Disconnects During Turn Play

• 1 Replies

pgadesertrat

« on: July 18, 2017, 06:26:37 PM »
On Friday night I started to experience consistent disconnects with 4 players in turn play enabled.  1st round it suddenly started to occur beginning on hole #7 and then each hole afterwards, every time when the 4 of us were on or around the green.  Next round only 3 of us played and the disconnects decreased but still had a few throughout the round.  I was the only player experiencing the disconnections.  Also, after resuming the round the game would often force me to watch my buddies approach shots again until everyone reached the green and then we would sync back up.  The disconnect always occurs during a turn order switch.

On Saturday, at the recommendation of a friend, I ran ipconfig /flushdns to reset DNS resolver cache and that seemed to reduce frequency of disconnects but still had a couple.

Both nights I also verified my connection speeds and quality thru several different sites (SpeedTest, Megapath, Lintest). Connection was rock solid averaging 179Mpbs/down, 25Mpbs/up, Packet Loss/0.002, Latency/4ms, Jitter/0ms.  FPS in game never changed from 60fps with Vsync enabled.  Also tried powering off/on my router (Asus Nighthawk X8) which my PC is directly connected to via ethernet cable.

Only other thing I could think of that was unique for me compared to my buddies I was playing with is that my daughter was on Steam both nights at the same time playing different games.  Now I doubt this could possibly be caused by multiple Steam account users over same connection because I've only read of issues when playing the same game.  But who knows.  Fact is it's extremely frustrating and when it happens consistently you get to the point of not wanting to continue even though I'm really enjoying the game.

Any feedback from HB would be greatly appreciated.  I did notice that what I'm experiencing is very similar to the troubles many PS4 users are having.

Thanks,

Rat 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:42:32 PM by pgadesertrat »

pgadesertrat

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »
*Update - Played a couple rounds last night with a buddy, turn play and had zero issues.  Hope to try at least a threesome tonight and fingers crossed luck continues:).

space-cash