Problem with new Elite controller for Xbox One

• 53 Replies

BudPuck63

« on: July 16, 2017, 11:01:32 PM »
When using any controller but especially the Elite controller regardless if the swing meter showed going right in the middle of the red the shot would go left. Also it was hard to hit perfect and perfect causing shots to be short or mostly to the left. At 66 I blame some of the problems on age and poor eye hand coordination. I purchased the Elite hoping it would help. Bottom line nothing changed. I went back to play Rory Mcliroy PGA Tour. I played Baniff Spring. On the front nine I made 7 birdies, 1 eagle and 1 par and for 18 holes I shot 60. The controller worked great going straight down and up on the swing meter. Is anyone experiencing these problems? Is it in the game or with Xbox?

Thrangar

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:06:37 PM »
its both, the game does not talk well , with all controllers, but I am surprised the elite didn't work it has been a better choice so far
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

philby85

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:39:17 AM »
I use my new xbox 1 S controller, it is a joy to use in this game. I have another controller from the original xbox 1 so well used and I am less successful. The stick has a lot more play. I played also with my sons elite controller and I found it harder if it had the taller sticks attached.

xROCKSTAR360x

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 09:23:05 AM »
I use an xbox 1 elite controller & I love it.  I did have some problems with the controller before I learned that you can adjust the left and right swing stick sensitivity to your liking. 

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 09:20:32 PM »
I use an xbox 1 elite controller & I love it.  I did have some problems with the controller before I learned that you can adjust the left and right swing stick sensitivity to your liking.

Interesting, i have had a go at doing this but it had no effect to my sensitivity at all, can you help please.

These "settings" have no impact in Golf games.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

SSenator

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 12:39:30 AM »
I know 3 people that have tried them and all have said they couldn't hit em straight no matter what adjustments they made.
R.I.P. Divotmaker. It was my pleasure to have known you.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 04:56:06 AM »
Could not hit them straight with what club set? Standard?

And to the OP - do you expect -12 to be the average score from a the tips in a golf game for someone with "poor hand eye coordination"?

xROCKSTAR360x

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 07:58:01 AM »
It helps me because I use one of the longer analog sticks as my left swing stick.  I set the swing sensitivity to delay and modify that to negative 2.  I don't know, maybe is psychological, but it stops me from swinging to fast which ultimately use to result in a fast downswing tempo and mostly a left swing pull line in the cone.  I hope this helps somewhat.  Don't get me wrong, I still get a little anxious every now and then, resulting in fast and slow downswing tempos and some pulls .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:19:27 AM by xROCKSTAR360x »

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 08:30:20 AM »
Sure is funny how after a few weeks the number of people that couldn't hit the side of a barn on launch day, are now enjoying the game.

Sure there are some that just can't get the swing down but that number dwindles daily.

Jeff471

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 08:57:34 AM »
Sure is funny how after a few weeks the number of people that couldn't hit the side of a barn on launch day, are now enjoying the game.

Sure there are some that just can't get the swing down but that number dwindles daily.

Surely you can back up your statement with valid numbers right? I mean you wouldn't post a statement like that on pure speculation? I have two Xbox controllers and one 3rd party controller. For the past 2-3 days now I can't get a good straight shot to save my ass. No matter which one I try I'm getting different results. I used to think other users playing were not getting it. Now I'm not so sure. This game was enjoyable and relaxing at first. Now I'm putting it down for a few days as it just gets frustrating after a couple holes of playing zig zag golf.

xROCKSTAR360x

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 09:18:05 AM »

Is this aimed at me?  If so, I've never complained once.  I've just kept plugging away.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:02:21 AM by xROCKSTAR360x »

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »
Thread cleaned up.  Post on the topic, not about other people.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »
To reiterate since you asked and Keith kept it in, no it is not aimed at you or anybody specific. Just a general comment from reading almost every post in the forum.

My opinion is all.

Stokie

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 01:05:29 PM »
TBH i don't know much about the elite controller but i have read that it gave people a big advantage on TGC 1 if that was the case and it has been nulled for this game brill

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 01:19:10 PM »
TBH i don't know much about the elite controller but i have read that it gave people a big advantage on TGC 1 if that was the case and it has been nulled for this game brill

In my experience, there was zero difference between an Elite and stared Xbox One controller in TGC1 or any other Golf game.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

space-cash