Ghost play governed by the "Order of Play" rules of golf

• 4 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
I think playing with ghost players would be more meaningful and realistic if there was an OPTION to have their play was sequenced by the "order of play" rules of golf.  It's so annoying to have the 'honors' after having the lowest score on a hole, only to have the ghost player's tee shot already in flight when the camera is still panning to the next tee!?  I'd also rather have them play their shots first, when they're away... even if it means they have to hit two or three shots in a row.  Likewise, I'd like for them to wait for me to play their shot, when I'm away.

The order of play process is even more important on the green.  Whoever is away should be putting next, whether it means one player hits two putts in a row or not.  I'd also like to be able to see the ghost player(s) finish the hole out *before* the scorecard gets plastered up on the screen and you really can't tell what happened with the ghost player(s) once that happens.

I wouldn't want the play to slow down a whole lot in accomplishing this; I think it would be up to the human player to decide when to hit their shot once the ghost player has played theirs, but there are times when I want to see how the ghost player's shot wound up before I play mine.  I think they wait until your shot has at least landed before playing their shot, after you've played your away shot.

This would be such a good companion feature to go along with the new "Staggered" play feature that's coming to tournaments, where the leaderboards don't spoil the outcome of the round at the outset.  8)

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 01:36:57 PM »
Put on turn base and stop watching asteroids. Problem solved JC.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »
Put on turn base and stop watching asteroids. Problem solved JC.

I've tried that, but turn-base, even with no animations, take too long to play out in a lot of cases.  I'm in four Societies and three of them have 3 dailies, and one 72 hole tournament a week.  I wind up having to play four and five rounds a day sometimes to get all the needed rounds in.  I don't play all the Dailies, but I do try to do all of the 72 hole tournamens.  My work schedule doesn't lend itself to playing more than one round, at 30 minutes, some days.

I would have the option of starting my shot at just about any point I want with my idea, whereas with turn-based enabled with no animations, I'd still have to wait for the ghost players shot to fully finish before I'd even be taken to where my next shot will be played. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 08:09:57 PM »
I hear ya. That is a lot of golf brother. Maybe less is more. I think you should quit all that and join TST on xbox!
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »
I hear ya. That is a lot of golf brother. Maybe less is more. I think you should quit all that and join TST on xbox!

LOL... I don't have the patience to play a tournament round with a no-animation, turn-based ghost player; I've also proven to myself that I don't have the patience for TST play... maybe after I retire I will  :)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash