A Lobby

• 12 Replies

roverman63

• Owner of: The Wye Valley Golf Club
« on: September 05, 2017, 08:00:46 AM »

Good Afternoon,

Loving TGC 2, but wouldn't it be great to have Lobbies just like Tiger Woods had where you could set a game up and wait for players in lobby to challenge.

I was hoping that this would have been included, the societies are okay but to me lobbies would be the icing on the cake..

HB any chance?

roverman63, President @ The Wye Valley Golf Club

moneyman273

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »
Great idea and I'd vote a million times to make this happen.  Also, I'd love to see a "non-lobby" matchmaking system where the game searches for online gamers with a similar career score/skill set where you're playing live and may also side bet TGC coins. 

xxWM80xx

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:38:07 PM »
It's the only thing this game is missing. None of my friends play the game so once you've played the tournaments in the societies your a member of there's not much else to do. Would also get people playing the game more

FRSTDWN

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 09:48:03 PM »
Great idea and I'd vote a million times to make this happen.  Also, I'd love to see a "non-lobby" matchmaking system where the game searches for online gamers with a similar career score/skill set where you're playing live and may also side bet TGC coins.

Matchmaking is the way to go. Works much faster than sitting in a lobby. Betting coins would be awesome. Hate to tell you though this has been asked for by many people.

I am just hoping we can get live match play back.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Leadbelly

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »
With all the things that are possible this day and age, stroke skins alt shot and live tournaments with leader-boards that are updated automatically as you play. A lobby is the only way to go, but you will never see those things in this game its a single player game.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:39:05 AM »
With all the things that are possible this day and age, stroke skins alt shot and live tournaments with leader-boards that are updated automatically as you play. A lobby is the only way to go, but you will never see those things in this game its a single player game.

Matchmaking works with all types of game types. It can be private and invite only. The lobbies in TW sat empty for the last couple of years. Everyone used the MM system.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Leadbelly

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 02:05:00 AM »
I have no idea how Tiger Woods lobby works. But if done right a lobby is the centre of everything official/public/private tournaments open/private/password protected games. So many mops other then the standard stroke skins alt-shot many people would have to ask how they even work, I no I did at one time. And a lobby does not mean you have to be sitting in the lobby or even have the game loaded. I play many games where I am not even in the game but someone is hosting a game and sends me an invite, so if I want to play off I go. I think most people are so use to half baked attempts at lobby's and multilayer in general, they have no idea what is out there or what can be done.

moneyman273

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 09:18:46 AM »
It's the only thing this game is missing. None of my friends play the game so once you've played the tournaments in the societies your a member of there's not much else to do. Would also get people playing the game more

Now...........I wouldn't go THAT far......... :-)  Lots of things missing in this game and I hope they keep working to improve a good game with the potential to be great.

Gillyallan

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 05:13:43 AM »
I'm probably wrong but I was under the impression that TGC2 works without playstation plus (not sure about live or other systems) but if they use a lobby system it then has to make use of psn features (unsure of other systems) and so probably a few out there will have to start paying again. I take plus anyway so doesn't affect me, buy just throwing this out there as maybe HB done this deliberately to avoid costs ?

HitItLong

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 05:14:58 AM »
I'm probably wrong but I was under the impression that TGC2 works without playstation plus (not sure about live or other systems) but if they use a lobby system it then has to make use of psn features (unsure of other systems) and so probably a few out there will have to start paying again. I take plus anyway so doesn't affect me, buy just throwing this out there as maybe HB done this deliberately to avoid costs ?

You are correct.
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

MichaelLot

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 04:04:36 PM »
Hey, would it be possible, to allow users to "ban" players not from save-ee, but at EE games

I mean, if you right click someone, select ban user from game so he is not able to join your game anymore E.G ban by firewall etc

I know there is no option to add that ingame, but maybe in the lobby?
Sport nutrition here: https://www.sportzfuel.com/

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 06:16:25 PM »

Matchmaking works with all types of game types. It can be private and invite only. The lobbies in TW sat empty for the last couple of years. Everyone used the MM system.

I'm confused,  one thing I'm cloudy on in tgc19 is matchmaking..  The couple of times I used it I got matched up for stroke play I believe for 9 holes..  Could you or someone clarify if you can decide the type of game you want in matchmaking?  I don't remember seeing that as an option...  Maybe I'm just getting old or have killed too many brain cells...
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 02:13:31 AM »
I personally dislike the sit and wait lobby ideas.

I’m fine with ppl looking and joining/leaving as well as inviting me into their session

I believe lobbies are 1990-ish and would rather experience more freedom than what those tend to offer. 

space-cash