Multiplayer/Live rivals

• 13 Replies

Gunny-Snr

« on: July 15, 2017, 08:40:48 AM »
can someone please help i tried to play online with friends, i watched the tutorial aswell but i can only join and see one of my friends in game and not the 3rd person, also when i go into friends it says they are online yet they are both playing a round of golf. when one of them sends me a notification i join but can only see the person that sent teh invite and not the other person., i have unistalled and reinstalled trhe game and deleted the canadian bacon file aswell but still no joy as to why this is happening,   Now after watching teh tutorials videos i get none of some items it mentioned like notifications i also do everything else it says to add friends but it tells me their is no one playing yet i can see they are online ingame the only option to add to my game is only send a notification any help.  Any help would be appreceiated so i can play with my friends online.

Gunny-Snr

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 08:08:08 PM »
40 views and no reply on this matter lol. :(

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:38:31 PM »
You will need to add each person to your round that you want to play with.

Gunny-Snr

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
We have tried for last 2 new nights for over 2 hours, each.  I don't see them playing when in game friends list it just tells me they are online and all I can do is send a notification to them, I get nothing like what the tutorial video does.  This is the problem.

framako1

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 05:31:04 PM »
the same at me, only 1 Person to see...  we tried all possibilities!!!!!!!!!!

could please explain it step by step??????????????????   please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you

Gunny-Snr

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 08:36:53 AM »
What I can't believe is that this post has been up over a week and only 2 people have made comments, an answer or reply to say yes its broken or something to acknowledge the fact their is a problem for some people would be nice instead of us getting frustrated with not being able to play with more than one friend at a time and why the menus don't work like it says in the tutorial video, as none of the devs have said nothing.

scajjr2

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 10:33:20 AM »
here's how we've been doing it- have all players start a round but don't tee off ( decide before hand what tees and pins you're using). Then bring up Profile, go to the Group icon (the 2-headed one), click on All Friends, click on Add To Group (each player will have to add all the people playing), make sure turn order is on if you wish to play that way, wait a minute or two for everyone to sync up then you're good to go.  Yeah convoluted but it works.

Now we are a group that has 6-8 people playing a few nights a week. We have Auto-Add Friends OFF so we can create a few 2-3 player groups so the round plays faster. 6 people playing in 1 group with Turn Order on can take a couple hrs or more depending on skill. Just 4 of us playing a round last night took about 2-1/2 hrs.

Sam
i9-9900k,Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,32Gb DDR4, Samsung PM981 1Tb PCIe NVMe & 850 EVO 1Tb SSDs ,3Tb HD, EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Hybrid,  Vizio D40u-D1 Monoprice 32" 4K x2, Win 10 x64, XB1 controller

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G i7-6700hq, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, GTX1070 8Gb, 17" g-sync

Xbox One X
PS4 Pro

Gunny-Snr

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 11:24:11 AM »
we tried that but what is annoying is my friends see me in game it is just me that don't see them it only shows them online when I know they are playing, I cannot add to the group,   When we play they see all 3 of us but I don't but don't know why as I said I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times to see if it was a build problem and stuff but that has not worked so far and the most frustrating thing they are talking about great shots and stuff but I can only see one of them in my game.

framako1

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 03:45:13 PM »
yepp Gunny, the same at us last evening.....

and ty scajjr2/Sam, I will change to Auto-add off, may be, that`s a mistake too in our game

for me, the best is to play online, live with friends, do it the last 8 Years - from TW08 to TGC. I cannot believe, that`s not working in TGC2. Think, we did it wrong...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:46:45 PM by framako1 »

PixelJunkie

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 04:30:46 AM »
I have the same issues, I wanted to play an online friend (PC) and do a match play game we tried to add each other a couple of ways, first we couldn't find each other online then when we did we thought we had it then my online friend could not see me and the scores. One problem is that unless you get the person added to the group you can't start a match play Game by going to a course and then when you do the other person cannot be seen online or they see the scores. Please please can this be patched or something it should not be this difficult to setup a match play game with online friends and it needs to be simplified. If anyone has any step by step instructions to setup a match play game with online friends then please let me know thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:33:27 AM by PixelJunkie »

flyterisk

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 05:09:18 PM »
I have the same issues, I wanted to play an online friend (PC) and do a match play game we tried to add each other a couple of ways, first we couldn't find each other online then when we did we thought we had it then my online friend could not see me and the scores. One problem is that unless you get the person added to the group you can't start a match play Game by going to a course and then when you do the other person cannot be seen online or they see the scores. Please please can this be patched or something it should not be this difficult to setup a match play game with online friends and it needs to be simplified. If anyone has any step by step instructions to setup a match play game with online friends then please let me know thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to play match play one of you has to play stroke play.  Don't worry though, one of you has a matchplay scorecard you can just quickly update your partner on the state of the match.
I know it seems really strange and not like a match at all, but.... it's a positive feature for the following reason:

Matchplay can be played properly against a ghost and since a ghost doesn't even know they are playing they don't care about the state of the match or the scorecard.  It's awesome!

sarcasm aside PixelJunkie,  the sad story is that the "multiplayer" is simulated based on the recording of ghosts and recording of ghosts can only be done if a game is being played where the player actually finishes every hole.  There is no live multiplayer independent of this ghost system and thus any type of game that isn't stroke play is just not going to work until a live multiplayer system is implemented. 
The ground work exists and the menus support it but I guess it is disabled until they can get it to work.

Gunny-Snr

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 06:10:51 PM »
I see their was no mention of an update to this topic in the patch notes for latest patch, seems like HB and the Devs don't care as long as they got the money.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »
We had live match play in tgc1. For some reason they took it out. No clue why and I doubt we will get it back because they avoid the topic on every thread I have seen.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Th3 Dank

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 03:13:44 PM »
it has been since this last patch that you are not able to start a round then send notifications to your online friends. which really sucks. i have my friend watch for me to go into around a message will pop-up in bottom to can join on that, by holding select depending on the controller not really sure what it is on the ps4 nor keyboard. Hope this helps a bit
“I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer. That's the distance my left ear is from my right.“ -Ben Crenshaw

space-cash