Time for me to get this off my chest

• 23 Replies

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:33:44 PM »
I have sat by through beta and now game release listening(reading) the feedback of the game. Good and bad. Just taking it all in. So now I have to weigh in about something

First off, my husband and I play side by side, we both have the  exact same controllers, motherboards, CPU's and Graphic card ( mine is one step up from his  I have GEforce 1070 his is 1060 ).  We also carry the same clubs in our bag, Tour or player.  Same , same people and he basically can outscore me 5-7 strokes most of the time.  I have my little moments but basically he is a better golfer than I.( I do putt better than he does sometimes :o)

So with that being said.. I hope people will understand it is NOT the game, it is the person behind the wheel.
We can both discuss a shot, and get completely different results due to lie , TEMPO, and varying winds. Why? I don't know but maybe because he has the experience with the controller that I never had. I used the mouse in TGC1 (he used controller there ). So I keep practicing and eventually I will beat up on him!!!

I think this game is great, every day is a new challenge for me, but when something goes crazy azz... it is usually me and not the game.  All I can say is tempo is your friend or foe. This is so much better than TGC1 with all the charts etc. at least here even the best of the best can have a bad day.

Nuff said..

ps.. I know ps4 players have issues.. I am discussing pc here only , please don't jump all over me I might break. :P

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:35:41 PM by Inflames47 »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:02:44 PM »
Well said... I'm in your camp on this.  This game feels fresh every time out due to the way my tempo varies and how my swing plane tendencies tend to shift.... it never gets stale.  I also own both console versions of TGC 2, and I can relate to the problems the gamers playing them have with the game. I think once HBS gets their corrections in for the problems the console versions are having with their swing interface and stuttering animation, the play experience will be something closer to what we're seeing on the PC right now.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:13:35 PM »
So when I unplug a controller because I can never get in the cone and plug a different one in and immediately am in the cone it's my fault?

no

It's awesome you two play together (that really is awesome) but your experience is yours and it is not mine.  I am not making this scenario up.  I can not hit the cone with one and immediately could with the other.  I wouldn't even sniff trying tour clubs and then amazon drops off a controller and I'm shoot 66 with them!

I didn't just get better lol

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Thrangar

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 02:39:50 PM »
So when I unplug a controller because I can never get in the cone and plug a different one in and immediately am in the cone it's my fault?

no

It's awesome you two play together (that really is awesome) but your experience is yours and it is not mine.  I am not making this scenario up.  I can not hit the cone with one and immediately could with the other.  I wouldn't even sniff trying tour clubs and then amazon drops off a controller and I'm shoot 66 with them!

Ok so this is the elite you said you were going to get?  and you shoot a 66 and are in the cone with no sensitivity adjustments straight out of the box?
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 02:44:40 PM »

no

Ok so this is the elite you said you were going to get?  and you shoot a 66 and are in the cone with no sensitivity adjustments straight out of the box?

No just the standard Xbox 1 PC Wired controller

Yes

I went from what would most likely have been shooting 100 with tour clubs (I'd never know because I hooked every shot 50 yards) to being able to play well all by plugging in a new controller.

For anyone to say there isn't something wrong with that is kidding themselves.  I guarantee you a lot of pc users have that exact controller and there simply isn't any way I'm the onle one with that hyper sensitivity snap hook issue.  When I brought this up previously I was told to " practice more, get better" when i fact all I had to do was fire up amazon and buy a controller.

And yes, no adjustments to the x1 controller.  Plugged in, not even calibrated, and presto, tour clubs.

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »

no

Here is the way I look at it ADX-   If you knew you were gonna crap yourself and had a choice to wear white sheer beach pants or rugged black jeans what would you choose?   Thats right,  you would choose the right pair of pants...  Same thing applies with controller-   If you have a worn out controller,  or an off brand please don't expect it to do the job.   You were one of the main guys hating on the controller,  swing difficulty,  now all of the sudden you're playing well and tolerating your results or experience.   I'm sure we would ALL like to know what changed?  New controller?  more practice?    lower expectations?   I'm sure the latter will be your moniker,  but I must admit I'm baffled.

