Xbox One X preorder

• 477 Replies

Gasman

« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2017, 06:23:00 PM »
To be fair, I know others who say they can't see or feel any difference playing this game on the X, versus the base Xbox One.  People perceive things differently, which IMO is the spice of life.

Since I did not own an Xbox One prior to my purchase of an Xbox One X I can not compare my experience with TGC2 between the two consoles.  However, I can say that TGC2 DOES play so much smoother on my Xbox One X than on my PS4 and mid spec laptop PC.

My scoring on the XBox One X is only slightly better as I still suck at the short game.  :(

-MERACE

Would you say the game visuals are an improvement over PS4......like enough to buy TGC2 on X.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »
To be fair, I know others who say they can't see or feel any difference playing this game on the X, versus the base Xbox One.  People perceive things differently, which IMO is the spice of life.

Since I did not own an Xbox One prior to my purchase of an Xbox One X I can not compare my experience with TGC2 between the two consoles.  However, I can say that TGC2 DOES play so much smoother on my Xbox One X than on my PS4 and mid spec laptop PC.

My scoring on the XBox One X is only slightly better as I still suck at the short game.  :(

-MERACE

Would you say the game visuals are an improvement over PS4......like enough to buy TGC2 on X.
I personally don’t think they are that much of an improvement to warrant buying a new system, at the end of the day it’s all about gameplay than visuals and the game certainly plays smoother on Xbox one X than the original Xbox if that’s good enough for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2017, 08:19:48 PM »
I'm not sure how you could not see a difference especially if you have a 4 K tv that is set up correctly. You also need to check to make sure everything is enabled by checking the advance settings under video on the Xbox. Should have all green check marks. If you don't have it you are not getting the full potential of the X and your TV. 

I'm going to be using a 2010 vintage 55" Toshiba Regza LCD HDTV with my X until March.  Shouldn't I be using the "24 bits per pixel setting" for color depth?  I can't imagine that my display of that time is anything beyond an 8-bit job.  I'll dig into my specs a little bit deeper when I can, but I can't imagine it's a 10-bit display.

I'm on 10 bit. I can go 12 but have read 10 is better.

But what I'm talking about once you get a 4 k TV you can check it with the Xbox. It will confirm it can handle 4K  and HDR. Plus it will check if it can handle 60 hz gaming in 4K  . There are a lot of variables that can cause issues with this . I set up a friend the other day on a 70 inch Samsung and it was not accepting 4 K or HDR. My buddy was pissed . I told him to calm down lol. He was going through the receiver so I unplugged it and went directly to the TV. Boom all the check marks went green . So we goggled his receiver and you had to switch it 4 K mode. Did that and it worked. Then I looked at TGC and it still didn't look right. Ahh he had DOf field on which is on by default for some stupid reason. Looked better but still not right. Went into his picture settings and changed some things and it started looking much better. I told him to do some other things but I'm not sure if he has.

Point being there are a lot of things that go into setting this up correctly. It's not just plug and play. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to audio video so I did a lot of research on it. With these 4 K TVs there are a lot if settings that people don't know about that can make huge differences.

There was a really good YouTube video on setting up your 4K TV with the Xbox X with Samsung TVs. I will try and find it.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

leslie.sangster

« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »
I'm not sure how you could not see a difference especially if you have a 4 K tv that is set up correctly. You also need to check to make sure everything is enabled by checking the advance settings under video on the Xbox. Should have all green check marks. If you don't have it you are not getting the full potential of the X and your TV. 

I'm going to be using a 2010 vintage 55" Toshiba Regza LCD HDTV with my X until March.  Shouldn't I be using the "24 bits per pixel setting" for color depth?  I can't imagine that my display of that time is anything beyond an 8-bit job.  I'll dig into my specs a little bit deeper when I can, but I can't imagine it's a 10-bit display.

I'm on 10 bit. I can go 12 but have read 10 is better.

But what I'm talking about once you get a 4 k TV you can check it with the Xbox. It will confirm it can handle 4K  and HDR. Plus it will check if it can handle 60 hz gaming in 4K  . There are a lot of variables that can cause issues with this . I set up a friend the other day on a 70 inch Samsung and it was not accepting 4 K or HDR. My buddy was pissed . I told him to calm down lol. He was going through the receiver so I unplugged it and went directly to the TV. Boom all the check marks went green . So we goggled his receiver and you had to switch it 4 K mode. Did that and it worked. Then I looked at TGC and it still didn't look right. Ahh he had DOf field on which is on by default for some stupid reason. Looked better but still not right. Went into his picture settings and changed some things and it started looking much better. I told him to do some other things but I'm not sure if he has.

