Author Topic: Oculus  (Read 387 times)

blueorfe

• GroupMember
Re: Oculus
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 02:22:37 PM »
Hey man! I have an Oculus and picked up this game to play on it a couple of months back. First off man, you'll be blown away by how it feels to be inside the golf club, reaching for a club out of your bag and swinging at the ball. It took me a little bit to get use to it, I think I accidentally knocked my ball backwards a couple of times. But after a couple of rounds, I started to hit the ball about the same distance I do in real life. But the big moment for me was when I loaded up one of my personal courses to play. Standing on the tee and looking around as if I was there was truly an experience. Very Surreal!!

Thanks for your reply. Surreal sounds good  :D

It sounds like it's going to be worth getting just for the feeling of actually being on the courses that you are usually looking at from a 3rd person view. I guess that there will be a huge wow factor early on.

I think that I'll get some hooks in the ceiling to run the wires through, so that they won't be dragging around my feet when playing.
I wouldn't do the hooks in the ceiling, but rather just get extension cords to lengthen the cords and have it out of the way. I feel like the cords hanging from hooks and the constant movement will cause damage to the cords and possible to you if get caught in them.

Thanks for the tip.

I've ordered some extension cords for all the cameras and the rift unit. I'm not sure which room I'm going to set it up in yet, so I thought I'd get those so that I have everything covered if I needed more.
I also needed to get an HDMI to DisplayPort converter. This is because I have my PC hooked up to my TV, which is using the "1" HDMI out on my video card. For Oculus to work, requires "1" HDMI port to plug into as well as the monitor from the computer being plugged in and working. Not really sure why Oculus doesn't come with the converter. Seems pretty obvious to me that most everyone is going to have a similar problem, but I could be wrong. All the other cords plug into USB 3.0, needs something like three of them.

Oh wow, never thought of this, thanks.

I have two hdmi out ports on my 1080ti, one is being used by the monitor and the other, like you, straight to my TV, which is my main display. The weird thing is that I used to connect my monitor via DVi, but for some reason the display doesn't show if I try that on this card? I hardly ever use the monitor, that's more for my Niece and Nephews to play games on when they come round.

Could I just unplug one of those to get the rift working? Or will I still need the converter plugged into the display port? It looks like they're pretty inexpensive, so I'll probably get one to make sure anyway. Having all 3 connected at the same time would be the best option, it's annoying when switching cables in and out all the time.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:10:04 PM by blueorfe »
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.2Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[/

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 08:12:34 PM »
This game is so difficult to play in VR initially! If I use anything more than an 8 iron, it's very rare that I make any sort of good contact with the ball.

It seems that no matter what skill level that I choose, the Driver says that it goes 224 yards, the 3 wood 188 yards, the 5 wood 224 yards, the 3 iron 203 yards, the 4 iron 148 yards?

The numbers are all over the place, I don't know what to make of it?

The short game and putting feels great, but the long game feels very difficult to get a handle on. My only completed round was a 92 on a shortened version of Magnolia. Other than that, I keep quitting as the numbers and difficulty seem to be way off and it gets very hot and sweaty when things aren't going your way in VR! 

I am a decent real life player, so I thought that this would be a little easier to get to grips with. Oh, and I managed to aggravate my back problem by playing. I have a degenerative disc in my back, playing real golf putts less strain on it the TGC VR ;D

Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.2Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller

HGD Walkers Heath Park

[/

Golferoo

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »
My long game is improving...when i started playing woods were only going around 70 yards, lol.
The shots i find most difficult are irons from the rough..they regularly only go around 40-50 yards regardless of the club i choose.
It's defintely my favourite game in VR though.

btw..I have started a VR Golfers group on steam if you'd like to join. (Group name: VR Golfers)

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »
My long game is improving...when i started playing woods were only going around 70 yards, lol.
The shots i find most difficult are irons from the rough..they regularly only go around 40-50 yards regardless of the club i choose.

btw..I have started a VR Golfers group on steam if you'd like to join. (Group name: VR Golfers)
very cool! I haven't looked into this yet, but can we play a round together?
TGC2 courses:
Pebble Beach
Firestone CC South (Harvest)
Palo Verde Golf Club
Matterhorn Golf Club
TPC at Sawgrass
Hobble Creek GC
Celebration Golf Club
Riverside Golf Club
Pelikila Golf Club
Potomac Country Club

TGC1
Turtle Creek Golf Club
Briarbanks Golf Club
Westfields Golf Club

leslie.sangster

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 04:30:12 PM »

Try the punch shot out of the rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golferoo

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »
friendBOMBER...sure, i will add you on steam..what's your username?

leslie_sangster...thanks..not sure how to do a punch shot in golf club VR but i'll give it a try!

leslie.sangster

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »

leslie_sangster...thanks..not sure how to do a punch shot in golf club VR but i'll give it a try!
Sorry I didn't see he Oculus at the top before I typed punch shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golferoo

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 08:40:06 AM »
Lol..no probs.

blueorfe..i've sent you a friend request on steam!

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 09:36:35 AM »

cool. steam gamertag is "friendBOMBER".
TGC2 courses:
Pebble Beach
Palo Verde Golf Club
Matterhorn Golf Club
TPC at Sawgrass
Hobble Creek GC
Celebration Golf Club
Riverside Golf Club
Pelikila Golf Club
Potomac Country Club

TGC1
Turtle Creek Golf Club
Briarbanks Golf Club
Westfields Golf Club

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »
Lol..no probs.

blueorfe..i've sent you a friend request on steam!

Cool, I'll have a look for you next time I play the VR version  :)
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.2Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller

HGD Walkers Heath Park

[/

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 09:55:33 PM »
I'm going to have to practice! Putting is my biggest challenge!
TGC2 courses:
Pebble Beach
Palo Verde Golf Club
Matterhorn Golf Club
TPC at Sawgrass
Hobble Creek GC
Celebration Golf Club
Riverside Golf Club
Pelikila Golf Club
Potomac Country Club

TGC1