

shirt10

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
Two 'Major' announcements! >> http://bit.ly/2uxgIP3 <<

Society level 6 and our first major is scheduled for next Sunday (July 23rd)!

119 members  8)

shirt10

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »
For more details on the society;

darvaan

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 03:51:01 PM »
Instead of the handicap events on Wednesdays, since that’s not going to work out, how about…

ALL AIDS OFF – TRUE SIM Wednesdays!!  ( No grids, wind meters, no scout cams, range only, etc. )

Just putting that out there. Maybe give it a go once and see if it catches on or not.
GM of Masochist Sim Club(PS4) - All Aids Off on the finest PGA/RCR courses

Grinder12000

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 12:18:42 AM »
I'm looking a new Sobriety . . .err Society and will look into this one in the morning.  I won't do the TRUE SIM, not even close to being that good. 
RodMelotte.com  aka Gus the Weather Dog.

shirt10

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 12:05:54 PM »
darvaan, I enjoyed true sim golf in TGC and will dip my toes in it again in TGC2 at some point.  It is definitely not a main stream style though and might scare off some folks.  If there is a good true sim only society, I would be interested in joining though.

Grinder12000, I hope you like what you see!

space-cash