Point being there are a lot of things that go into setting this up correctly. It's not just plug and play. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to audio video so I did a lot of research on it. With these 4 K TVs there are a lot if settings that people don't know about that can make huge differences.

There was a really good YouTube video on setting up your 4K TV with the Xbox X with Samsung TVs. I will try and find it.
Please do mate as I would be interested

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #469 on: December 03, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »

I own the PS4, PC, and XBox One versions of TGC 2.  I would say that if you own an Xbox One X, yes, I would buy TGC 2 for it.  It not only looks better and has more refined textures, it plays better because the swing animation is smoother and is more proportionally responsive to the stick movement.   I find it considerably easier to get good tempo on the X, versus the PS4 version.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2017, 08:42:18 PM »

I own the PS4, PC, and XBox One versions of TGC 2.  I would say that if you own an Xbox One X, yes, I would buy TGC 2 for it.  It not only looks better and has more refined textures, it plays better because the swing animation is smoother and is more proportionally responsive to the stick movement.   I find it considerably easier to get good tempo on the X, versus the PS4 version.
I don’t have a problem with the tempo I never have it’s keeping it in the cone I struggle with especially with irons to the greens so I nearly always leave myself with a long putt which is not much good for scoring low.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »
Got my X back yesterday two days earlier than I expected.

Night and day..... ;)
Always nice to read a "better than anticipated" report, especially when it comes to a gamer getting their replacement hardware in a timely fashion!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2017, 09:42:06 PM »
Les here is a link . It's not the one I watched before. They went into much more detail about TV settings like HDR darks and whites and picture settings I didn't even know about. I'm guessing you have or know about what's in this video but maybe not. The one thing I differ from in this video is my TV does support 50 hz .

I will look around for more videos see if I can find it .

https://youtu.be/UaoRWsVo0IM

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2017, 09:42:34 PM »
I don’t have a problem with the tempo I never have it’s keeping it in the cone I struggle with especially with irons to the greens so I nearly always leave myself with a long putt which is not much good for scoring low.

You didn't have a problem with tempo on the base XBox One or the PS4?  I had the most trouble attaining it on the PS4 and slightly better on the base XBox One.  I know this varies from gamer to gamer and from controller to controller.  I'm still getting the most consistent tempo results from my XBox 360 Silver Edition controller on the PC version (where the game typically runs 60 to 70 FPS on my machine), but I'd say that the XBox One X version is only slightly behind it in that regard.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:44:27 AM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #474 on: December 04, 2017, 04:43:53 AM »

You didn't have a problem with tempo on the base XBox One or the PS4?  I had the most trouble attaining it on the PS4 and slightly better on the base XBox One.  I know this varies from gamer to gamer and from controller to controller.  I'm still getting the most consistent tempo results from my XBox 360 Silver Edition controller on the PC version (where the game typically runs 50 to 60 FPS on my machine), but I'd say that the XBox One X version is only slightly behind it in that regard.
I’ve always played the game on Xbox one and I would get the odd fast or slow tempo but maybe on every two or three rounds but I used to do the false backswing technique. I just tried to keep the change between backswing and downswing smooth it’s keeping it in the cone with Tour Clubs I struggled with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #475 on: December 04, 2017, 04:46:45 AM »
Les here is a link . It's not the one I watched before. They went into much more detail about TV settings like HDR darks and whites and picture settings I didn't even know about. I'm guessing you have or know about what's in this video but maybe not. The one thing I differ from in this video is my TV does support 50 hz .

I will look around for more videos see if I can find it .

https://youtu.be/UaoRWsVo0IM
Thanks I will have a watch of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #476 on: December 12, 2017, 04:51:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFKSDudWIE

Here you go Pubg Xb1 X vs Xb1

It is not pretty to be honest. I played it last night and really thought it ran well and looked good.  So what do I know lol.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #477 on: December 15, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »
So I played Pubg on the X for probably 10 hours or so. Certainly has frame drops at certain points in the game. Overall it's not horrible and you can manage. Certainly needs improvement considering Microsoft payed for this to be an exclusive and pushing the X as the most powerful console. I would suspect we will get close to 60 fps at some point.

Having to watch my two kids this morning while my wife had to do something I tried it on S which is directly connected to a older LG 1080 tv. It is really bad at certain points. When in the airplane the map looks like a blob. As you land major pop ins all over the place. When you go into a building when you first land they are empty minus the loot . Then it pops in. I can definitely see a difference between graphics and draw distance. It also crashed  once which my X never has.

Overall it's pretty bad on the S . I don't know if Blue hole ( horrible name reminds me of butthole) will be able to optimize it for the 1 and S but I'm hopeful for the X.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP