Xb1 tgc update

• 62 Replies

Granitza

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 12:19:32 AM »
Newbie here. On XB1, how do I verify the patch is downloaded and installed? Is there a menu that displays the version number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 12:50:44 AM »
Newbie here. On XB1, how do I verify the patch is downloaded and installed? Is there a menu that displays the version number?

I'm away from my XB1 right now, but the easiest and most assuring way to tell if you've got the latest version of The Golf Club 2 installed is to load the game and go to the Settings menu from the title page.  Under settings/display, go to the HUD menu.  If you've got the latest version of TGC 2 installed, there will be an option called "High Contrast HUD".  That option was added this update.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Granitza

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 04:12:06 AM »
Thank you! I've got the update installed then. Game's playing a little better, and no crashes during course creation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 11:55:16 AM »
After 3 rounds I find it smoother for sure. Just a couple stutters here and there and as I said the putting for me is much smoother. Was a killer with no aids at times when I it would stutter and then I would jack it and have a 10 footer coming back.

So I am please with it.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

lastchancehombre

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »
I've played a dozen rounds or so now with the new patch & I too have seen a big improvement in what was hitching & stuttering swings which imo seemed dependent on how heavily loaded up a course was. Over the dozen or so rounds I've played I may have seen a very minor skip in the swing just 2-3 times no matter the course I was playing! Huge improvement I would say.

In a couple other areas, flyovers which had disappeared in society events regardless of what your settings were set at are back thankfully. Much better for TST players to get that glimpse of a hole & it's pin location! I for one certainly appreciate that!

The course creator seems to have improved on it's rendering times which is also a big improvement!

Not improved upon which FRSTDWN mentioned is the society leaderboard spoilers which really should be addressed.

Big steps in the right direction here HB & you guys are to be commended for the tireless hours your putting in to this game to improve it! Keep it coming! A little more smoothing on the frame rate/stutter issue, a few more little refinements here & there & by the time you roll around to it's next iteration, well we won't go there yet!

Hats of to you HB, Thank You!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 02:36:30 PM »
I'm surprised we're not getting more feedback on the latest XBox One version patch :o  C'mon XBox One users, let HBS know your thoughts on it pro and con!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

lastchancehombre

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 02:54:52 PM »
I'm surprised we're not getting more feedback on the latest XBox One version patch :o  C'mon XBox One users, let HBS know your thoughts on it pro and con!

^this^

It only helps us achieve a better gaming experience folks, pipe in.......

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

weasek

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »
Well I played 2 rounds last night&found the game far better.i just found it far more responsive ,the sticks did as I told them too.sometimes bad but was my fault has felt a bad tempo.still had a few camera sutters but very happy.i only played 1 round a night for last week or so as was getting so angry with the game but last night I didn't want to turn it off as was enjoying myself so much.a few sutters need sorting still but defo step in right direction

Bobapett

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2017, 03:49:00 PM »

^this^

It only helps us achieve a better gaming experience folks, pipe in.......

Sorry - I've only been able to play one round post-patch.  The swing was like butter!  So much better.  I haven't played in a society event yet, though, which is where the stuttering was the worst for me - especially with crowds.  Curious to see what the improvement there will be.  I did have a chance to change the HUD, and I really like/appreciate the change there.  I also noticed a couple of the new animations, and liked those as well. 
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2017, 04:45:49 PM »
After the patch and a restart of my Xbox I played two rounds of St.Andrews swing was pretty good probably only 1 shot out of the cone and no fast downswings. I then played a course in the Hozzle Rocket society which had loads more trees, first drive fast downswing hit tree and into the water. Second drive from the tee fast downswing hit the tree and back in the water. Third drive ok touch of fade on it which is contrary to my normal draw shot. The rest of my two rounds were spent playing out of rough or bunkers I was literally all over the course. After finishing that I tested a friends new course that had only a few trees on it and was back to my slight draw swing inside the cone.
Does that say that the more trees there are on a course the harder it is to hit straight....I don't know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pazzie

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »
Since the latest update, my balls keep heading right and mostly end up in the right hand side rough. Never had this problem before as most would go straight. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me. 

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »
I haven't noticed anything like that Pazzie.  I do find it a little bit more difficult to hit perfect/perfect tempo, but I think that's just a phase I'm going through with my controller.  I tend to pull/draw the ball in the XBox version, so I usually play my shots out to the right accordingly.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Bobapett

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
The round I played, it seemed 80-90% of my shots had a slow downswing.  I figure I just need to adjust to the new swing. 
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

lastchancehombre

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2017, 08:41:29 PM »
Personally, I've not seen much in the way of change with the swing/cone PP VS VF, etc., as before patch if I find myself miss hitting, as before I'll stop & take a few practice swings. If it's driver or fairway wood that I'm off with I'll down club for a few practice swings then pull out driver & practice a few more until I find the rhythm & bingo! Back to PP 90%+ of the time where I don't need to practice.

I'm not down playing anybody's issues with the game/swing but there is a sweet spot with this tempo swing to achieve PP. Staying constant with it is the challenge with this game that HB has given us. I think they've achieved it! Believe me, I'm not immune to bad rounds, had a couple last night in fact but turned it around a round or two later. Sheesh man, that's golf imo!

I can't speak for PS controllers or whatever PC users are using but I'm on xbox & use a standard xbox one controller, tour clubs & have never experienced the inconsistencies that a lot of people have described & even quit the game completely over....or threatened to. I guess my final point is, take some time & steps to find that 'sweet tempo' with your weapon of choice & you'll be eventually happy you did!

Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:09:50 PM by lastchancehombre »

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

FRSTDWN

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2017, 01:30:17 AM »
Played more rounds and was all good but then played a live stroke match. I was seeing some swing lag and definitely seeing putting lag. The time in between shots was fine though.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP