Xb1 tgc update

• 62 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 03:20:34 PM »
My game still stuttering like crazy after update.just not smooth at all.really wanted it to be sorted so bad after this update

Did you reboot the Xbox after finishing the update installation?

If not, try that.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

weasek

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 03:27:50 PM »
Ok I will try that because I didnt.really glad fly overs back the course itself looks beautiful.i still love the game don't get me wrong but I am not gonna say everything is perfect when it's not.i don't want to sound like I am moaning for the hell of it.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »
i just rebooted mine & still dont have the update...really losing interest now..i had over 1500 hours on tgc1 & loved it even tho the swing was easy..i can play this game really early on sunday morning UK time & it is great but the rest of the week it sucks..when its great i love it..but there are only so many times you can swing & get fast when you dont need it to make you think it is scripted..i dont really believe that but it makes you wonder when you never get one till you play over water..just my 2 pence worth not having the patch yet.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 03:41:06 PM »
If you got quick internet sanchez,delete the game and the install it again,you get latest version then....

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 03:47:44 PM »
i am on virgin, will try that thanx yeltz.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »
only way i can tell if you have latest version when playing the game,is the brightest of the white for distances to hole and around the green etc.

Or if you see your golfer go mad for a 5 ft par putt....

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 04:00:23 PM »
lol not seen any ott celebrations yet.

weasek

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 04:09:25 PM »
You soon will :).i have rebooted&played the euro tour(tgc tours) on emerald lake &defo thinks it's playing better the stick has more response.well I playing far better any way.so thank you hb.sorry to rub it in Sanchez hope you get sorted soon.my patch downloaded without me doing a thing.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 04:12:10 PM »
no worries weasek happy for you mate.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »
Well i cannot seem to get the update at all..i am sorry to say i am done with this game..i just wish i could get my money back but sometimes you bite your lip & take a loss.

weasek

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 05:24:46 PM »
Sorry to hear that mate.really hope some one from hb can help you.game defo better since update

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
My update downloaded and installed automatically.  I didn't have to reboot the XB1 to get it to work.  I thought it played better overall with the update.  I still get lag on occasion as I'm trying to start a swing, just as before the update, I abort that swing and start the process over and it works without incident during the actual swing.   I don't see any stutter during a swing, as I'd seen on occasion prior to the update.  I do get some jumpy camera shifts, like some frames are being skipped, after impact, but they aren't game breaking.  I see them on the PC version to a lesser extent. 

It was cool to play a society event and know your fellow competitors are seeing the same winds.  I don't play career mode so I can't comment on that.  I also didn't have time to play a head-to-head medal play round with a live competitor today, and probably won't get to check that until Friday afternoon or evening.

I'm really scratching my head over the inconsistencies we're seeing in how the patch is delivered, installed, and implemented.  I don't know what I'm doing right but I've never had a problem with any of the TGC updates downloading and installing over the last three years.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:00:05 PM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Alfyg

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:45 PM »
Taking for freakin ever to download patch... goin on two hours now... better fix the damn swing glitch stutter crap is all I gotta say...
[/quote]

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 09:07:57 PM »
Taking for freakin ever to download patch... goin on two hours now... better fix the damn swing glitch stutter crap is all I gotta say...

I'm curious to read about your experience with the swing once you get it installed.  I don't know how long my patch actually took to download because it happened automatically while I was at work.  If your experience is like mine, you're likely not going to see a whole lot of difference before and immediately after impact, but I haven't seen one hitch during the swing post patch.  I've only played two courses though.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 11:01:16 PM »
Played one full society round and did not see much lag at all. A couple times there was some but way better than before. What didn't see was putter lag/stutter which is great. The chipping was rolling out more but not sure if that was a plecebo. Overall it did play smoother . It was only one round though so we will see.

I still hate the society leaderboards. It takes away from the whole reason you play in a tournament. I hope they fix it and make it without spoilers.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP