Author Topic: Time for me to get this off my chest  (Read 1381 times)

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
Re: Time for me to get this off my chest
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 06:54:28 PM »
As far as ball squirts go I guarantee it is the game and not me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQH2AwFaV20

You see exactly how I played the shot and then you see how the game says I played the shot.  Notice on every shot the replay shows that I took a giant turn then you see my guy actually turn how I did actually turn on top of the giant turn that I never took in the first place.

Shot 3: I challenge ANYONE that doesn't believe the ball squirt exists to setup an 8 inch putt like I had and shank the ball so badly that you miss the putt left of the hole as you see happen to me.  It is impossible to miss like that.  It is definently a game issue, the ball squirt, and not me screwing up my swing.  I wish it was me causing it because then I could correct it.

Watched the video and I don't see ball squirt nor do I see it when I play.

You appear to have controller issues, because I have never seen such behavior out of the game.
Current PC:
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X - LGA 1151
i7 7700K Kaby Lake 4.5 GHZ CPU
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
HP Omen 32" 1440p@75hz
480GB OCZ AMD Radeon R7 2.5" 7mm Internal SSD
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Xbox One Elite Controller

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 07:16:06 PM »
So when I unplug a controller because I can never get in the cone and plug a different one in and immediately am in the cone it's my fault?

no

It's awesome you two play together (that really is awesome) but your experience is yours and it is not mine.  I am not making this scenario up.  I can not hit the cone with one and immediately could with the other.  I wouldn't even sniff trying tour clubs and then amazon drops off a controller and I'm shoot 66 with them!

I didn't just get better lol

Ok so this is the elite you said you were going to get?  and you shoot a 66 and are in the cone with no sensitivity adjustments straight out of the box?

No just the standard Xbox 1 PC Wired controller

Yes

I went from what would most likely have been shooting 100 with tour clubs (I'd never know because I hooked every shot 50 yards) to being able to play well all by plugging in a new controller.

For anyone to say there isn't something wrong with that is kidding themselves.  I guarantee you a lot of pc users have that exact controller and there simply isn't any way I'm the onle one with that hyper sensitivity snap hook issue.  When I brought this up previously I was told to " practice more, get better" when i fact all I had to do was fire up amazon and buy a controller.

And yes, no adjustments to the x1 controller.  Plugged in, not even calibrated, and presto, tour clubs.

@ADX can you take the cable off the new wired and connect it to the old wireless and then recalibrate it thru windows?

Kind of curious as to what effect it might have, maybe I just need a cable to recalibrate my wireless

I am really afraid to mess with anything because it's working for me right now
Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »
So when I unplug a controller because I can never get in the cone and plug a different one in and immediately am in the cone it's my fault?

no

It's awesome you two play together (that really is awesome) but your experience is yours and it is not mine.  I am not making this scenario up.  I can not hit the cone with one and immediately could with the other.  I wouldn't even sniff trying tour clubs and then amazon drops off a controller and I'm shoot 66 with them!

I can say through experience unplugging a controller will screw you up, best to either restart steam and or computer, been there done that ADX  as I race with one controller and golf with another so I am constantly switching back and forth.   My point of the post is about game play more than little bugs here n there. People comment on how terrible it is and blame it on game. What I tried to say here is hey it is not. We have the same equipment  etc as I mentioned above, the only difference we have is his graphic card is one step lower than mine but My monitor is one step above his ( I have 144mhz while his is a steady 60 fps i am a steady 144 fps). Yes there are bugs, cannot be denied, but personally I have not encountered them.
The squirt putt everyone talks about, do you actually know what that is, that is Me, or you, or whomever, pushing the head of the putter faster than the backswing, tempo  once again, when it is a bit faster it will basically hit not center.  I know that I know when I do it and I don't blame it on the game, I blame it on my stupidity for not paying attention to my putt.

Once more - glad you have no issues with controllers

Please don't pretend others do not and that any issue is their fault

The game is wonked - period

How is the game wonked if you are now shooting 66 ?

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »
As far as ball squirts go I guarantee it is the game and not me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQH2AwFaV20

You see exactly how I played the shot and then you see how the game says I played the shot.  Notice on every shot the replay shows that I took a giant turn then you see my guy actually turn how I did actually turn on top of the giant turn that I never took in the first place.

