Only 7,412 copies of TGC 2 sold on Steam?

• 49 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »
if rory mcillroy had come out with the 44 courses that were in tiger '14 , all in frostbite 3 beauty it would have sold well.  I still to this day contend the only reason tiger '14 didn't see well is because it released in april of the year the ps4 was realeasing.   everyone was waiting to see what was coming for the next generation.  rory golf was a good looking game they just got off track with the golfing crowd plus their features were bare and their online didn't work properly.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 07:04:19 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think TGC2 is the last version we will see. Midget mud wrestling videos, sell more copy's I think.

if it is, where are we headed?  you could be right,  I'm sure all of the release bugs drove off a good chunk of the casual players.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »
Once TGC1 server get shut down and the bugs fixed in 2, we will see an uptick in players.

Remember, did not TGC enter the early release market?

THERAYaka

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 02:54:59 PM »
if rory mcillroy had come out with the 44 courses that were in tiger '14 , all in frostbite 3 beauty it would have sold well.  I still to this day contend the only reason tiger '14 didn't see well is because it released in april of the year the ps4 was realeasing.   everyone was waiting to see what was coming for the next generation.  rory golf was a good looking game they just got off track with the golfing crowd plus their features were bare and their online didn't work properly.
Ironic, isn't it.
 "The long memory is the most radical idea in the country. It is the loss of that long memory which deprives our people of that connective flow of thoughts and events that clarifies our vision, not of where we’re going but where we want to go.”

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

jitter1127

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »
Here is why I think it sold poorly.

1.  Game is not well known (also very poor marketing)
2.  Lack of multiplayer / lobby
3.  Lack of 3-click swing
4.  Lack of customization in general

People can bash on EA all they want, but the features of TGC are barebones compared to the EA games.  Obviously a small studio does not have the power / money to compete with EA, but people want options.  Things like different tees, different green conditions, and pin placements should be standard in a golf game. To have a character creator where you cant change simple things is silly to me.  Also the lack of any real multiplayer in a 2017 golf game makes 0 sense.  I know I got bored to tears in TGC 1 with the lack of just thinking about the shot.  It is mostly mindless moving the stick back and forth.  I realize TGC added a tempo system, but a golf game should not be about who uses what controller or who can move the stick back and forth the best. 

I would like to see some creativity / thinking required on all shots.  For example if you blast a driver on a hole you may have a 50-60 yard chip left, but it is an uphill awkward lie that you need to control the spin on. Or you could take an iron off the T and be left with a more straight forward flat 120-130 yard shot instead. 

D3souz4

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 03:26:16 PM »

I would like to see some creativity / thinking required on all shots.  For example if you blast a driver on a hole you may have a 50-60 yard chip left, but it is an uphill awkward lie that you need to control the spin on. Or you could take an iron off the T and be left with a more straight forward flat 120-130 yard shot instead.

Why do you think this isnt already in the game. You can control spin to a degree with the loft and your lie and the wind effects the ball flight. The risk reward stuff is up to course designers and there are loads of amazing courses with exactly that.

jitter1127

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »

Why do you think this isnt already in the game. You can control spin to a degree with the loft and your lie and the wind effects the ball flight. The risk reward stuff is up to course designers and there are loads of amazing courses with exactly that.

I hear that the lie in TGC2 has more of an effect than TGC1 which is good, but it should probably be more pronounced.  In links if you had an uphill lie with a full wedge on soft fast greens the ball would not hold the green and spin off.  You would need to hit a 3/4 or half shot.  I realize some courses have risk / reward shots created by the designers, but in my experience it is almost always better just to hit it as far as you can unless the FW gets real narrow, but thats a different scenario. 

Rich34

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
The latest figures shown on steam spy shows 4,384 owners on  8/19 a drop of  4,000 in 5 days. This should be disturbing to HB. If you study the graphs people are trying the game but not keeping it.

IMOP  I don't think anyone from HB or the faithful on this forum really  are  really interested in hearing honest criticism.

Since the beta was on the PC and limited you have to wonder if everything was being rubber stamped or did HB not listen to the testers.  The NDA  will never be lifted.

For the sake of the game  I hope the console versions  are having better success.

BSmooth13

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »
The latest figures shown on steam spy shows 4,384 owners on  8/19 a drop of  4,000 in 5 days. This should be disturbing to HB. If you study the graphs people are trying the game but not keeping it.

IMOP  I don't think anyone from HB or the faithful on this forum really  are  really interested in hearing honest criticism.

Since the beta was on the PC and limited you have to wonder if everything was being rubber stamped or did HB not listen to the testers.  The NDA  will never be lifted.

For the sake of the game  I hope the console versions  are having better success.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 11:33:46 AM »

You quoted the above and gave no reply ...why?

BSmooth13

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 12:06:23 PM »

You quoted the above and gave no reply ...why?
The quote included a slight difference from the original message

Thrangar

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think TGC2 is the last version we will see. Midget mud wrestling videos, sell more copy's I think.

if it is, where are we headed?  you could be right,  I'm sure all of the release bugs drove off a good chunk of the casual players.

I said the same thing a month ago(to lazy to look it up), I say this only because that makes two long time players who have the same feeling, doesn't make it true but it does reflect!

I am taking it farther, as I have had enough, the game just doesn't cut it for me (wish I had a refund coming) for me there were 4 to 6 aspects of the first game that should have been fixed or changed, that were not, and this has led me to the position /attitude I have today ..HB did not and has not listen period.

I truly hope someone else takes up the reigns of video golf because HB has blown it.

You guys take care its been enjoyable being part of the forum.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 12:09:02 PM »

I said the same thing a month ago(to lazy to look it up), I say this only because that makes two long time players who have the same feeling, doesn't make it true but it does reflect!

I am taking it farther, as I have had enough, the game just doesn't cut it for me (wish I had a refund coming) for me there were 4 to 6 aspects of the first game that should have been fixed or changed, that were not, and this has led me to the position /attitude I have today ..HB did not and has not listen period.

I truly hope someone else takes up the reigns of video golf because HB has blown it.

You guys take care its been enjoyable being part of the forum.
Totally agree...very disappointed with this game...i load it up every other day or so but always end up quitting in frustration.

mebby

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2017, 06:38:58 PM »
The funny thing (well... not really, I guess "interesting" is a better choice of words) about all this is that I got so frustrated with TGC1 that I put it down and focused on JNPG.

And I'm really enjoying TGC2 whereas there are many people that are the exact opposite.  Most of my playing is solo and I play by my own house rules (sim-like settings) so that may be part of the reason.

Just interesting seeing so many people throwing up their hands while there are quite a few that have come back to TGC2 when they really disliked TGC1.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 09:29:39 PM »
I'm with you Mebby.  I love the game more and more each day. I think that it's like a lot of other things with people's attitudes these days.  They seem to feel they should be able to pick up anything and become the greatest player who ever lived within a week.  If they're not, the game sucks.  It couldn't possibly be the lack of effort that they put into it.........
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash