Undocumented Improvements in Current Patch

• 29 Replies

mebby

« on: August 16, 2017, 10:23:14 PM »
Wow... this patch is a big step up and I feel like some of the highlights weren't even called out.

Lighting seems better.  Maybe I just played in good conditions tonight but things looked MUCH better to me.

Golfer animations.  Some new stuff in there and much more appropriately timed.  This adds a lot to the experience!

NO STUTTER for me when the ball approaches the cup.  I've documented this issue very clearly.  It's 100% gone now.  Game runs as smooth as butter after the path.

This one was documented (although it read very sarcastic) but the new HUD coloring is MUCH more visible.  I have 20/20 vision and this improvement was indicated as if it were for the visually impaired which is absurd.  I'm playing on a laptop with the screen 15" from my face... with 20/20 vision.  Now if they could just NOT make the wind indicator overlap with the distance 75% of the time we'll be in business.

Great patch!!  But you guys need to take better credit for the things that you're building into these patches!  LOL!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:19:25 AM by mebby »
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:47:45 AM »
This one was documented (although it read very sarcastic) but the new HUD coloring is MUCH more visible.  I have 20/20 vision and this improvement was indicated as if it were for the visually impaired which is absurd.  I'm playing on a laptop with the screen 15" from my face... with 20/20 vision.  Now if they could just NOT make the wind indicator overlap with the distance 75% of the time we'll be in business.

I think you can adjust HUD offset to possibly help your issue of wind indicator overlap Default is 20.

phlyerphanatic31

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 04:49:47 AM »
It took me a couple of rounds to "dial" my swing back in post patch. The avatar(to me anyway) seems to move a little quicker on the back swing which totally threw me off at first.  Once I got use to it all seemed to be OK. I'll revisit when I play again

scajjr2

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:30:08 AM »
Still get random wild swings during peak times, ball physics still off (superball-like bounces off mounds, massive backspin on bunker shots but not full LW/GW/PW shots), leaderboards still a couple holes behind during play.

Sam
i9-9900k,Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,32Gb DDR4, Samsung PM981 1Tb PCIe NVMe & 850 EVO 1Tb SSDs ,3Tb HD, EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Hybrid,  Vizio D40u-D1 Monoprice 32" 4K x2, Win 10 x64, XB1 controller

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G i7-6700hq, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, GTX1070 8Gb, 17" g-sync

Xbox One X
PS4 Pro

mebby

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 09:19:46 AM »

I think you can adjust HUD offset to possibly help your issue of wind indicator overlap Default is 20.

Thanks.  I'll give that a shot.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

HB_LauraC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 09:31:03 AM »
Wow... this patch is a big step up and I feel like some of the highlights weren't even called out.

Lighting seems better.  Maybe I just played in good conditions tonight but things looked MUCH better to me.

Golfer animations.  Some new stuff in there and much more appropriately timed.  This adds a lot to the experience!

NO STUTTER for me when the ball approaches the cup.  I've documented this issue very clearly.  It's 100% gone now.  Game runs as smooth as butter after the path.

Great patch!!  But you guys need to take better credit for the things that you're building into these patches!  LOL!

We added a drop shadow, which is the improvement you're seeing, mebby. The note in the documentation is referring to a separate HUD mode available under the Display settings that turns all of the text backings solid, making the contrast much heavier.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 10:47:18 AM »
Seems like some good improvements with the exception of the DOF issue.

I like some of the animations but the dropping to knees thing is way over the top.

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

mebby

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 10:59:25 AM »
To be clear... DOF wasn't working in the prior version regardless of the setting.  Now that it's working properly people are seeing the desired result.  DOF SHOULD be defaulted to Off but I think it's defaulted to on.  I suspect that many people will turn it off.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:07:32 AM »
To be clear... DOF wasn't working in the prior version regardless of the setting.  Now that it's working properly people are seeing the desired result.  DOF SHOULD be defaulted to Off but I think it's defaulted to on.  I suspect that many people will turn it off.

It's really working properly?

It gives an entire blurry image to me - close up and far.

But someone said GTX 1000 cards were mangling it somehow

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
Seems like some good improvements with the exception of the DOF issue.

I like some of the animations but the dropping to knees thing is way over the top.

Yeah, that one should be reserved for a triple breaker over 90ft.

Exactly - not a 4 footer

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

milwsteve

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 11:13:05 AM »
mouse swing still doesn't work with the new update getting slow and very slow back swing and down swing and the clubs won't work after 30 shots with the x box 360 controller on my computer.DOF is turned off.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 11:23:36 AM »
mouse swing still doesn't work with the new update getting slow and very slow back swing and down swing and the clubs won't work after 30 shots with the x box 360 controller on my computer.DOF is turned off.

I'm not seeing any of that, it has to be you!

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 11:26:11 AM »

Agreed, working like a charm. With it off everything on my screen is sharp as a tack, with it on, blurry, as it should be.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 11:28:17 AM »

It's really working properly?

It gives an entire blurry image to me - close up and far.

But someone said GTX 1000 cards were mangling it somehow

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 11:28:22 AM »

You're welcome, saved you a few keystrokes to tell someone what they are experiencing is not true because it isn't what you see

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

space-cash