Ability to Create Objects

• 7 Replies

Eric-H

« on: August 22, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »
HB, you provide us with pre-defined or created blocks of various buildings, houses, structures, walls, etc. It would be great if we could create our own things with the basic components of columns, beams, walls, windows, siding, , etc., and available in different materials, such as wood, steel, brick, stone, etc., allowing course designers recreate existing structures, or to create new ones.

Then have the ability to create blocks and name the structures we create, so each structure created becomes a single entity, that can be saved and used again, either on the current course or for other courses. Therefore, creating our own library of objects.

People have already discussed the desire for be able to copy things. This would take it a step further.

And perhaps the possibility of sharing blocks with others would also be very useful.

Thank you!
Eric

Tuco

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »
Apparently all objects in the game have to be approved by Sony and Microsoft, so no, custom objects aren't going to happen.
The Golf Club 2019:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

The Links at Dakota Bay

Icyken

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:07:21 PM »
 They did let us have underground bunkers,
 but no one's found them yet !
COURSES.....
 Rosemount. ( members )
 Rosemount. Scotland
 Mac'Dunes , 2020
 Ayrshire Gailes.
 Ayrshire Gailes.  Tour
 Mink Hollow Golf club
 Hermit of Mink Hollow
 Machrihan Dunes, 2019
 Celtic Isles...CGC.
 Helensburgh Golf club
 The Fruin
 Prestwick, Golf club
 Craigendoran Links

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:43:53 PM »
They did let us have underground bunkers,
 but no one's found them yet !

Lol !!!!  ;D
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Eric-H

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:03:48 PM »
Tuco,
Thanks for the reply. I understand Sony & Microsoft wanting to approve certain things, but we're allowed to create entire courses, so I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to create buildings, houses, bridges, and other structures too. I just hope you're wrong about it not happening. It would give us a lot more flexibility & creativity.

Icyken,
That's funny! LOL!!!

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:10:13 PM »
Tuco,
Thanks for the reply. I understand Sony & Microsoft wanting to approve certain things, but we're allowed to create entire courses, so I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to create buildings, houses, bridges, and other structures too. I just hope you're wrong about it not happening. It would give us a lot more flexibility & creativity.

Icyken,
That's funny! LOL!!!

Because idiots would make objects with offensive words and or images etc

This will literally never happen - was awesome in JNSE and allowed people to do their own thing and customize everything including textures and buildings.

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Tuco

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 05:44:31 PM »
Tuco,

Icyken,
That's funny! LOL!!!

Because idiots would make objects with offensive words and or images etc

This will literally never happen - was awesome in JNSE and allowed people to do their own thing and customize everything including textures and buildings.

Ah, yes, the days of an innocent Internet.  <sigh>

By the way, is this also the reason why TGC doesn't have a custom "title" page?  I've always thought that I'd like to see a lead-in statement by the designer; you know, just a wee bit of their perspective about the course over which they've so lovingly laboured.  I guess this would be an obvious hot spot for vulgarity.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:48:53 PM by Tuco »
The Golf Club 2019:

The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

The Links at Dakota Bay

Eric-H

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 04:14:29 PM »
ADX321,
I didn't say anything about words or images, just the building components for creating objects like buildings, bridges, walls, etc. and the ability to save them as blocks. Saving them as blocks would allow them to be moved or repositioned easily, as well as be reused, copied and shared. Also saving them as blocks should take up less memory. This is the case in AutoCAD.

I understand why they wouldn't want anything crude like what you're talking about, but as it is now, you can already create things that are crude or suggestive.

I played a course in TGC1 that was a pretty unique and interesting course to play, and it had 1 or 2 holes that would be considered suggestive, at the very least. The person that designed it clearly had a sense of humor.

So given this, I don't see how being able to create various objects like I'm talking about would change anything. It would simply give us more abilities to create or recreate.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 02:40:07 PM by Eric-H »

space-cash