Course Creator controls

• 18 Replies

gcwbosox

• xbone gt - lordcracka
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
Is there a manual of sorts showing what button to use (i use mouse and keyboard but may be getting xbox controller so both would be nice I guess) for just general movement?  Example:  rotate screen - i wasnt able to change my view to see down a hole. 

Any quick newbie tips on navigation and what buttons to use would be great.

Thanks in advance!
Xbox one

lordcracka

steelereign

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:26:31 PM »
Is there a manual of sorts showing what button to use (i use mouse and keyboard but may be getting xbox controller so both would be nice I guess) for just general movement?  Example:  rotate screen - i wasnt able to change my view to see down a hole. 

Any quick newbie tips on navigation and what buttons to use would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks to our friend RobV for the following:  (HB, would be nice to "sticky" this list)

Many of you are already knee deep into the course creator probably know these, but I felt it might help those who are just starting out.    :)

Here are a list of keyboard commands that will assist you as you create/edit your course.   Keep in mind, it is a good idea to use these shortcuts along with an analog controller to help navigate through your course/map.   

In no particular order:

M - Main Menu - Use arrow keys to navigate, enter to select
Q - Save/Exit Menu
P - Play Menu - Play from here, play hole, play course, basically to test your hole/course

Edit Menus
X - Hole Attributes - start distance, hazards, move hole, set par, etc
C - Create - Holes, bunkers, greens, place objects
W - Create hole
B - create bunker
N - create green
O - Place objects
E - theme/time of day
T - golf course settings (rural, alpine, etc)
L - course layout
G - water, trees

Object editing/brushes
Shift/Arrow keys 
Shift + Up/Down - Increase/Decrease   for example, if you place a bunker, you can increase or decrease its size.  As an alternative, you can hit Enter to expand and Spacebar to undo or decrease.
Shift + Left/Right - Rotate object, rotate left, rotate right

That's what I have come up with just messing around with the keys... if anyone has any other shortcuts they would like to add, feel free to do so. 

Thanks!  Rob

City Builder

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 01:17:12 AM »
You can also now use Shift + WASD to rotate and resize objects instead of the arrow cursor keys if it's more comfortable to you.  Personally I find it much easier to use WASD  with Shift to rotate and resize rather than having to take my right hand off the mouse every time I wish to rotate or resize objects.

gcwbosox

• xbone gt - lordcracka
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »
Great thank you.

One more - rotating the screen when viewing the course?  I would like to change the view to look down the howl as it would be played and couldnt for the life of me figure it out.

Xbox one

lordcracka

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »
to change your view:
- pull mouse to the edges to move
- press mousewheel and carfully move mouse to rotate screen
- use mousewheel to zoom in and out; remember certain options and objects only are available if you have zooomed close enough.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 09:23:10 AM »
You can also now use Shift + WASD to rotate and resize objects instead of the arrow cursor keys if it's more comfortable to you.  Personally I find it much easier to use WASD  with Shift to rotate and resize rather than having to take my right hand off the mouse every time I wish to rotate or resize objects.

Yea that was a horrible oversight on my part when we added this in.  I'll get this thread stickied and try to keep it up to date with some bug fixes.  I know some of those hot keys to jump to various tools/menus are going to change slightly just because of some conflicts with other buttons (WASD pretty much)   

Kamshaft

• Graphic Designer - Game lover
    • XboxAddict.com
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »

Yea that was a horrible oversight on my part when we added this in.  I'll get this thread stickied and try to keep it up to date with some bug fixes.  I know some of those hot keys to jump to various tools/menus are going to change slightly just because of some conflicts with other buttons (WASD pretty much)

Could you share with us the keys to hide the HUD? To take screenshots and video footage?  Thanks Paul.
--

Courses Created
----------------------
Twin Oak Islands Links Golf Club
Knotty Pines Golf Club
Rattlesnake Canyon Golf Club
Sharp Lake Executive Golf Club
Swan Hills Golf Club

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
Could you share with us the keys to hide the HUD? To take screenshots and video footage?  Thanks Paul.

Escape should move you back a level in the menu or hide it and go into the selection tool.  (M will show the menu again)

F12 should open the screenshot tool to take images of your course.

Kamshaft

• XboxAddict.com
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 11:47:22 AM »

Escape should move you back a level in the menu or hide it and go into the selection tool.  (M will show the menu again)

F12 should open the screenshot tool to take images of your course.

When I press F12 the screenshot menu does come up.  But when I press "Escape", the editing stuff comes back.  It would be cool to be able to hide it and then fly around the course pulling to trigger to take shots and it would auto-hide the HUD.   But in the F12 mode, what key or button do I press to actually take the shot?  And where do they save/go?

This may not work for video footage.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:50:09 AM by Kamshaft »
--

Courses Created
----------------------
Knotty Pines Golf Club
Swan Hills Golf Club

Kamshaft

• XboxAddict.com
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 11:53:06 AM »
Answering my own question.  Pressing "Enter" will take the shot and save it to.... C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheGolfClub

Still not good for video grabs.
--

Courses Created
----------------------
Knotty Pines Golf Club
Swan Hills Golf Club

Kamshaft

• XboxAddict.com
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 08:30:10 PM »
Hey Paul,

Thanks!  The flyby over the hole doesn't have anything in the screen, PERFECT for video grabs!
 :)
--

Courses Created
----------------------
Knotty Pines Golf Club
Swan Hills Golf Club

Elz_41

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »
What button do you need to push to increase the height you want to raise  ground to?
Co-Host of TGCTLive! www.twitch.tv/tgctlive

rwmorey71

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 01:01:41 AM »
How do you go about raising or lowering the terrain? I have the brush on the screen but nothing seems to activate it.

Clicking the mouse causes my PC to beep but no changes to occur.

Thanks

Rich

Elz_41

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 05:45:09 AM »
How do you go about raising or lowering the terrain? I have the brush on the screen but nothing seems to activate it.

Clicking the mouse causes my PC to beep but no changes to occur.

Thanks

Rich

You posted the same question as me! I've worked it out.

Push Shift and move the mouse wheel up and down.
Co-Host of TGCTLive! www.twitch.tv/tgctlive

Muell

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »
apparently i am confused  :o I am playing on PC using mouse and keyboard, controls are a bit cumbersome but i'm getting used to it, the problem is , I cant seem to save/publish. The screen shows to use "enter" but that appears to be a controller command, the enter button on the keyboard doesn't do the job. please help and Thanks, Muell

space-cash