I understand first hand controllers work differently in TGC2,  I picked up an old worn out ds4 of my sons and had some major trouble,  but luckily I plugged in my decent ds4 and had a fun game.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 03:08:39 PM »

no

I can say through experience unplugging a controller will screw you up, best to either restart steam and or computer, been there done that ADX  as I race with one controller and golf with another so I am constantly switching back and forth.   My point of the post is about game play more than little bugs here n there. People comment on how terrible it is and blame it on game. What I tried to say here is hey it is not. We have the same equipment  etc as I mentioned above, the only difference we have is his graphic card is one step lower than mine but My monitor is one step above his ( I have 144mhz while his is a steady 60 fps i am a steady 144 fps). Yes there are bugs, cannot be denied, but personally I have not encountered them.
The squirt putt everyone talks about, do you actually know what that is, that is Me, or you, or whomever, pushing the head of the putter faster than the backswing, tempo  once again, when it is a bit faster it will basically hit not center.  I know that I know when I do it and I don't blame it on the game, I blame it on my stupidity for not paying attention to my putt.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 03:32:13 PM »

no

Here is the way I look at it ADX-   If you knew you were gonna crap yourself and had a choice to wear white sheer beach pants or rugged black jeans what would you choose?   Thats right,  you would choose the right pair of pants...  Same thing applies with controller-   If you have a worn out controller,  or an off brand please don't expect it to do the job.   You were one of the main guys hating on the controller,  swing difficulty,  now all of the sudden you're playing well and tolerating your results or experience.   I'm sure we would ALL like to know what changed?  New controller?  more practice?    lower expectations?   I'm sure the latter will be your moniker,  but I must admit I'm baffled.

I understand first hand controllers work differently in TGC2,  I picked up an old worn out ds4 of my sons and had some major trouble,  but luckily I plugged in my decent ds4 and had a fun game.

What changed?

I told you what changed - the game went from unplayable to playable all due to changing controllers.

There isn't anything baffling about that and I'm not just imagining it.  I played a round with J Cauthen the other night and he spanked me (thanks to being -9 on the front lol) but I still shot 66 I think.  Nobody will find a single round of tour clubs play from me before that round because I couldn't play without hooking the ball offline every shot.

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »

no

I can say through experience unplugging a controller will screw you up, best to either restart steam and or computer, been there done that ADX  as I race with one controller and golf with another so I am constantly switching back and forth.   My point of the post is about game play more than little bugs here n there. People comment on how terrible it is and blame it on game. What I tried to say here is hey it is not. We have the same equipment  etc as I mentioned above, the only difference we have is his graphic card is one step lower than mine but My monitor is one step above his ( I have 144mhz while his is a steady 60 fps i am a steady 144 fps). Yes there are bugs, cannot be denied, but personally I have not encountered them.
The squirt putt everyone talks about, do you actually know what that is, that is Me, or you, or whomever, pushing the head of the putter faster than the backswing, tempo  once again, when it is a bit faster it will basically hit not center.  I know that I know when I do it and I don't blame it on the game, I blame it on my stupidity for not paying attention to my putt.

Once more - glad you have no issues with controllers

Please don't pretend others do not and that any issue is their fault

The game is wonked - period

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »

no

What changed?

I told you what changed - the game went from unplayable to playable all due to changing controllers.

There isn't anything baffling about that and I'm not just imagining it.  I played a round with J Cauthen the other night and he spanked me (thanks to being -9 on the front lol) but I still shot 66 I think.  Nobody will find a single round of tour clubs play from me before that round because I couldn't play without hooking the ball offline every shot.

Well I'm sure Jacuth is happy to finally beat you.. Him and I talked about how hard you can be to beat at times,  or all the time...  LOL...    Either way,  I guess I either forgot or didn't read that you changed controllers.    I know Hb hasn't really chimed in on the matter much,  but I'm sure they're working on this behind the scenes and testing different controllers and tweaks.

