Xbox One X preorder

• 477 Replies

Bobapett

« on: August 20, 2017, 07:27:32 PM »
You can preorder the Xbox One X starting today - it comes out November 7th.  I put my order in for a bundle with an Elite controller.  I cannot wait to play TGC2 on this bad boy!!!   ;D ;D ;D  Anyone else?
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:45:15 PM »
Thanks for reminding me. Amazon sold out . Got the Scorpio Edition at Best Buy online. Boom!

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Stedy76

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 12:44:15 PM »
Hi, what, if any improvements will I see playing the Golf Club 2 on a Xbox One X? Sitting 7-8 feet away from my 55" UHD TV?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 12:53:32 PM »
The game should run better and look better but HB would have to support it to get the full potential of the X. That is how I understood it.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Bobapett

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 01:45:58 PM »
The game should run better and look better but HB would have to support it to get the full potential of the X. That is how I understood it.

That's right.  The One X has the power to make sure any game performs at its maximum settings. Also, things like loading times will be quicker.  What i don't know, is whether that will resolve issues with object heavy courses, or if that problem is on the HB server side.  If HB makes a 4K port for XBox, then with the One X we will be able to play in 4K!!  ;D ;D ;D

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 02:22:07 PM »
Hi, what, if any improvements will I see playing the Golf Club 2 on a Xbox One X? Sitting 7-8 feet away from my 55" UHD TV?

Unless HBS makes some changes to the game code, it will run TGC 2 at a faster frame rate (if I had to guess, I'd say at least 30% faster) and load the game screens, menus, and courses considerably faster.

It would require an update of probably considerable effort from HBS to tap into the 4K resolution and textures required to support 4K and HDR. 

OTOH, HBS could more easily expand on the object detail, quality tree draw distance, number of quality trees, water, fog,  and cloud detail levels, or give the users the ability to customize all of those settings, as they have in the PC version of the game.  Not only that, they could also easily go with 4X SMAA and 16X AF on the "X".  The XBox One X has more power than my current PC, and I'm able to run the game at some amazingly high detail and distance levels and still get 60 FPS.

It would be a bit of a buzzkill to only have TGC 2 run at a faster frame rate and load a little faster, knowing you had all that untapped power of expanded object detail, draw distance just waiting for an option in the game code to give you a hook to unharness it.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

stan_solo

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 02:29:41 PM »
Not sure what the costs will be and resources required for such a substantial update

My guess is they will hit the ground running with native 4K  in TGC 3

Bobapett

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 02:37:59 PM »
Not sure what the costs will be and resources required for such a substantial update

Couldn't they just port to XBox all of the max settings that are currently available on PC?

Stedy76

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »
Given this game has taken over my Xbox One S :-) I hope HB-S will let us know what route/support they will provide for the X version console. Personally I'll buy the X once a white console isl released.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:53:41 PM by Stedy76 »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 04:29:37 PM »

That would be my guess as far as 4K and HDR support.  I don't know that the sales of a TGC 2, upgraded fully for all that the XB1X could offer, would be enough offset the development costs enough for a profitable return on investment.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 05:34:27 AM »
Might be worth asking in the PS4 forum because the PS4 PRO sn't that far away from the XBOX1X

toy924x4

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »
Lol they wont update this game to go with the new x youll just have to wait for #3. They still don't even have all the kinks worked out of this one months after release. Im thinking of grabbing an x for next years crop of new games for sure!

weasek

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:50 AM »
I ordered my scorpio so looking forward to that.least it will upgrade the tgc 2 without a patch unlike ps4 pro.hope it runs better than on xbox as it struggles

FRSTDWN

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »
Why does HB not comment on things like this? I do not get it. They could say they are not sure on what they are going to do or say they are not going to support it for the X. 

If they do then great if not I do not care. There will be plenty of benefits to the X that make it worth it.

I still hate the name though. Scorpio was such a better name than X.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »
Got my Project Scorpio edition ordered on Amazon before they sold out. 

Not sure if there will be any update for the X at this time.

space-cash