Shot 3: I challenge ANYONE that doesn't believe the ball squirt exists to setup an 8 inch putt like I had and shank the ball so badly that you miss the putt left of the hole as you see happen to me.  It is impossible to miss like that.  It is definently a game issue, the ball squirt, and not me screwing up my swing.  I wish it was me causing it because then I could correct it.

Turning or not, you never hit the putt straight through the cone.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 07:24:17 PM »

no

I can say through experience unplugging a controller will screw you up, best to either restart steam and or computer, been there done that ADX  as I race with one controller and golf with another so I am constantly switching back and forth.   My point of the post is about game play more than little bugs here n there. People comment on how terrible it is and blame it on game. What I tried to say here is hey it is not. We have the same equipment  etc as I mentioned above, the only difference we have is his graphic card is one step lower than mine but My monitor is one step above his ( I have 144mhz while his is a steady 60 fps i am a steady 144 fps). Yes there are bugs, cannot be denied, but personally I have not encountered them.
The squirt putt everyone talks about, do you actually know what that is, that is Me, or you, or whomever, pushing the head of the putter faster than the backswing, tempo  once again, when it is a bit faster it will basically hit not center.  I know that I know when I do it and I don't blame it on the game, I blame it on my stupidity for not paying attention to my putt.

Once more - glad you have no issues with controllers

Please don't pretend others do not and that any issue is their fault

The game is wonked - period

How is the game wonked if you are now shooting 66 ?

I had to buy a different controller to be able to play it

And there are still too many bugs to count

idiotic short game spin behavior - one time a chip stops on a dime next time it rolls out - totally random on which you get

Deep rough way too penal - fairway bunkers way too penal.  No matter what you do out of a fairway bunker ball is going 125 yuards max.  Let's not even get into how terrible the new water functionality is, how limp the new spline functionality is, basically everything they told us was new to the GNCD is gimped to the point of nobody wanting to use it.

Multiplayer - lolz

It's the worst release from a quality standpoint I've seen in my lifetime.  It's worse than Sim City Online.

I'm shocked there isn't a class action lawsuit formed already from console players who can't play.  They'd win in a landslide.

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Thrangar

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 11:04:44 PM »

no

Ok so this is the elite you said you were going to get?  and you shoot a 66 and are in the cone with no sensitivity adjustments straight out of the box?

No just the standard Xbox 1 PC Wired controller

Yes

I went from what would most likely have been shooting 100 with tour clubs (I'd never know because I hooked every shot 50 yards) to being able to play well all by plugging in a new controller.

For anyone to say there isn't something wrong with that is kidding themselves.  I guarantee you a lot of pc users have that exact controller and there simply isn't any way I'm the onle one with that hyper sensitivity snap hook issue.  When I brought this up previously I was told to " practice more, get better" when i fact all I had to do was fire up amazon and buy a controller.

And yes, no adjustments to the x1 controller.  Plugged in, not even calibrated, and presto, tour clubs.

@ADX can you take the cable off the new wired and connect it to the old wireless and then recalibrate it thru windows?

Kind of curious as to what effect it might have, maybe I just need a cable to recalibrate my wireless

I am really afraid to mess with anything because it's working for me right now

Well I can certainly understand that  ;)
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)
"Handicaps
"But they even the field!" Yes, because a touchdown counts for 12 points for some quarterbacks and just six for others. Doesn't this defeat the entire ethos of competition?"

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:31 PM »
The PC version is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be.

The consoles will get fixed sooner than later.....
Current PC:
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X - LGA 1151
i7 7700K Kaby Lake 4.5 GHZ CPU
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
HP Omen 32" 1440p@75hz
480GB OCZ AMD Radeon R7 2.5" 7mm Internal SSD
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Xbox One Elite Controller

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 07:57:07 AM »
But I bet ya there will still be a myriad of complainers.

sham63

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 04:51:21 PM »
But I bet ya there will still be a myriad of complainers.

And what is wrong with that? Have you been appointed as the HBS Self Defense Force? Your sole mission is to seek out and to attack and destroy any dissent on the forum? So, in your world people can only post on a forum if they agree that the game is great and perfect. I don't know about you, but I believe it is ok for people to complain on a forum. They may learn how to fix an issue they are having, or that it is a wide spread problem. It can also bring issues to the attention of the developer. Also, sometimes people just need to vent a little.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 06:47:48 PM »
This thread has run it's course.

space-cash