Only 7,412 copies of TGC 2 sold on Steam?

• 49 Replies

mebby

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 10:15:59 PM »
I'm with you Mebby.  I love the game more and more each day. I think that it's like a lot of other things with people's attitudes these days.  They seem to feel they should be able to pick up anything and become the greatest player who ever lived within a week.  If they're not, the game sucks.  It couldn't possibly be the lack of effort that they put into it.........

Yea, I agree.  I've just never understood the point of picking up a golf game in shooting a 59 within one week of owning it.  Make me work for it.  Make me understand the nuances of the game engine and learn to appreciate it.  Make me play strategically and take calculated risks.

In my opinion the TGC series will always have a heavier lean towards arcade but I feel like TGC2 has taken a big step towards realism and maybe some (not saying it's wrong) don't like that.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 10:20:24 PM »
The funny thing (well... not really, I guess "interesting" is a better choice of words) about all this is that I got so frustrated with TGC1 that I put it down and focused on JNPG.

And I'm really enjoying TGC2 whereas there are many people that are the exact opposite.  Most of my playing is solo and I play by my own house rules (sim-like settings) so that may be part of the reason.

Just interesting seeing so many people throwing up their hands while there are quite a few that have come back to TGC2 when they really disliked TGC1.

I'm with you Mebby.  I love the game more and more each day. I think that it's like a lot of other things with people's attitudes these days.  They seem to feel they should be able to pick up anything and become the greatest player who ever lived within a week.  If they're not, the game sucks.  It couldn't possibly be the lack of effort that they put into it.........

Agreed 100%.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Opinder93

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 12:42:26 AM »
Avg. gamer videogame for this TGC2?  None!

Only casual golfer and serious golfer are enjoy this game.
I thought it's enough... The game is a good.

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »
I don't think I'm breaking NDA by giving vague opinions, but the beta was awesome upon release, just very buggy. They slowly stripped away everything shown at e3. Now we're left with tgc1 with societies, splines, and a TON of bugs.

I'm pretty sure if the designer and gameplay were the focus of the devs the game would be much more popular.

$320000 (estimate) is a pretty low number.
Wrong hole Kobe

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »
That is exactly right. They ended up in the middle with the game. Too intricate and too high skill floor for casual gamers and to shallow and not high enough skill cap for the serious players.

Add to that a worse tournaments system and less course variety and gameplay modes than the first game.

It's a shame as the course creator is amazing and there are stunning RCR made (not that HB showcases anything else than their own official courses out of which most are really bad).

stan_solo

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »
The potential is there for a great game ... but the strategy is wacky

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »
It'd be nice to have one really hard swing, I loved shooting 80 in the beginning of the beta. It required risk/reward strategy, easy courses actually had purpose, it just all around felt more like golf and gave something to work towards.

It's like they forgot the hardest swing was supposed to be hard.
Wrong hole Kobe

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »
The landing angles and spin were better too.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2017, 03:48:53 PM »
Do you not think that after a few months, you would be able to play any club set they threw at you?

If they made it so hard that even the best players rarely broke par, this game would be dead, dead, dead.

It's a video game'

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »
Do you not think that after a few months, you would be able to play any club set they threw at you?

If they made it so hard that even the best players rarely broke par, this game would be dead, dead, dead.

It's a video game'

that's why you use an easier swing.

Video games can mimic realism
Wrong hole Kobe

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »
I totally agree Russ but I can almost bet you anything, most of the complaints were from those trying to use the Tour clubs and failing badly.

I now hit Player clubs 90 - 95% of the time Perfect Perfect and straight in the cone with an occasional mi****. Tis why I struggle with the Tour clubs but am having a blast doing it.

In the end it is what it is and those of us who enjoy the game will continue to do so until something better comes along.

Leadbelly

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2017, 12:32:25 PM »
I don't play the game anymore, stopped playing about a month back. Its a good game, just not enough going on to keep ones interest over the long haul. If they make another version I will probable buy it anyway, I had fun playing this version.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »
So do you play the other game now Lead?

If so, why?

Not starting anything.

Leadbelly

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2017, 12:19:46 PM »
So do you play the other game now Lead?

If so, why?

Not starting anything.

Yes I am playing the other game, mainly because of the multiplayer features and the tournaments they provide. If this game had those features I would be playing this one, it would rock with a good lobby/multiplayer but that's not the case. I am not one to cry over spilled milk, but maybe next go around some of these features will be added.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:59:24 PM by Leadbelly »

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 07:35:36 AM »
It'd be nice to have one really hard swing, I loved shooting 80 in the beginning of the beta. It required risk/reward strategy, easy courses actually had purpose, it just all around felt more like golf and gave something to work towards.

It's like they forgot the hardest swing was supposed to be hard.

I remember , YES this!.   You have to appeal to everyone.  Okay now I've officially said it 1,000 times.  Of course I agree with others who want online options and matchplay too.

I can't wait for a company to get this golf thing really right. Whoever that may be.  ctually tiger '14 on frostbite would be perfect
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:39:36 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash