Can we get a coastal background / plot on themes other than Highlands?

• 18 Replies

Antiparosjez

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 12:13:14 PM »
You can force water on all sides in any theme. Pick the back drop with the lowest hills. Create a hole from corner to corner and keep moving to the edge. Expand the plot until the edge is about 9000 yards. Cover everything with water and delete the hole.

For desert theme I placed it about 500ft above default ground level. And added some fog to obscure the hills that didn't get covered. Now I have a seaside desert to build on.

Very ingenious. Sounds like hard work though. Be good if HB could help out as so many courses are looking samey these days.
White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brookland Marshes

rdh

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »
A few years back I suggested a dynamic backdrop generation option.  i.e. in any theme, it would be great to run a tool to generate the backdrop, specifying what should be in each direction.  For example, specify ocean in the west, mountains in the north, hills in the east, lowlands in the south...or whatever (even cityscape off in the distance in one direction maybe).  Then have a backdrop unique to the course dynamically generate.  Not sure how much effort that would take for HB to implement...might not be worth the time/cost...but it would be very cool.

Rjwils30

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 12:20:36 AM »

This would be fantastic!

OK, so tropical has ocean and so does delta (below).  Countryside does not, and I didn't check the others.  I agree that they all should have that option, or maybe some additional options in backdrops.

Jim and I were talking about this the other day.  Theres some changes that need to be made under the hood to make this easier, with regards to how the water behaves on the costal themes.  I'm going to be making some adjustments for him that will give him some more leeway to create backdrops like this in other themes.
Elysian Downs Golf Club
Falling Water Golf Club
Reverand Green Golf Club
Ellie Cliffs
Ollie Heath
The Sandbelt
Ollie Links
New Highland Dunes GC

wkdworms74

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 01:31:10 PM »
I agree with Milsteve, would love to see Cypress trees. Would be nice to have access to all available trees/plants and grasses regardless of theme. Working on a desert course currently and wishes I had green grasses or reeds to plant along shore.
Created courses:
Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard
Burketown
Troon North Pinnacle GC
Troon North Monument GC
Mossy Creek

space-cash