Problem with new Elite controller for Xbox One

• 53 Replies

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »
TBH i don't know much about the elite controller but i have read that it gave people a big advantage on TGC 1 if that was the case and it has been nulled for this game brill

Many people are gaining an advantage by choosing a specific controller - that's what happens when gameplay mechanics border on ridiculous and people have to start "buying a swing".

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
Nothing ridiculous about the gameplay mechanics with most controllers, but you go ahead and keep tooting that horn.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 03:46:19 PM »
Nothing ridiculous about the gameplay mechanics with most controllers, but you go ahead and keep tooting that horn.

Actually there seem to be a lot less complaints/complainers all around now the game has been out and patched.

bob5453

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »

Actually there seem to be a lot less complaints/complainers all around now the game has been out and patched.

I think a lot of the complainers tried the patch and then just gave up and quit playing the game.... There seems to be more stuff that doesn't work in this game than works. I am enjoying the game, but it's hard to recommend it to anyone. You really need to take off your rose colored glasses.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:48:30 PM by bob5453 »
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 09:57:20 PM »
Bob, no rose colored glasses on here.

I am thoroughly enjoying the two aspects of the game I play.

The designer and solo play.

I haven't tried MP, Careers, Societies due to all the chatter about them having problems.

I have NO problems with the designer and have played more rounds of golf in 2 than I ever did in 1.

AND , my family and friends love that I also got it for the XBox as now they 2 can play...we have some mean foursomes all the time.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 11:12:13 PM »
I just love my XB1 Elite controller for the simple reason that I like the feel of the swing.  It helped immensely when I learned that I don't need to push the stick all the way forward.  Just a nice natural motion. 
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Biodynamix

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 06:48:55 AM »
Well I've got two official Xbox One S controllers, one's usable and the other's atrocious.  The good one provides about 80% shots in the red zone and the bad one's about 20%.  I've also tried an original Xbox One black controller and that sucks too.

Having seen the difference from two seemingly identical pads, I feel for anyone who's got a couple of bad ones.  Because they can "practice" all they want, they won't ever get there.  I know all the apologists and name callers will think I making this up and they'll just carry on doing what they do.  But for anyone who's really struggling I say good luck, because if you can't get your hands on a decent pad, this games not worth wasting your time on.  If I could explain what to look for I would, but both my pads perform the same on every other game except this one.

I'm off to wrap the good pad in cotton wool, box it up for exclusive TGC2 usage and pray it doesn't break any time soon.  Because when it does, I'm fooked.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 08:05:31 AM »

Having seen the difference from two seemingly identical pads, I feel for anyone who's got a couple of bad ones.  Because they can "practice" all they want, they won't ever get there.  I know all the apologists and name callers will think I making this up and they'll just carry on doing what they do.  But for anyone who's really struggling I say good luck, because if you can't get your hands on a decent pad, this games not worth wasting your time on.  If I could explain what to look for I would, but both my pads perform the same on every other game except this one.

Now if others struggling with their controllers would read and accept this...good post.

stan_solo

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 10:50:43 AM »
we have some mean foursomes all the time.

Are you still talking about the game here  ......       

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2017, 10:58:32 AM »
we have some mean foursomes all the time.

Are you still talking about the game here  ......     

Leave it to you to go off topic and be naughty about it.... hya Stan.

Biodynamix

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »
If you think having to buy a new controller to play a game is an acceptable situation...

And which would you buy anyway?  Mine are identical Xbone S controllers in every way, except their performance.

I only noticed because my brother comes over most Fridays.  I said I'd got the new game and we decided to play.  We were always pretty even on the old game.  First week I beat him and assumed it was him getting used to the tempo and new game in general.  I played a bit alone in the week and was pretty patchy, good sometimes and struggling others.

The next week he beat me in almost the same way I beat him the previous week.

The next week was the same, with him beating me again.  Him being solid and able to attack and me being all over the place and scrambling for my life.

Finally, the next time we played I was back to being good and he was the one really struggling.  At this point we couldn't put it down to noobishness or overindulgence in libations and herbal inhibitors.  So I decided to mark the pads and test it out and it quickly became obvious.

Like I said before.  There must be some guys who've been mocked and told to practice, tearing their hair out.

Pazzie

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 04:59:03 AM »
I use my elite controller for this game and it works great with it. Mostly hitting perfect/perfect shots with it, unlike my normal controller.

THERAYaka

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 05:24:04 AM »
My 2 yr old original Xbox One controller, I can pretty much hit perfect/perfect straight. My Xbox elite con is a different story. But honestly, if you're going to keep changing controllers you'll never find one that works for you. If I put the same amount of time into the elite as I do the original controller I'm sure I'd be perfect/perfect as well.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 12:40:49 PM »
My 2 yr old original Xbox One controller, I can pretty much hit perfect/perfect straight. My Xbox elite con is a different story. But honestly, if you're going to keep changing controllers you'll never find one that works for you. If I put the same amount of time into the elite as I do the original controller I'm sure I'd be perfect/perfect as well.

Yep.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Pazzie

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 04:50:47 PM »

I take it you haven't change the thumb stick sensitivity, or what ever you call it. I couldn't use my elite controller on a driving game once, then I realised I had the thumb sticks set up differently.

space-cash