Xbox One Patch

• 64 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »
what course was the stuttering on i have not seen this yet on xbox,i wonder if its down to the courses and not the server.Just wondering if courses designed on high end PC's not playing well on consoles thats all.TGC1 was the same as well wasnt it on console with courses with big trees high detail etc..

It was Jupitor Ridge the TGC Tours mid-Amateur Society tournament.  I was playing with a ghost and a virtual rival.  I wondered if that might have had some effect on the performance having a rival and a ghost.  I couldn't remove either of them because the right shoulder button is broken on my XBox One Elite controller.  I'll try another round while we're still in prime time and see if it happens while I play with just a ghost.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:22:40 PM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 06:27:12 PM »
at the moment i am playing Acrtic's new one he just published and in places i am getting a little bit of stuttering but really nothing i can say spoils my round.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »
at the moment i am playing Acrtic's new one he just published and in places i am getting a little bit of stuttering but really nothing i can say spoils my round.

I went back and played 4 holes at Jupitor Ridge, with just a ghost this time.  There were 14 active rivals I could have chosen to play with, but I opted not to select one.  I didn't have ANY pre-impact stutter, but I did have what I'd call a post impact massive frame skip.  These don't affect the shot, but it looks really awkward.  I'll go back and pick a rival with that many players on the course and see how it impacts it now.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 06:51:07 PM »
You describe it so much better than me,yes Frame skipping is a great description had it on 2 or 3 holes on Wintergreen Golf Club but i just put that down to it being designed on high end PC,Again does not spoil my round did record a couple of them but does not look so bad in replay than Live.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2017, 06:57:28 PM »
You describe it so much better than me,yes Frame skipping is a great description had it on 2 or 3 holes on Wintergreen Golf Club but i just put that down to it being designed on high end PC,Again does not spoil my round did record a couple of them but does not look so bad in replay than Live.

Okay, just played another 4 holes at Jupitor Ridge.  I selected a Rival from a list of 10, to see if the Rival was somehow affecting the performance.  I also added a ghost since I'd had one before when I experienced the problems.  This time it went off without a hitch.  I only had one minor post-shot frame skip, but it was about a 1/3'rd of the duration of the one I'd seen in my previous post. 

I honestly don't know what to make of this, other than net traffic causing problems at times.  I rarely ever see anything like this on the PC version, and even when I do it's so minor in severity.  I'll back my finger away from the panic button for now and say again that I believe this patch was a positive step forward, but certainly not the last one that needs to be made.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

SSenator

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 08:26:33 PM »
What I want to know is why the mini-scorecard changed and now shows the number of the shot you're going to hit.
Golf is not about your future score it's about what you are currently lying.
It really was kinda confusing at first.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:58:00 AM by SSenator »
R.I.P. Divotmaker. It was my pleasure to have known you.

VctryLnSprts

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »
Dear HB,

Today I installed the patch, reset my Xbox, cleared the cache, and fired it up. TGC2 seems to be much better in consistency of results with Tour clubs, so I really appreciate that. I was getting lots of stutter, but what I had to do was take a backswing and let go before taking my real shot. That seemed to eliminate it because the stutter would happen on the first backswing.

One weird thing is that I now have a blurry area about 60% up from the bottom of the tv edge, and it ends at about 70%. I never had that prior to the patch. Here's a picture, but it's harder to see on the picture.

You can see the blur best in the shadow of the tree on the left there. Is this a known issue now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitItLong

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 04:11:48 AM »
Dear HB,

Today I installed the patch, reset my Xbox, cleared the cache, and fired it up. TGC2 seems to be much better in consistency of results with Tour clubs, so I really appreciate that. I was getting lots of stutter, but what I had to do was take a backswing and let go before taking my real shot. That seemed to eliminate it because the stutter would happen on the first backswing.

One weird thing is that I now have a blurry area about 60% up from the bottom of the tv edge, and it ends at about 70%. I never had that prior to the patch. Here's a picture, but it's harder to see on the picture.

You can see the blur best in the shadow of the tree on the left there. Is this a known issue now?

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=20157.msg250190#msg250190
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

leslie.sangster

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 05:53:03 AM »
My golfer has jumped from the normal behind the golfer view to a front on view just after my ball has taken off but I doesn't show up in the replay.
The line across the screen has been there since day one but I have turned antialiasing, bloom and DOF of to improve performance after my first game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobapett

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2017, 01:57:37 PM »
Post-patch, the golfer and course looks MUCH better in shady conditions - the course especially.  I think a little more work could be done with the golfer, but I'm very happy with the improvement.  It looked horrendous before. 

I have experienced some frame jumps - as i believe JCauthen described them.  Also, weird to see what stroke you're shooting, as opposed to what you're lying (laying?).  Not sure why that was part of the patch?  Speaking of score - was the scorecard adding or subtracting strokes in the hole box on handicapped courses before the patch?
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

hey gurth

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2017, 02:31:39 PM »
I played a rival last night and his name stayed on the screen the whole time. Very frustrating when trying to putt when his name is blocking the hole.

MrGolfClubs

• II Robert24 II
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2017, 03:05:54 PM »
Anyone else getting lagging issues again? I have had a few of them here lately. The patch had seemed to be great with lagging issues but now coming up again. More so when playing with rivals. Even tried to restart the game and clearing the cache. Getting to be frustrating at times.

VctryLnSprts

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
@Bobapett Yes, it was automatically changing the number on the card for handicapped holes in net scoring. Pretty annoying isn't it?

Biodynamix

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 07:17:56 AM »
You guys having trouble with the swing seriously need to take more time practicing.  This patch had no negative effect on the swing - it works exactly the way it did before.  I still struggle with Tour clubs, but I can tell when I've found the right groove for my swing motion. I'm rarely surprised by a poor result.  That said, I do wish they'd tone down the penalty for a fast downswing - pretty ridiculous to have the ball fly 30 yards left of target for a slightly quicker downswing.

I'm finding that the sweet spot on the left stick, for me, is almost at 4 o'clock.  It feels like I'm pulling the stick diagonally to the left - say around 7 o'clock - and then push up.  I'm sure my motion isn't that severe, but that's what it feels like.

Ya they added a driving range for a reason

Or just add swing/pad calibration.  Kind of like getting fitted for new clubs.  Rather than having to practice with the rusty, bent ones HB Studios have provided.   ;)

Biodynamix

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 07:41:23 AM »
I just tried to play a round, started about 2:45pm Central, and it was no fun. Stuttering, tons of frame drops in the swing animation, etc. Update made the game worse for me it seems. Maybe server load was high, not sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have two identical Xbox One S pads.  One's playable and the other one's atrocious.  They both play the same on every other game except this one.  It may not be you that's the problem, so I'd suggest to try another pad if you can.  Because if both of mine were like my bad one I'd have given up already and I suspect a lot of the people being told to "git gud" and "just practice" are not to blame.

space-cash