Problem with new Elite controller for Xbox One

• 53 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 05:03:43 PM »
My 2 yr old original Xbox One controller, I can pretty much hit perfect/perfect straight. My Xbox elite con is a different story. But honestly, if you're going to keep changing controllers you'll never find one that works for you. If I put the same amount of time into the elite as I do the original controller I'm sure I'd be perfect/perfect as well.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
I take it you haven't change the thumb stick sensitivity, or what ever you call it. I couldn't use my elite controller on a driving game once, then I realised I had the thumb sticks set up differently.

I have never seen any change in those settings impact the swing in any Golf game.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Bobapett

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 05:51:35 PM »
Using an elite controller - a few days ago i started to not be able to hit straight.  My tempo has been fine, but my line is all over the place in the cone (and sometimes way out of the cone).  Really weird.  Even when learning the tempo, I've always been pretty good at keeping my line straight.  Now it's totally in my head.  I'm sure it's just me, lol, but man is it frustrating me right now.     
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

Pazzie

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 03:55:51 AM »
My 2 yr old original Xbox One controller, I can pretty much hit perfect/perfect straight. My Xbox elite con is a different story. But honestly, if you're going to keep changing controllers you'll never find one that works for you. If I put the same amount of time into the elite as I do the original controller I'm sure I'd be perfect/perfect as well.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
I take it you haven't change the thumb stick sensitivity, or what ever you call it. I couldn't use my elite controller on a driving game once, then I realised I had the thumb sticks set up differently.
I meant remapping the elite controller in the elite accessories app on the Xbox.

I have never seen any change in those settings impact the swing in any Golf game.....

FRSTDWN

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 05:32:55 PM »
Well I just ordered an Elite today. My Xbox S controller stick is starting to stick. So we will see what happens.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »
Well I just ordered an Elite today. My Xbox S controller stick is starting to stick. So we will see what happens.

I think you will love it.
PC

Xbox One X

FRSTDWN

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 05:53:22 PM »
Looks pretty nice. Did you mess with any of the settings? Guessing a lot of it is personal preference though.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 05:58:22 PM »

I think you will love it.

I agree.  You're going to love it.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »
Looks pretty nice. Did you mess with any of the settings? Guessing a lot of it is personal preference though.

I have the swing stick set to the Smooth setting. That is all.
PC

Xbox One X

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
I am out of commission for a week or two.

My X1 Elite controller is not staying on after disconnecting the USB cable. It will connect with the X1 wireless dongle, then shut down immediately after.

I can play wired, but would rather have the option to play wireless.

Tried all the troubleshooting steps MS recommended and nothing fixed the issue.

Got on Chat last night with MS and they are sending me a complimentary replacement for free even though mine is 2 years old and way out of warranty.

Only downside is I have to send mine back and wait for them to ship the replacement.

At $150 a pop, I think I can wait for the replacement to get here.

Kudos to MS for outstanding customer support.
PC

Xbox One X

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 12:12:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that.

Try your mouse?   LOLOLOL

Only downside is I have to send mine back and wait for them to ship the replacement.

I hate when that happens.

And to all that think Divot and I have joined a society together....not happening, we just realized that acting like children towards each other is better left for others.

I still think PG sucks.   ;)

FRSTDWN

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »
That sucks Tim.  Mine just arrived today. I will not be able to try it out till I get home after some stupid golf scramble I have to play it. I HATE SCRAMBLES!!!!

What is with the paddles on the back side of the controller? Are they the same as the triggers on the front?

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 01:19:25 PM »
That sucks Tim.  Mine just arrived today. I will not be able to try it out till I get home after some stupid golf scramble I have to play it. I HATE SCRAMBLES!!!!

What is with the paddles on the back side of the controller? Are they the same as the triggers on the front?

They're just extra controls.  Yes they are like the triggers in front.  I imagine they could be used for games like shooters and such where there's a need for many different controls?  I don't see any urge for them in TGC.  They remove pretty easily and you can jail st store them in your accessories case should you ever need them.  I was like "What the $+*k " when I first unpacked my controller too....
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2017, 01:55:30 PM »
I am out of commission for a week or two.

My X1 Elite controller is not staying on after disconnecting the USB cable. It will connect with the X1 wireless dongle, then shut down immediately after.

I can play wired, but would rather have the option to play wireless.

Tried all the troubleshooting steps MS recommended and nothing fixed the issue.

Got on Chat last night with MS and they are sending me a complimentary replacement for free even though mine is 2 years old and way out of warranty.

At $150 a pop, I think I can wait for the replacement to get here.

Kudos to MS for outstanding customer support.

I can send you one of my 4 PS4 controllers but your game will
most likely suffer.  ;) ::)

-MERACE

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2017, 03:47:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that.

Try your mouse?   LOLOLOL

I hate when that happens.

And to all that think Divot and I have joined a society together....not happening, we just realized that acting like children towards each other is better left for others.

I still think PG sucks.   ;)

LOL. We used to go at it, but we have both seen the light that arguing and bickering doesn't accomplish much.

At the end of the day, we both want a good golf game to play and this one is pretty good. Perfect? No. Pretty good, yes.

No comment on PG as I respect your POV on it.

I have not touched PG since TGC2 beta and have yet to reinstall since reformatting the HD and reinstalling Win 10. 

That should tell you where I am at with both games.
PC

Xbox One X

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »

Paddles primarily used for driving games....
PC

Xbox One X

space-cash