Anyone help with tempo on Irons?

• 2 Replies

Mailman

« on: March 17, 2018, 07:37:50 AM »
Been playing TG2 for a couple of weeks now and I'm really quite enjoying the challenge of it all.  I appreciate the fact that the movement of the backswing and the throughswing mirror what I believe to be happening with my mouse i.e a direct correspondence between mouse movement and ani movement. The only thing that is proving to be somewhat of a mystery is the tempo element.  Just played at The Heritage course (very nice BTW) with narrow tree-lined fairways by in large.  With the hardest clubset I managed to hit more FW than I missed and the Driver/3W clubs were well-behaved for most of the round with no wild shots into the really thick stuff.  However the irons seem to have a mind of their own with 4/5 of them coming up dreadfully short and left (invariably into water!).  Almost always with either Perfect/Slow or (for the really bad ones) Perfect/Very Slow!  Speeding up the follow through can make it worse for me.  With my driving I was trying to make the back and follow have the same pace/tempo but applying it to the irons I struggled at times frustratingly so.

So my question is ' Is there a different tempo requirement for woods compared to irons? '.  Any tips to help eliminate these 'Very Slow' round-breakers.
Intel i5 4690K @ 4.4GHZ O/C
Inno 3D Nvidia 1060 (6GB) GPU No O/C
16GB of 2400MHz DDR3 Ram
Razer Diamondback Mouse

HB_Alan

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 11:00:49 PM »
Hi, are you playing with the Standard clubs? We recommend this to begin with. The cause of the tempo Slow/Very Slow may be if you're holding the club too long at the height of the swing? Try and keep it to one fluid motion. It should be the same whether W or I but yes, speeding it up is not necessarily the solution but rather the fluidity of the swing throughout its whole motion. I could be wrong but I know when that happens to me, it tends to be because I'm holding it for a fraction too long. Takes a bit of practice to get it right consistently. Hope this helps. Others on here may have other ideas, too.

Mailman

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 05:12:40 AM »
Still mucking around with the in-game sensitivity slider and increased it up to 90 yesterday DPI on Razer set at  1750.  Again been mucking about with this as well although now gravitated to having the same dpi on both axes.  Seems that the propensity of the game to cause me to have poor tempo (for some shots esp the irons) is directly related to both these mouse settings.  Any kind of a micro pause kills the tempo for me.  Keeping the shot within the cone is seldom a problem with these poor shots (that invariably lurch to the the left and short playing as a leftie).  I also think that a bit of the issue is 'pressure related' when I have big trouble to the left off the tee so possibly the movement of my mouse becomes less fluid.

I may try another experiment today have much lower dpi in-game and on my razer software although I much prefer the natural speed of the swing created by higher settings on both. (EDIT :  Tried this and swing was much worse in terms of direction and strength - surprised that the default is set at 49 as TG2 is pretty well unplayable for me at this lower setting!)

Yes started with the standard clubs for about a week or so again gravitated to the longer tougher clubs in the last week.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:41:05 AM by Mailman »
Intel i5 4690K @ 4.4GHZ O/C
Inno 3D Nvidia 1060 (6GB) GPU No O/C
16GB of 2400MHz DDR3 Ram
Razer Diamondback Mouse

space-cash