Xbox One Patch

• 64 Replies

steelereign

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
You guys having trouble with the swing seriously need to take more time practicing.  This patch had no negative effect on the swing - it works exactly the way it did before.  I still struggle with Tour clubs, but I can tell when I've found the right groove for my swing motion. I'm rarely surprised by a poor result.  That said, I do wish they'd tone down the penalty for a fast downswing - pretty ridiculous to have the ball fly 30 yards left of target for a slightly quicker downswing.

I'm finding that the sweet spot on the left stick, for me, is almost at 4 o'clock.  It feels like I'm pulling the stick diagonally to the left - say around 7 o'clock - and then push up.  I'm sure my motion isn't that severe, but that's what it feels like.

zapp2525

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »
Ya they added a driving range for a reason

HeMan

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 12:10:00 PM »
Has anyone not been able to see the lie grid after the patch. Usually when I pressed left trigger it came up but now nothing. And yes, the setting is turned on.

ORUCoachStokes

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »
You guys having trouble with the swing seriously need to take more time practicing.  This patch had no negative effect on the swing - it works exactly the way it did before.  I still struggle with Tour clubs, but I can tell when I've found the right groove for my swing motion. I'm rarely surprised by a poor result.  That said, I do wish they'd tone down the penalty for a fast downswing - pretty ridiculous to have the ball fly 30 yards left of target for a slightly quicker downswing.

I'm finding that the sweet spot on the left stick, for me, is almost at 4 o'clock.  It feels like I'm pulling the stick diagonally to the left - say around 7 o'clock - and then push up.  I'm sure my motion isn't that severe, but that's what it feels like.

I agree, I haven't had an issue with the swing... Make adjustments as needed. Practice makes perfect.

I absolutely love the course editor!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 12:35:42 PM »

Absolutely this,the TOUR swing is also the same after the patch

RHINO4LIFE

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »
I have too seen the golfer animation explosion as mentioned above.  Probably 3 times over the course of 4 rounds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

steelereign

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2017, 01:15:11 PM »

I play on ps4 and I used to think the same it was just user error. I have had my struggles with tour clubs at times and I accepted it and liked the challenge but the last couple of days it didn't matter what I did it just didn't play right. I was get big curves most of the time even on pitch shots. Today it plays like a different game and I'm not seeing any of that now.
Well, I'm not a programmer so I have no idea if the server issues play a part. I certainly do have some errant shots where I feel like I did everything the same as the P/P shots. However, for the most part, I am able to make some really good shots and go low on occasion.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »
Like a lot of peeps i find tour clubs hard so i use player clubs...there is nothing wrong with this...do not feel pressured into using tour clubs if you are not ready for them..i can shoot under par with player clubs even on long courses IF I PLAY WELL...this is the difference...play the clubs that suit your game...i can drive 300 yds with player clubs IF I PLAY WELL.

lastchancehombre

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2017, 02:27:37 PM »
I just want to echo the posters giving the time & having the patience to adjust to the newer swing mechanics that TGC2 offers. I've said it before & I'll reiterate, HB, don't change a thing with the swing!

I was not a 'hot shot' with TGC1 & am not a 'hot shot' with TGC2 but I've used the Tour Club set from day one & patience & practice prior to & during each round & each shot will pay off & give you the most rewarding round of virtual golf you will have ever played, IMO! And I am finding the only ones that I can't, most of the time, compete with are those that have been, with TGC1, & are, with TGC2, really good with Player Clubs. The one time I used them at launch I'd decided I wanted a better challenge for myself than that.

Somebody above said it & I've said the same in other threads regarding the swing, particularly the TOUR swing, you can find a 'groove'. I'm on xbox with a somewhat newer standard controller & when I find that groove with the stick  I find that I don't have to practice swing every shot just feels right & not until I'm off a bit with a shot will I stop...take a few practice swings...then let er rip...again.

