since 1.03 patch if find tempo all over the board

• 17 Replies

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« on: September 08, 2017, 04:47:44 AM »
Since the second patch my tempo is everywhere across the board.  I have 3 controllers.  All three controllers worked before.  Now I watch the tempo and it literally is all over the board  fast/fast, perfect/slow, slow/perfect, perfect/very fast, slow/very fast...  I know the day the patch released my physical ability to regulate my tempo didn't suddenly become schizo.  I hardly play now because of it.

By the way, you said in your live streams on Twitch pre release that we had Match, Four Ball and "all the same game modes we have now (in TGC1)" so when do you plan to make good on that?  Still no mention of that being added in your upcoming patch notes.

Honestly, I have about given up on HB!  I understand that me hardly playing the game now due to the inconsistencies has no bearing affect on you HB because you already have my money, but it will have effect on your future and my money for sure.

Tour Clubs
PC
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 04:50:36 AM by Hugh Jass Koda »
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

scajjr2

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 06:55:36 AM »
I noticed this last night, tempo all over the place. very frustrating, played 1 round then said enough of this BS.

Sam
i9-9900k,Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,32Gb DDR4, Samsung PM981 1Tb PCIe NVMe & 850 EVO 1Tb SSDs ,3Tb HD, EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Hybrid,  Vizio D40u-D1 Monoprice 32" 4K x2, Win 10 x64, XB1 controller

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G i7-6700hq, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, GTX1070 8Gb, 17" g-sync

Xbox One X
PS4 Pro

chas1723

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »
I have played less and less due to the inconsistent tempo issue.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Tuco

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 07:56:45 PM »
In the interests of a balanced discussion, I haven't found there to be any tempo issues other than when I seem to be playing not-so-well.  BTW, I'm using an XBOX360 controller on my PC.
The Golf Club 2019:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

The Links at Dakota Bay

Dawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 08:13:07 PM »
oh joy, so now one more person to say there is nothing wrong with the game tempo, because he has no issues  except when he is playing badly ...

The game is inconsistent, has been, it has its moments. Overall, I have pretty much quit playing. The only thing that keeps me starting it up is the designer, and that has been getting weirdness things beginning to happen.

I won't play with a controller while on a PC.  I design with a mouse, and test my courses playing with a mouse.

I sometimes can play decent with it, and other times I cannot hit a perfect/perfect shot to save my ass.

This games has be this way, long as I can remember, but it seems to be getting worse ... not better.

And with no official word from HB, other than the occasional "I will let the dev's know" or, "We are looking into it"

I feel there is a total lack of caring from the "Studio" ... Especially for us mouse users.
My most recent course

Humboldt Red Skunk Acres

uneequeone

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »
No tempo issues ever.
Lag issues have pretty much ended.
Designer no longer crashing.
PS4 / Stock controller.

Maybe you have mashed your controller one too many times on another game. Can't say I can relate.

Please play Shortbush Metro and Pinecone Alley.

scajjr2

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:40:25 PM »
No tempo issues ever.
Lag issues have pretty much ended.
Designer no longer crashing.
PS4 / Stock controller.

Maybe you have mashed your controller one too many times on another game. Can't say I can relate.

Please play Shortbush Metro and Pinecone Alley.

You do realize we are talking about the PC version, in the PC forum.

A couple of our weekly pc golf group have noticed the same using the controller over the past few days

Sam
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 05:43:18 PM by scajjr2 »
i9-9900k,Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,32Gb DDR4, Samsung PM981 1Tb PCIe NVMe & 850 EVO 1Tb SSDs ,3Tb HD, EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Hybrid,  Vizio D40u-D1 Monoprice 32" 4K x2, Win 10 x64, XB1 controller

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G i7-6700hq, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, GTX1070 8Gb, 17" g-sync

Xbox One X
PS4 Pro

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »
i play on xb1 and i hate this tempo swing, i bought a new xb1 controller the other day and my swing is all over the place. the tempo swing ruined this game.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 09:14:47 AM »
I wonder if those players shooting well below par have the inconsistency complaint?

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 02:34:49 PM »
i almost to the point of giving up with this game and hbs entirely. if they make a tgc3 tone down the swing tempo and i might be interested.

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 03:35:28 PM »
Since the second patch my tempo is everywhere across the board.  I have 3 controllers.  All three controllers worked before.  Now I watch the tempo and it literally is all over the board  fast/fast, perfect/slow, slow/perfect, perfect/very fast, slow/very fast...  I know the day the patch released my physical ability to regulate my tempo didn't suddenly become schizo.  I hardly play now because of it.

By the way, you said in your live streams on Twitch pre release that we had Match, Four Ball and "all the same game modes we have now (in TGC1)" so when do you plan to make good on that?  Still no mention of that being added in your upcoming patch notes.

Honestly, I have about given up on HB!  I understand that me hardly playing the game now due to the inconsistencies has no bearing affect on you HB because you already have my money, but it will have effect on your future and my money for sure.

Tour Clubs
PC

I have also had inconsistencies with Tempo. I feel like 80% of the time I get "fast", "Very Fast", "Slow, or "Very Slow" it is random. One swing will be perfect, then the next swing will be "very fast" and both swings feel similar. You would think "very fast", "very Slow" would be something you would feel, right? The random tempo bull**** is what is killing my enjoyment with this game. playing ****ty is one thing, but having it feel random is deflating.

I WISH they would show on the range the thresholds that determine this because it would make it easier to monitor, understand, and improve.

Tuco

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 04:13:31 PM »
oh joy, so now one more person to say there is nothing wrong with the game tempo, because he has no issues  except when he is playing badly ...

The game is inconsistent, has been, it has its moments. Overall, I have pretty much quit playing. The only thing that keeps me starting it up is the designer, and that has been getting weirdness things beginning to happen.

I won't play with a controller while on a PC.  I design with a mouse, and test my courses playing with a mouse.

I sometimes can play decent with it, and other times I cannot hit a perfect/perfect shot to save my ass.

This games has be this way, long as I can remember, but it seems to be getting worse ... not better.

And with no official word from HB, other than the occasional "I will let the dev's know" or, "We are looking into it"

I feel there is a total lack of caring from the "Studio" ... Especially for us mouse users.

All I said was that tempo is not a problem for ME.  I'm not sure why I should be slagged for offering my own observations on the subject.  If for whatever reason, you're unable to play the game, then you're welcome to sing it.  But pour moi?  I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.
The Golf Club 2019:

The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

The Links at Dakota Bay

mebby

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 04:33:39 PM »

All I said was that tempo is not a problem for ME.  I'm not sure why I should be slagged for offering my own observations on the subject.  If for whatever reason, you're unable to play the game, then you're welcome to sing it.  But pour moi?  I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.

Add me to you camp.  I'm on the PC and have never had any issues with inconsistent tempo or anything else related to the swing.  I'm also enjoying the game.

Butt hurt disclaimer... Not saying that the inconsistency issues do not exist - just adding my vote based on my personal experience.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Dawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 05:26:22 PM »
and since I had the opportunity to experience the progression/digression of this game throughout the beta, and up to it's current state ... I believe I have a little validity within my statement, and a few of what the others have said ... also were in the beta.

And since I cannot discuss the beta to this day, I will not share my experiences with the public.

This game, as with as its predecessor ... share similar types of growing pains/problems ...

My most recent course

Humboldt Red Skunk Acres

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 12:27:47 AM »
As history has shown us over and over again, when there is no response from HB to a thread as important as this, the truth is, they have actually been giving us their response the whole time!  There ain't nothing coming as far as a fix! 
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

space-cash