Author Topic: Well I will stick with  (Read 749 times)

PinHi

Well I will stick with
« on: July 14, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »
TGC1 after reading all the comments and problems that TGC2 has. Was waiting to purchase at end of August after looking at reviews of those who had bought it at release. Too many issues - have no interest at all now to buy until at least a year from now. Some of these problems will still be around even then. TGC1 has some beautiful and very playable courses done by some top notch designers and my scores hover right around par -and I love how it plays for me - so I don`t need a tougher challenge. If I do I can still play with no aids. Should keep me happy for quite some time yet. I was looking forward to TGC2 - especially an " offline career" but looks like it did not come about - the way I had a vision for it (which is like the 2003 links game). So I will stick with TGC1. Just curious if others are also sticking with TGC1. Anyway that's my take!  :)

Northman14

Re: Well I will stick with
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 04:42:35 AM »
Yep - back on TGC1 for the foreseeable. 

You are right - there are some great courses on TGC1 (and many yet to be discovered by me) and there are always the Seasons to play for a sort of offline career. 

TGC2 will be truly excellent if ever it does what it is supposed to on PS4 - meanwhile I am very happy to stick with TGC1.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:28:09 AM »
A few of the guys I play with have gone back to the first game until it gets patched if ever, I'm sticking with this one because apart from the short game I can put up with the tempo swing on woods and irons I just play for my bad shot of the day which happens to be a draw at the minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »
I plan to stick with TGC1 for a long time to come as well, for these reasons:
1. The main reason, and this is HUGE to me, is from what I'm reading, the object meter when importing courses goes up for TGC2? Of my 5 courses, 4 of them are 40-75% planted. Not sure how much it goes up, but they should probably be ok. But the course I published yesterday, which I feel is my best work, the meter is 99.9%. That will never pass in TGC2 based on what I'm reading. I play my own courses probably 40% of the time, and if I can't play my courses, then that's a dealbreaker for me, which leads me to #2.
2. It sounds like TGC2 is so superior in gameplay that people don't want to go back to TGC1. I still own TW golf games for ps2, but the only ones I ever play are the ps3 ones. I never go back to the ps2 titles to play the courses that are only available on ps2. The ps3 games were so much better. So based on that, I'm a little scared to jump to TGC2, knowing I might not want to go back to TGC1 to play my courses and my favorites.
3. I have 100+ favorites I still love to play on TGC1. Based on what I wrote in #2, would I still want to play them? So of them will be imported, but not all. I'd hate to lose out on so many amazing courses.
4. The lighting issues I read about don't inspire me to buy the game.
5. The crashing/not saving issues I'm reading about for ps4. Sounds like people are frustrated now. But this leads me to my conclusion....

I currently plan to keep enjoying TGC1. Come winter, when a few more updates come out, I'll revisit the issue and see what people are saying then, see how the game has evolved. I waited a few months to buy TGC1 as well and that worked out fine.
As for the new game, I have no problem learning a new swing. I have no problem learning how to play the game to make it work. But the real issue, the thing that holds me back is the possibility of my courses not importing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:24:05 PM by WindyCityWizard »
Tulip Point-King's Course (with B, C, D)  >>>*PLAY THE ONES W/OUT CC*
Tulip Point-Royal Meadow (with B, C, D)  >>>*PLAY THE ONES W/OUT CC*
Tulip Point CC-Royal Forest (with B, C, D)
Tulip Point CC-Prince Course (with B, C, D)
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course (with B, C, D)

Timber Trails (RCR)

