Author Topic: A List of Easy Updates to Make the Game Better  (Read 381 times)

Neifesis

A List of Easy Updates to Make the Game Better
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
I've been playing since the day after release and here is a list of very very easy upgrades tha should be addressed.

1. Society Member List Data
No HCP rating showing for all members. There's 2 ways this could be calculated 1 with which may not be an error. After 5 rounds of playing a HCP rated course you get a HCP rating. But it doesn't show properly in the society member list. It shows No HCP. This may be due to the society not have playing 5 HCP rated courses yet. Most societies I've encountered don't but love the created courses. Either way it needs to be clear. No HCP is an error or does it only pertain to the HCP within the society just the way FIR and GIR are calculated which is within the society only and not your all time calculations. Those data stats are showing erroneous numbers as well in some cases.  Its basic data enrty mistakes that can easily corrected. And better.  ;)

2. Allow a -Move Ball- option in practice mode.
This is another simple addition that should be corrected. The practice mode is piss poor for lack of a better term. I should be able to approach, chip, or putt  from wherever I want just as in real life. A slap in the face when 'you' decide where I practice from. A simple move ball option (which is already integrated in the game when dropping after a hazard shot) makes the practice mode go from D+ to A. An easy fix HB Studios.

3. A Purse Payout Breakdown
It baffles me that we never know how much 1st place will make. 2nd, 3rd, 30th? A simple an easy addition that can be added in the Society/Event menu. Why hasn't this been done?

I have some more additions but they require much more difficult planning ang programming. I listed these because they are the easiest to fix. I won't get into the multiplayer issues. They know they suck.

I love the game. Better than EAs version but only gameplay wise. Clothing customization is on par or better as well. The course designer saves this game. If you can give us a complex course designer, you can fix the 3 things I listed above.

McBogga

• GroupMember
Re: A List of Easy Updates to Make the Game Better
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:51:08 PM »
Number 3 - baffling indeed....

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 09:19:23 PM »
#2 Practice mode?

Which practice mode are you talking about?

If it is chipping putting, you can place the ball anywhere you want.

If practice in designer same thing.

Neifesis

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »
#2 Practice mode?

Hmm please explain how? I went through the menu and it isn't displayed on the HUD. Am I missing something?

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »
#2 Practice mode?

Hmm please explain how? I went through the menu and it isn't displayed on the HUD. Am I missing something?

Go to overhead view, move aiming cursor to where you want, what ever enter is hit it and voila....

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 09:58:32 PM »
   Would like to know this as well. Being able to place the ball in practice mode would be a great addition and prove very useful
"We don't see that on our end"

Neifesis

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:07 PM »
   Would like to know this as well. Being able to place the ball in practice mode would be a great addition and prove very useful

Ahhh. Ok so press 'circle' on ps4 then zoom on the overhead map and move the ball to your desired location. Then press X. Done and done.
#2 on the list was already a part of the game. My apologies.
Practice mode is now an 'A' rating. Very nice.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 11:42:59 PM »
You can even place the ball in the range fairway and take long approach shots.

Mess with mulligans too.

I know it isn't the coolest range and chipping putting ever but this works if you can't or don't want to design.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 10:06:26 PM »
   Excellent !!  Thank you guys.
"We don't see that on our end"

space-cash