Frequently Asked Questions

• 1 Replies

HB_JustinH

• GroupMember
« on: May 06, 2014, 01:30:34 PM »
Hi folks, I will be making a list of frequently asked questions here so new users may find answers for common issues more quickly and to help reduce some clutter on the Forum.

Thanks,

Justin

HB_JustinH

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 04:11:45 PM »
1.   Q: My computer has  directx 11 installed but I can’t get the game to work.

A: Although your computer may have directx 11 installed this does not mean that your graphics processor or video card supports directx 11. One way to determine this is to simply google whether or not your card is directx 11 compatible or alternatively you could run dxdiag to determine this. If you do use dxdiag please go by the information from the display tab rather than the system tab. The DDI version in the display tab must be 11.

2.   Q: My controller isn’t working!

A: Our game currently supports plug and play for X input controllers, this includes the wired xbox 360 controller (not the wireless controller with a usb charger, this will not work on any pc game unless you have the wireless dongle), ps3 controller with a third party driver (I have always had great success using motion joy and there are many easy to follow guides on youtube for setting this up), and the ps4 controller with a mini usb.

3.   Q: Why won’t any of the courses load?

A: This is often caused by a firewall or anitvirus program blocking your computer from getting access to our servers. Please make sure that the TGC is on your anti viruses trusted programs list.

4.   Q: How can I get the game to run smoother on my computer?

A: Try setting your graphics to low and also try lowering the games resolution. In the meantime we are always optimizing the game to run better across a larger variety of hardware.

5.     Q: The game is crashing immediately after trying to launch it.

A:  You must open steam and then go to Library. Within Library you should see The Golf Club there. Right click on TGC and select properties, select the BETAS tab and then choose 32-bit- from "Select the beta you would like to opt into:"  Also please make sure that your video card drivers are updated to the latest available.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:11:35 AM by HB_JustinH »

space-cash