Oculus

• 26 Replies

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« on: August 21, 2017, 08:32:59 PM »
Seems a bit quiet in the VR section lately.

I was wandering how this plays on Oculus and if this game is still being updated and supported by HB?

I've just ordered one with 3 sensors, so I'd be interested in any information from current rift users and the devs here.
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
Time to bump my own post, even though it's still top of the list  ;D

Can anybody here an echo?

I've seen some quiet threads in my time, but this VR section is silent  :P

Does anybody actually still play this game in VR? Is it worth me purchasing it when my rift comes?
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Walkers Heath Park

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:25:24 AM »
I never saw the appeal to it.  Playing on a 65" 4K is lifelike enough for me.  I'd get claustrophobic with that damned headset.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Enef56

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:24:38 PM »
When I stand up I get kiddy, never mind in one of those

stan_solo

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 04:29:28 PM »
What does VR mean   ?

leslie.sangster

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »
Virtual Reality........really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »
I guess that I asked for this...very funny guys   ;D
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Walkers Heath Park

Enef56

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 07:18:26 PM »
Do you think the ducks will move if you use the VR headset

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »
And to think that we all waited an extra couple months to get TGC2 because of this VR hype......
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 10:00:12 PM »
Hey man! I have an Oculus and picked up this game to play on it a couple of months back. First off man, you'll be blown away by how it feels to be inside the golf club, reaching for a club out of your bag and swinging at the ball. It took me a little bit to get use to it, I think I accidentally knocked my ball backwards a couple of times. But after a couple of rounds, I started to hit the ball about the same distance I do in real life. But the big moment for me was when I loaded up one of my personal courses to play. Standing on the tee and looking around as if I was there was truly an experience. Very Surreal!!
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Trump National Colts Neck
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 10:21:20 PM »
Yeah, I get it.  I mainly don't like the setup.
A. I'm too claustrophobic for that bulky headset
B. I'm not interested in getting up off the couch to swing a pseudo-golf club.  I play to relax, not for exercise.
C. Especially if I'm tethered by a headset wire to my PC or PS4 and can't see what's going on in the room around me.

Now if they made a lightweight and wireless headset more like a pair of glasses I might be up for it.  Right now I'll stick with my 4Ks.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 05:47:50 AM »
Hey man! I have an Oculus and picked up this game to play on it a couple of months back. First off man, you'll be blown away by how it feels to be inside the golf club, reaching for a club out of your bag and swinging at the ball. It took me a little bit to get use to it, I think I accidentally knocked my ball backwards a couple of times. But after a couple of rounds, I started to hit the ball about the same distance I do in real life. But the big moment for me was when I loaded up one of my personal courses to play. Standing on the tee and looking around as if I was there was truly an experience. Very Surreal!!

Thanks for your reply. Surreal sounds good  :D

It sounds like it's going to be worth getting just for the feeling of actually being on the courses that you are usually looking at from a 3rd person view. I guess that there will be a huge wow factor early on.

I think that I'll get some hooks in the ceiling to run the wires through, so that they won't be dragging around my feet when playing.
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Walkers Heath Park

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 10:14:49 AM »

It sounds like it's going to be worth getting just for the feeling of actually being on the courses that you are usually looking at from a 3rd person view. I guess that there will be a huge wow factor early on.

I think that I'll get some hooks in the ceiling to run the wires through, so that they won't be dragging around my feet when playing.
I wouldn't do the hooks in the ceiling, but rather just get extension cords to lengthen the cords and have it out of the way. I feel like the cords hanging from hooks and the constant movement will cause damage to the cords and possible to you if get caught in them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:16:23 AM by friendBOMBER »
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 10:53:33 AM »

I wouldn't do the hooks in the ceiling, but rather just get extension cords to lengthen the cords and have it out of the way. I feel like the cords hanging from hooks and the constant movement will cause damage to the cords and possible to you if get caught in them.

Thanks for the tip.

I've ordered some extension cords for all the cameras and the rift unit. I'm not sure which room I'm going to set it up in yet, so I thought I'd get those so that I have everything covered if I needed more.

Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Walkers Heath Park

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »

Thanks for the tip.

I've ordered some extension cords for all the cameras and the rift unit. I'm not sure which room I'm going to set it up in yet, so I thought I'd get those so that I have everything covered if I needed more.
I also needed to get an HDMI to DisplayPort converter. This is because I have my PC hooked up to my TV, which is using the "1" HDMI out on my video card. For Oculus to work, requires "1" HDMI port to plug into as well as the monitor from the computer being plugged in and working. Not really sure why Oculus doesn't come with the converter. Seems pretty obvious to me that most everyone is going to have a similar problem, but I could be wrong. All the other cords plug into USB 3.0, needs something like three of them.
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach