New update

• 30 Replies

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« on: August 16, 2017, 03:34:54 PM »
New update just moments ago and everything is hazy and blurry as all heck. Checked graphic settings all is good there.  Closed game restarted Steam same thing on hubby's pc as well.  Screen shot attached and does not give it justice. And yes I have my glasses on.. 8)

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »
I always reboot my PC after updating a game on Steam.

Hope that helps.

Turn Depth of Field off and see if that doesn't help.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 03:39:59 PM »
Another view from designer ..

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 03:55:00 PM »
Set FOV to off, seem to correct issue, Always had it on and never had a problem.  So apparently FOV does not work in the new update.
Thanks for the info D4ffy!

jaws1948

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 04:34:17 PM »
A bit fuzzy here as well.  I set depth of field to off and found no noticable difference.  Still somewhat fuzzy.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 04:48:40 PM »
Set FOV to off, seem to correct issue, Always had it on and never had a problem.  So apparently FOV does not work in the new update.

What do you mean by doesn't work?

I had it on, things in distance were blurry, turn it off, they are clear....

It is Depth of Field not Field of Vision.

Big difference in gaming.

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 05:07:56 PM »

Turned of DOF (most games call it FOV  sorry for the confusion)  cleared up things except I am not visually impaired and the green grids are fuzzy as all heck. I can understand the reasoning to allow for this in the present update for those who are impaired but for those who are not  things seem a bit fuzzy like I am wearing someone else's eyeglasses when I am on the green. It is not as  sharp and clear as prior to update. Perhaps we should have been giving a choice in that matter because I seriously feel like I am wearing dirty fuzzy glasses when on green.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:10:15 PM by Inflames47 »

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »

Turned of DOF (most games call it FOV  sorry for the confusion)  cleared up things except I am not visually impaired and the green grids are fuzzy as all heck. I can understand the reasoning to allow for this in the present update for those who are impaired but for those who are not  things seem a bit fuzzy like I am wearing someone else's eyeglasses when I am on the green. It is not as  sharp and clear as prior to update. Perhaps we should have been giving a choice in that matter because I seriously feel like I am wearing dirty fuzzy glasses when on green.

Oh you didn't say green grids.

Not sure about any more fuzzy than it was but DOF was not working at all before patch, now it does.

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »
It was both, the DOF got clearer when I turned off, but the green grid is very fuzzy and lines are wider/thicker and blurry.
I honestly cannot remember if I had DOF on or off prior to update, all I know is this update is not as clear /sharp as before and the green grids are definitely not clear. So if anyone knows of a fix for this would be great to know.   I did read the fixes in the update and can only assume this had to do with making changes for the visually impaired.

Once again, certainly have no problem with that, but for those who are not it is like putting on someone else's prescription eyeglasses when on green. 8). Hopefully I am not the only person that is experiencing this, I can say my husband also has this issue, so I am thinking not.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »
It was both, the DOF got clearer when I turned off, but the green grid is very fuzzy and lines are wider/thicker and blurry.
I honestly cannot remember if I had DOF on or off prior to update, all I know is this update is not as clear /sharp as before and the green grids are definitely not clear. So if anyone knows of a fix for this would be great to know.   I did read the fixes in the update and can only assume this had to do with making changes for the visually impaired.

Once again, certainly have no problem with that, but for those who are not it is like putting on someone else's prescription eyeglasses when on green. 8). Hopefully I am not the only person that is experiencing this, I can say my husband also has this issue, so I am thinking not.

Have you rebooted your PC?

If not, give that a shot.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 05:42:48 PM »

Have you rebooted your PC?

If not, give that a shot.

Yep sure did, that did not help  Thanks for asking

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 06:18:32 PM »
After further investigation, it appears to be an issue with the GEforce 1000 series, as we have 3 pc's in house- The one I use is GTX 1070, Deathstar's is GTX 1060 and our spare pc is GTX 960. All have the same graphic drivers and settings, yet on the 960 card the green grids are fine.... so there is the answer to the million dollar question. I can learn to live with it until a new driver is out or try to roll back and see if that helps, but prefer to keep my drivers updated.

UPDATE  Problem solved.  Reinstalled driver all is good.. now I can go to bed!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:30:35 PM by Inflames47 »

Leadbelly

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 06:52:41 PM »
but the green grid is very fuzzy and lines are wider/thicker and blurry.

I posted about this long before this patch was released. Some courses had the problem then and still do now I just checked. But the designers did not seem to have a clue what I was taking about, so I just avoid courses with the problem most dont have it anyway.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »
Make sure you aren't playing a winter themed course - those grid lines are blurry on purpose.

Leadbelly

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
That must be the reason why its only the odd course, I mentioned it but no one said anything.

space-cash