Yurk McGurk

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 01:13:35 PM »
I plan to stick with TGC1 for a long time to come as well, for these reasons:
1. The main reason, and this is HUGE to me, is from what I'm reading, the object meter when importing courses goes up for TGC2? Of my 5 courses, 4 of them are 40-75% planted. Not sure how much it goes up, but they should probably be ok. But the course I published yesterday, which I feel is my best work, the meter is 99.9%. That will never pass in TGC2 based on what I'm reading. I play my own courses probably 40% of the time, and if I can't play my courses, then that's a dealbreaker for me, which leads me to #2.
2. It sounds like TGC2 is so superior in gameplay that people don't want to go back to TGC1. I still own TW golf games for ps2, but the only ones I ever play are the ps3 ones. I never go back to the ps2 titles to play the courses that are only available on ps2. The ps3 games were so much better. So based on that, I'm a little scared to jump to TGC2, knowing I might not want to go back to TGC1 to play my courses and my favorites.
3. I have 100+ favorites I still love to play on TGC1. Based on what I wrote in #2, would I still want to play them? So of them will be imported, but not all. I'd hate to lose out on so many amazing courses.
4. The lighting issues I read about don't inspire me to buy the game.
5. The crashing/not saving issues I'm reading about for ps4. Sounds like people are frustrated now. But this leads me to my conclusion....

I currently plan to keep enjoying TGC1. Come winter, when a few more updates come out, I'll revisit the issue and see what people are saying then, see how the game has evolved. I waited a few months to buy TGC1 as well and that worked out fine.
As for the new game, I have no problem learning a new swing. I have no problem learning how to play the game to make it work. But the real issue, the thing that holds me back is the possibility of my courses not importing.

Hey, I bought this game on Xbox One the same day you posted this. I have not had any server issues nor have I encountered any bugs. Great experience. I am a huge fan of the first one. TGC2, however, is fantastic. I had a very hard time going back and playing a round on TGC1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »
I had a very hard time going back and playing a round on TGC1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really bothers me.
I seem confident, based on what I read, that not all my courses will transfer.
I'm not sure how much the object meter jumps when importing, and I'm not sure I can delete enough to keep the look of the course the way I want it.
I do intend to ask and find out people's opinions of going back and forth from TGC1/TGC2.
Sounds like you don't like it (b/c 2 is way better), and that's what really has me concerned: if I can only play some courses on TGC1, and if TGC1 is no good after TGC2.....

Thanks for posting this.

Timber Trails (RCR)

ukjackbauer

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »
Hey, I bought this game on Xbox One the same day you posted this. I have not had any server issues nor have I encountered any bugs. Great experience. I am a huge fan of the first one. TGC2, however, is fantastic. I had a very hard time going back and playing a round on TGC1.

Just wanted to add to this - I feel the same.

I've got plenty of criticism of TGC2, but only because I love the gameplay. If I thought it was a poor (or a poorer) game, I wouldn't have registered to provide feedback in the hope of it getting even better.

I finished a four-round event at -14 yesterday and felt a level of elation about it that I never really felt with TGC1 - however... If you still feel that way about TGC1, then maybe you're better off sticking with it and continuing to enjoy it!

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 01:49:41 PM »
Paul has worked on the Legacy course issue and has some fixes in with the upcoming patch on consoles.

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 02:41:49 PM »
Keith,
How much is the object meter jumping when importing? My most recent course is 99.9% full.
Some of my others are 50-70%.

Or are you saying that after the coming patch, the meter won't jump at all?

Timber Trails (RCR)

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »
Keith,
How much is the object meter jumping when importing? My most recent course is 99.9% full.
Some of my others are 50-70%.

Or are you saying that after the coming patch, the meter won't jump at all?

Some TGC2 objects are counting differently towards the meter.  Some more, some less.  Reeb had a course that was mostly full in TGC1.  He sent it to me to look at it in TGC2 and it was only half full in TGC2.  It really depends on the course.  Just hang tight until after the patch is released to see the feedback on importing Legacy courses.

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »
will do. thanks for the reply, keith!

Timber Trails (RCR)

SCL

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »
Is there actually a place where we can go to check to see how 'full' a created course is? I made (and published) three courses on TGC1 and not once did I ever come across the created course being 'full'. I even imported two courses into TGC2, and no issues. Things worked fine.

The above said . . . I am close to finishing a created course on the new game, and I have already been hit with the 'Object reached limit' pop up window, forcing me to delete things. I was really caught off guard by this. I think I planted to many trees? Not sure.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
There is a meter right at the top of the screen when in the designer.

SCL

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »
There is a meter right at the top of the screen when in the designer.

Thanks.

space-cash