Author Topic: Nick Faldo on Jason Day:  (Read 660 times)

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
Nick Faldo on Jason Day:
« on: August 13, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »

'One of the worst decisions I've seen a professional golfer make'

On the 18th hole of the third round of the PGA Championship, Jason Day essentially saw his quest for a second major title derailed due to an extremely poor decision with his second shot on the par-four final hole.

After hitting a wild drive to the right and stymied behind a tree, Day decided to attempt the unthinkable by trying to get to the green in two instead of taking his medicine and chipping out.

Legendary golfer and longtime broadcaster Nick Faldo didn’t mince words and said it was, “One of the worst decisions I’ve seen a professional golfer make.”

Unsurprisingly, Day was only able to advance the ball a few yards into a collection of bushes – even further right than where he was originally. He then was forced to take a drop next to the grandstand and subsequently incurred a one-stroke penalty. Still unable to reach the green, Day laid up into the thick righthand side rough for his fourth shot.

The Australian native then came up well short of the green on his fifth and finally reached the dance floor with a ‘Texas wedge’ on his sixth shot.

Adding insult to injury, Day’s triple bogey putt lipped out, eventually tapping in for a shocking quadruple bogey.

SANCHEZCFC

Re: Nick Faldo on Jason Day:
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »

'One of the worst decisions I've seen a professional golfer make'

On the 18th hole of the third round of the PGA Championship, Jason Day essentially saw his quest for a second major title derailed due to an extremely poor decision with his second shot on the par-four final hole.

After hitting a wild drive to the right and stymied behind a tree, Day decided to attempt the unthinkable by trying to get to the green in two instead of taking his medicine and chipping out.

Legendary golfer and longtime broadcaster Nick Faldo didn’t mince words and said it was, “One of the worst decisions I’ve seen a professional golfer make.”

Unsurprisingly, Day was only able to advance the ball a few yards into a collection of bushes – even further right than where he was originally. He then was forced to take a drop next to the grandstand and subsequently incurred a one-stroke penalty. Still unable to reach the green, Day laid up into the thick righthand side rough for his fourth shot.

The Australian native then came up well short of the green on his fifth and finally reached the dance floor with a ‘Texas wedge’ on his sixth shot.

Adding insult to injury, Day’s triple bogey putt lipped out, eventually tapping in for a shocking quadruple bogey.
Well Faldo is well qualified to make that assessment..what i find strange is the amount of very good players who have made number 1 in the world only to drop down the rankings after doing so..dustin excepted at the moment but he is struggling...just shows how dominant tiger really was.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »
I like Day but something about him makes me think he is on drugs. Maybe not illegal drugs but something. Not sure why but he gives me that vibe.

I did see that live and never heard his caddy say anything which is odd.
XB1 X

4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Nightowl

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »
Maybe HB can hire Faldo to do commentary for TGC2.  "Not gonna sugar coat it.  That was one of the worst ..."  :p

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 05:25:43 PM »
Day had a pretty significant back injury and had a health issue with his Mom

It might be that he's just not that into golf at the moment

Anyone who lives in Ohio as a professional golfer so his wife can be near her family is a good dude

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:55:07 PM »
Omg he approves of someone.
XB1 X

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 12:31:32 AM »

Anyone who lives in Ohio as a professional golfer so his wife can be near her family is a good dude

Wow.  That is some serious sacrifice!

Oswinner

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 05:32:34 AM »
It was a silly shot decision and it cost me money as I backed him each-way. Grrr. I'll let the dude off though as he has won me loads of moolah before, plus I backed JT too anyways 🤑

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 08:33:43 AM »

Wow.  That is some serious sacrifice!

I'm not dissing Ohio - Ohio is great, especially Dublin area

But almost everyone who does what he does for a living lives in a warm climate with Jupiter Florida as the main place these days

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »
I'm OK with ohio dissing. 

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »
I'm OK with ohio dissing.

Lol

I live in Indiana I can't really diss where anyone lives

Except for Florida or Texas (with the exception of Austin) - both of those places can go bye bye :)

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 01:52:49 PM »
it seems to me Nick Faldo a lot more popular in the USA,than over here in europe.Dont rate him at all when Sky broadcasts the CBS coverage over here.Jim Nantz so impressive in my view.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 02:29:46 PM »
it seems to me Nick Faldo a lot more popular in the USA,than over here in europe.Dont rate him at all when Sky broadcasts the CBS coverage over here.Jim Nantz so impressive in my view.

I will take him over Johnny Miller or Joe Buck any day.

Feherty is the best on the course but I think he could do well in the booth.
XB1 X

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »
only ever heard Joe Buck on the American football (gridiron),seems a ok guy to me,no idea if hes any good on golf.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 04:25:12 PM »
only ever heard Joe Buck on the American football (gridiron),seems a ok guy to me,no idea if hes any good on golf.

He's not

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

space-cash