And keep in mind, different clubs are harder to get a good swing with the axis also seems to differ a bit with the various clubs. Fairway woods are the hardest to stay in 'the groove' with including the Hybrids imo. Irons are a bit more forgiving particularly the shorter clubs. Now the short game, well that's a different story all together.

Point is give it some time, patience, & practice & it should pay off for you, unless of course your in a big hurry to play a round. If that's the case forget everything I just said! Worse case scenario, I hope you kept your copy of TGC1.

Hope to see ya on the links!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 04:43:29 PM »
After further review: my somewhat glowing review of the patch might not actually be so glowing... well, if you're playing during heavy server traffic hours.   This morning and late yesterday evening when I was playing my first three rounds after the patch, I hardly experienced any backswing/backstroke stutter/lag/hesitation.

This afternoon when I fired it up and got online, it was a stuttering, stammering, freezing mess at times.  I actually stubbed two chip shots because the animation froze during the forestroke.  I got a "Perfect/Very Slow" tempo report and the ball went less than a foot in both cases. ???  I had a number of full swings where the golfer would seemingly miss a significant portion of the downswing... one frame I'd be maybe a foot from impact, the next frame the club was well past the impact point.  The results on the shot varied but it usually mean a loss of power, sometimes a whole club short in power.  Quite a few times I aborted the swing after getting stuck in the mud during the back swing, or it could have been worse.

I think I'll schedule my XBox One play for off peak hours after seeing this.   
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:45:11 PM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

weasek

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »
I want to like this game so much &love what hb have done but I put on a computer game to have fun&enjoy I just play this game &get so angry& frustrated by it.i have now played 37 rounds.started with tour clubs went down to player clubs &still not getting on with it.i really do admire the people who get on with the game&play well playing tgc 2.&I play lots of real golf so I do understand golf isn't ment to be easy.its great that a game really makes you learn how to play etc but I don't feel like there's a reason sometimes to what happens with my Xbox controller.

tourbound129

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »
I just tried to play a round, started about 2:45pm Central, and it was no fun. Stuttering, tons of frame drops in the swing animation, etc. Update made the game worse for me it seems. Maybe server load was high, not sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »
what course was the stuttering on i have not seen this yet on xbox,i wonder if its down to the courses and not the server.Just wondering if courses designed on high end PC's not playing well on consoles thats all.TGC1 was the same as well wasnt it on console with courses with big trees high detail etc..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:42:38 PM by Yeltzman »

RHINO4LIFE

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 05:58:45 PM »
I just want to echo the posters giving the time & having the patience to adjust to the newer swing mechanics that TGC2 offers. I've said it before & I'll reiterate, HB, don't change a thing with the swing!

I was not a 'hot shot' with TGC1 & am not a 'hot shot' with TGC2 but I've used the Tour Club set from day one & patience & practice prior to & during each round & each shot will pay off & give you the most rewarding round of virtual golf you will have ever played, IMO! And I am finding the only ones that I can't, most of the time, compete with are those that have been, with TGC1, & are, with TGC2, really good with Player Clubs. The one time I used them at launch I'd decided I wanted a better challenge for myself than that.

Somebody above said it & I've said the same in other threads regarding the swing, particularly the TOUR swing, you can find a 'groove'. I'm on xbox with a somewhat newer standard controller & when I find that groove with the stick  I find that I don't have to practice swing every shot just feels right & not until I'm off a bit with a shot will I stop...take a few practice swings...then let er rip...again.

And keep in mind, different clubs are harder to get a good swing with the axis also seems to differ a bit with the various clubs. Fairway woods are the hardest to stay in 'the groove' with including the Hybrids imo. Irons are a bit more forgiving particularly the shorter clubs. Now the short game, well that's a different story all together.

Point is give it some time, patience, & practice & it should pay off for you, unless of course your in a big hurry to play a round. If that's the case forget everything I just said! Worse case scenario, I hope you kept your copy of TGC1.

THAT

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:54 PM »

Well stated!
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

space-cash