Question about off-line play

• 3 Replies

Cronus1000

« on: August 29, 2017, 01:19:07 AM »
I did have some more questions to ask but while waiting for approval for this message board I have forgotten these questions. But I thought of one earlier today.

It happened on Saturday night I was playing with a friend (same place). The game then just lost connection or w/e and it happened earlier today as well and took a few extra minutes to play the game. Of course there is an off-line version but not sure how to play TGC off-line.

Does anybody know how to do this? It does say that some courses can be played offline, but I'm not sure which one(s). If anybody can shed light on this subject I would appreciate it.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »
I believe in TGC1, when offline the courses available were the ones from the Official and Suggested lists?  Probably the same here but not 100% sure as I have never tried to play offline.

SalmonClient132

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »
There's a handful of official courses available offline.

Nyy190326

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 03:33:40 PM »
I believe in TGC1, when offline the courses available were the ones from the Official and Suggested lists?  Probably the same here but not 100% sure as I have never tried to play offline.

I find this to be very interesting. Not one person from your company tested to see what would be left of the game without an internet connection?? I understand that a WiFi/internet connection in households are pretty much a given these days but what if a casual gamer just wanted a golf game, paid full price at the store at the time of release and had no WiFi? They would’ve paid $40 at the time for a game with 5-10 courses? No individual game modes such as a simple career mode without WiFi? Not everyone wants to play online against others and have to depend on their internet connection or your performing servers which could hinder the game performance itself. There should be enough content and substance to the game if connection problems did occur, I can’t think of one sports title that I couldn’t keep occupied with offline, not one. I do like the game and loved the first one, and I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten my $40 worth but that is a very interesting situation...

space-cash