No training wheels

• 46 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 05:46:18 PM »
So is this on Xbox? If so how many members and who is running it?

I am running it for PS4....I used to ran No training wheels tours on XB1 too, a few years ago.

I could possibly do it. If I did what would I have to do minus setting up the society?

Not sure exactly what you mean. Read the original post to see what my Society's philosophy is. I intended to make it private but changed my mind and made it public. I set up daily tournaments with all aids off except the putting camera.

Obviously you don't have to set it up as I did. It would be your Society and you are free to set it up as you wish. No training wheels was the name of my country club in TW 13-14 and I like the name so much I am still using it...😍

You can use it too if you wish....no copyright attached...😊

I mean I would make a Xbox version with sane settings and schedule.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 06:10:31 PM »
No problem...just PM me. I make my schedule 4-5 days in advance as I don't want to miss out too much when new courses come out
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 05:27:56 PM »
Just bumping this in case one or two lost souls have missed the original... :)

capbwfc

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »
joined a few days ago played my first round today did ok  but could of been better down to my putting not being very good and reading the greens,great setup using no assists and events are daily,will do them when i can ;D

demegolfemente

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2017, 11:31:41 AM »

Well done, you hit one more :-)
I play this game only without aid, so I'll join for sure.

More I would like to know other noaid societies, current I found 4. One board post that regroup all the noaid societies would be great.
Ciao
Deme

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2017, 02:16:50 PM »

Well done, you hit one more :-)
I play this game only without aid, so I'll join for sure.

More I would like to know other noaid societies, current I found 4. One board post that regroup all the noaid societies would be great.
Ciao
Deme

You will be welcome...the more the merrier...😊

I think that one tournament a day is a lot more enjoyable than 4 rounds in 3-4-5 days on the same course.

Also,  I suppose there's a lot more than coins to really enjoy playing this game.

bigtee

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 02:50:41 PM »
Oh man. Bogie at Congressional 17th. Needed par on 18 to top leaderboard, and took a 10. That is one tough hole without assistance. Enjoyed it all the same.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:50:10 PM by bigtee »

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2017, 03:08:32 PM »
Seems to me every course we play is a tough one especially when like the last couple of days, my swing is all over the place. Birdies are a rare commodity when your drive lands in the wrong zip code...

If I could only learn to take advantage of the putting cameras !!!

bigtee

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2017, 03:59:56 PM »
I've had no problems with driving with this control. Once i use it more my drives will eventually wander. Congressinal is all heavy rough, so hitting the fairway is important. I hit some real good approaches, but putting is tough. I'm with you on the entry fees. It helps to have a free society. Some of them charge 500-1000 per daily event. That's unsustainable for me. More people should give  'no training whhels' a try.

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »
I certainly can't disagree on that " give No training wheels a try".

A few bad ideas in this version of the game and coins are as far as I'm concerned, one of them. Many seem more interested in earning coins than playing golf. Perhaps they should play monopoly  instead...😊

darvaan

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2017, 02:51:12 PM »
Highly recommend this club to anyone wanting to try true sim style no aids golf without risking any coin. A great place to learn the ropes.
GM of Masochist Sim Club(PS4) - All Aids Off on the finest PGA/RCR courses

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2017, 05:26:23 PM »
Highly recommend this club to anyone wanting to try true sim style no aids golf without risking any coin. A great place to learn the ropes.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I can't figure out why so few people try no aids play and why most of those who tries it, gives it up when they realize they are not shooting minus 12, 15, 18 or whatever their goal is.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation.

I can't figure out why so few people try no aids play and why most of those who tries it, gives it up when they realize they are not shooting minus 12, 15, 18 or whatever their goal is.

Ditto...

Just played Gewella (practice for next weeks TST at TGC Tours) with all aids off including shot feedback and shot -13 and it was such a rewarding round.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

ClassAct147

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2017, 07:22:37 PM »
Wonder what it would take to make this game hard for some.  If 13 under etc is possible unaided what would have to happen to make level par a good score?   The swing would have to become more difficult than IRL  IMO.

stan_solo

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2017, 07:48:25 PM »
I shot +10 at Pinehurst with no aids ... despite pulling my hair out I enjoyed the round in a funny way

space-cash