I'm glad the game is at least playable for you now with tour clubs.   I was playing lights out for a while but now struggling comparatively,  but this is what I like about tour clubs.   I went to the range and figured out I was getting lazy with my backswing and was able to correct most issues.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 04:11:13 PM »
I can 100% validate ADX's experience (not that he needs it) when it come to the Xbox 360 controllers.  I have 2 of them.  One is too old to be considered a valid device, in my mind, and is all over the map.  The other is only 6 months of light usage old (only used on TGC1 and TGC2) and it does the same as ADX's - great big hooks unless I do something equally wrong to compensate for it.  I should not have to learn to swing wrong in order to get the right results.  I also have a DS4 that I could hit straight as an arrow even after the 8th Smithwick's of the evening.  So it falls into the category of "just a little too gifted for tournament use".  Completely stock, I would not be surprised if it failed TGCTours' straight shooter test.  Now, I may or may not be as stubborn as ADX ;D so I almost immediately went with a new Xbox One controller (non elite) the first week of the beta and have never regretted it.  Even at that, I still feel like I am relearning the swing each time I fire up the game.  I'm never sure who is going to show up on that first tee any more. It's not a brilliant revelation that no two controllers are the same but the WIDE variance in output from them might be something HB has not seen or is just not willing to tackle.  Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to afford trying new controllers so some effort on their part to mitigate this variance could only result in more sales.

Agree 100% Charlie.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 04:28:56 PM »

no

Once more - glad you have no issues with controllers

Please don't pretend others do not and that any issue is their fault

The game is wonked - period
Antagonistic are you? I said 2 people with same systems have different results that is how this game should be or should we all go back to tgc1 pull out the charts and all shoot  the same .. I like how it is now end of my story

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »
As far as ball squirts go I guarantee it is the game and not me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQH2AwFaV20

You see exactly how I played the shot and then you see how the game says I played the shot.  Notice on every shot the replay shows that I took a giant turn then you see my guy actually turn how I did actually turn on top of the giant turn that I never took in the first place.

Shot 3: I challenge ANYONE that doesn't believe the ball squirt exists to setup an 8 inch putt like I had and shank the ball so badly that you miss the putt left of the hole as you see happen to me.  It is impossible to miss like that.  It is definently a game issue, the ball squirt, and not me screwing up my swing.  I wish it was me causing it because then I could correct it.
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

Thrangar

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »

no

No just the standard Xbox 1 PC Wired controller

Yes

I went from what would most likely have been shooting 100 with tour clubs (I'd never know because I hooked every shot 50 yards) to being able to play well all by plugging in a new controller.

For anyone to say there isn't something wrong with that is kidding themselves.  I guarantee you a lot of pc users have that exact controller and there simply isn't any way I'm the onle one with that hyper sensitivity snap hook issue.  When I brought this up previously I was told to " practice more, get better" when i fact all I had to do was fire up amazon and buy a controller.

And yes, no adjustments to the x1 controller.  Plugged in, not even calibrated, and presto, tour clubs.

@ADX can you take the cable off the new wired and connect it to the old wireless and then recalibrate it thru windows?

Kind of curious as to what effect it might have, maybe I just need a cable to recalibrate my wireless
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 06:54:28 PM »
As far as ball squirts go I guarantee it is the game and not me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQH2AwFaV20

You see exactly how I played the shot and then you see how the game says I played the shot.  Notice on every shot the replay shows that I took a giant turn then you see my guy actually turn how I did actually turn on top of the giant turn that I never took in the first place.

Shot 3: I challenge ANYONE that doesn't believe the ball squirt exists to setup an 8 inch putt like I had and shank the ball so badly that you miss the putt left of the hole as you see happen to me.  It is impossible to miss like that.  It is definently a game issue, the ball squirt, and not me screwing up my swing.  I wish it was me causing it because then I could correct it.

Watched the video and I don't see ball squirt nor do I see it when I play.

You appear to have controller issues, because I have never seen such behavior out of the game.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

space-cash