CLV Course Review Society

• 17 Replies

theclv24

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 04:04:30 PM »
Thanks for the feedback so far.

theclv24

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 10:16:57 AM »
I've been debating internally what to do over Labor Day weekend, since I will be gone Friday-Tuesday. I didn't want to introduce a new course, since the point of the society is kind of to get me to play and review new courses, so I decided on a 2-round, 4-day event at a favorite course that I've already played. Of my top courses so far, I guessed that The Sandbelt would be one of the lesser played ones, so that's what I went with.

I have another absence coming up in a few weekends, so I'll likely come up with another replacement event for that one, depending on how this one goes.

theclv24

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 12:17:05 PM »
It looks like the @miacanes12 flyby at Glenelg vaulted me back into the points lead. I also took an early 2 shot lead at Sunningdale last night, although I wouldn't expect that to last.

Speaking of, I enjoy Sunningdale immensely, but maybe wouldn't have used it had a known it received no TGC2 attention other than tournament crowds. I thought it still played well though, if only because the real course is so good.

Thinking of an RCR major event late in September. Since Magnolia was used in the DHOF, and we already played St Andrews, my next oldest RCR in terms of release date is Oakmont. There are plenty of RCR's on my list that I haven't gotten to yet, so I'm also open to any suggestions. I would just exclude these, which I've already played and reviewed: Pebble, Birkdale, Whistling Straits and Firestone.

space-cash