Author Topic: Maestoso Golf Club and Lodge  (Read 435 times)

H Dirtwater

• Xbox One - Violinguy69
    • ChuckGviolin
Maestoso Golf Club and Lodge
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:14:01 AM »
Published this one last night in between embarrassing rounds at Weyemouth for my first TGCTours event :).  Hope you like it!  Look for Maestoso GC and Lodge.

ViolinguyGolf on Youtube

Published Courses:
Mt. Freedom Country Club
Kensington Point Golf Links - Final
Maestoso GC and Lodge
Destiny Dunes Country Club

nittanydouglas

Re: Maestoso Golf Club and Lodge
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 10:25:36 AM »
Looking forward to it H!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

H Dirtwater

• Xbox One - Violinguy69
    • ChuckGviolin
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:10:52 PM »
Shameless bump for a cool reason....

I feel like a proud papa.  Maestoso just got approved for TGCTours.  I'm having a little trouble getting going on the next one so maybe this will get me out of my design funk.
ViolinguyGolf on Youtube

Published Courses:
Mt. Freedom Country Club
Maestoso GC and Lodge

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:29:26 PM »
Ya just dive right in !!!  Start out with a blank canvas and start designing holes.  Let the land plot speak to you.
i7 6700k Skylake
Asus Maximus VIII
64 GB G-Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 RAM
Evga GTX 1080 SC GPU
OCZ Trion 480 GB SSD.
49" Sony 4K 3840X2160
Xbox One Elite Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
PS4 Pro

Bino819

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:34:39 PM »
Just played it with my roommate and each shot 75s. We both had some trouble. Very difficult course with a lot of thinking on every tee shot. There's also some places where you definitely do not want to end up off the tee.

I thought It had a great look and feel to it - I love the dense tall pines and the elevation changes were really well done. There were a lot of unique holes and a lot of variety and strategy involved.

The fairways were really firm and some of them near impossible to hold if you landed on the wrong side. There were a couple holes where I hit my drive into one side the fairway and it skipped right across and out the other side of the fairway. I couldn't figure out where to hit my tee shot on 14 so of course I dumped it right into the bunker in the middle of the fairway and had the ball way below my feet. Made double from there. Lesson learned, miss that bunker next time.

I'll be back to play again and see if I can figure out how to shoot a better score. Well done and challenging course.

H Dirtwater

• Xbox One - Violinguy69
    • ChuckGviolin
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 09:36:44 AM »
Ya just dive right in !!!  Start out with a blank canvas and start designing holes.  Let the land plot speak to you.

Well, I'm my 3rd "dive right back in" course attempt and I think this one may stick. lol

Thanks for the kind words about the course.  Trust me, there is a place to hit it on every hole but many (like #12) require you to work the ball one way or another.  I've gone as low as 67 and I  stink at playing.  The 5th, 10th, and 13th are the toughest fairways to hit IMO.
ViolinguyGolf on Youtube

Published Courses:
Mt. Freedom Country Club
Maestoso GC and Lodge

Bino819

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »
I was playing in hurricane winds of 12-18mph last night which made it tough to figure out exactly where to aim. That's probably why I was having so much trouble finding the fairway.

Going to give it another go tonight!

nittanydouglas

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 11:13:15 AM »
Hi H.  Really enjoyed the course last night.  Ended up -1 which is great for me.  Awesome job with the Swiss theme and the elevations that have already been mentioned.  There were a couple of holes that were really challenging.  The 5th comes to mind.  I thought the landing area was really tight and with the wind it was a tough go.  I should have clubbed down but that would have left a pretty wonky sidehill shot into the green.  A thinker for sure.  Thanks again for the course.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

H Dirtwater

• Xbox One - Violinguy69
    • ChuckGviolin
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 09:12:05 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  That 5th hole is tough.  Best play is to hit 3-wood with a draw and land it in the fattest part of the fairway on the other side of the bunker.  Not an easy shot.  The alternative is to hit a hybrid out to the right and get lucky with a long iron into the green.
ViolinguyGolf on Youtube

Published Courses:
Mt. Freedom Country Club
Maestoso GC and Lodge

space-cash