Undocumented Improvements in Current Patch

• 29 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »
Sounds good so far...

You guys notice any difference in chipping ?
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 11:37:45 AM »
Sounds good so far...

I haven't
Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 11:44:42 AM »
To be clear... DOF wasn't working in the prior version regardless of the setting.  Now that it's working properly people are seeing the desired result.  DOF SHOULD be defaulted to Off but I think it's defaulted to on.  I suspect that many people will turn it off.

It's really working properly?

It gives an entire blurry image to me - close up and far.

But someone said GTX 1000 cards were mangling it somehow

What I'm seeing from the DOF in TGC 2, post patch, is the same thing I saw with DOF in TGC 1, and that is blurring at what I think is way too short a distance.  It doesn't look natural at all to me.  On the positive side, the DOF effect is not as taxing on the frame rate in TGC 2 as it was in TGC 1. 

After experimenting with it out of curiosity a bit today, I'll turn it back off and be glad we have to option to do so.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 11:44:53 AM »
Sounds good so far...

I haven't

I'm not seeing any of that, it has to be you!

Nightowl

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
Wow... this patch is a big step up and I feel like some of the highlights weren't even called out.

Lighting seems better.  Maybe I just played in good conditions tonight but things looked MUCH better to me.

Golfer animations.  Some new stuff in there and much more appropriately timed.  This adds a lot to the experience!

NO STUTTER for me when the ball approaches the cup.  I've documented this issue very clearly.  It's 100% gone now.  Game runs as smooth as butter after the path.

This one was documented (although it read very sarcastic) but the new HUD coloring is MUCH more visible.  I have 20/20 vision and this improvement was indicated as if it were for the visually impaired which is absurd.  I'm playing on a laptop with the screen 15" from my face... with 20/20 vision.  Now if they could just NOT make the wind indicator overlap with the distance 75% of the time we'll be in business.

Great patch!!  But you guys need to take better credit for the things that you're building into these patches!  LOL!
Pretty obvious the team has been working hard to address some of the game's shortcomings. Well done, HB.  I'd probably tone down the animations just a tad, however. ;o)

Leadbelly

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
The game runs good for me I have no complaints, I am just happy to be here.

bob5453

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 12:50:12 PM »
I like the animations, the more the better. I would like to see a couple where the golfer turns and looks right into the camera so I could see my facial blemishes. :)
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2017, 12:58:23 PM »
I'm still waiting for my golfer to do the moon walk or sprinkler dance on the green after I put out for par.  ;) ;D

-MERACE

pgadesertrat

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2017, 01:15:41 PM »
Last night I found myself mumbling a few choice 4 letter words at my golfer for his Mickelson leap animation after I had tapped out for par following a blown short putt for birdie, LOL.

Nightowl

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »
Last night I found myself mumbling a few choice 4 letter words at my golfer for his Mickelson leap animation after I had tapped out for par following a blown short putt for birdie, LOL.
Yes, I'd prefer the more demonstrative animations be limited to rarer circumstances. 

FRSTDWN

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 01:36:24 PM »

I think we all are!

:)
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 01:40:58 PM »

I think we all are!

:)

Ditto!
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

mebby

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »
To be clear... DOF wasn't working in the prior version regardless of the setting.  Now that it's working properly people are seeing the desired result.  DOF SHOULD be defaulted to Off but I think it's defaulted to on.  I suspect that many people will turn it off.

I've got a laptop with a GTX 1070 and a desktop with a GTX 1080 and it's working as expected on both machines.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

mebby

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 02:10:53 PM »

What I'm seeing from the DOF in TGC 2, post patch, is the same thing I saw with DOF in TGC 1, and that is blurring at what I think is way too short a distance.  It doesn't look natural at all to me.  On the positive side, the DOF effect is not as taxing on the frame rate in TGC 2 as it was in TGC 1. 

After experimenting with it out of curiosity a bit today, I'll turn it back off and be glad we have to option to do so.

Yea - I do agree with this.  The "blur line" is way too close BUT... DOF is definitely working post-patch and it definitely was NOT working pre-patch (except on the main menu screen - it worked there pre-patch)
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

golombek

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 03:00:41 PM »
Wow... this patch is a big step up and I feel like some of the highlights weren't even called out.

Lighting seems better.  Maybe I just played in good conditions tonight but things looked MUCH better to me.

Golfer animations.  Some new stuff in there and much more appropriately timed.  This adds a lot to the experience!

NO STUTTER for me when the ball approaches the cup.  I've documented this issue very clearly.  It's 100% gone now.  Game runs as smooth as butter after the path

VISUALLY IMPAIRED?  yes it should be not everyone has your 20 20 vision. Visual impairment doesn't imply blindness but impairments across a range of vision.  I used to work as a guide and communicator for DeafBlind  so I saw many differing  levels of impairment.

This one was documented (although it read very sarcastic) but the new HUD coloring is MUCH more visible.  I have 20/20 vision and this improvement was indicated as if it were for the visually impaired which is absurd.  I'm playing on a laptop with the screen 15" from my face... with 20/20 vision.  Now if they could just NOT make the wind indicator overlap with the distance 75% of the time we'll be in business.

Great patch!!  But you guys need to take better credit for the things that you're building into these patches!  LOL!

space-cash