tempo swing

• 71 Replies

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« on: September 10, 2017, 04:04:59 PM »
i'm sorry but i can't take tempo swing any longer , it ruined this game. before this game came out i was eager to buy this game,my opinion a total waste of my hard earned money. I wish tgctours would go back to tgc1,tgctours is the only reason i play this game.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:48:50 PM »
IMO, new swing is the best thing that has happened to TGC......

If you prefer TGC1, by all means go play it. It has far less challenge which sounds like it is right up your alley.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 04:52:16 PM »
Now this topic is under xbox one,How many rounds you played on Xbox one Divotmaker to comment about the swing?

I think the swing is a Good idea,But alot of players just cannot understand what is happening on xbox.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:55:08 PM by Yeltzman »

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »
Now this topic is under xbox one,How many rounds you played on Xbox one Divotmaker to comment about swing?

It is virtually the same swing.

All three versions are.
PC

Xbox One X

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 05:10:11 PM »
all three swings are not even close to being the same not by a long shot.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:17:35 PM »
i think the swings may be the same,but the consoles or the controllers dont make them the same.Saying that Divotmaker is always right,even when he is wrong.

Saying that since ADX left,all i have done is start arguing with him,did not log onto forum in week,i just think its best to stay away,because i am not the type of guy who enjoys arguing or getting upset here.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 05:22:49 PM by Yeltzman »

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:22:43 PM »
IMO, this game is more influenced by the condition of the controller than the platform.  :(

-MERACE

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »
i think the swings may be the same,but the consoles or the controllers dont make them the same.Saying that Divotmaker is always right,even when he is wrong.

I don't say anything of the sort.

The swings were designed to be the same across all three platforms. There is very little difference in the code because they are coded for the same controllers and same Unity engine.

The fact that some are having issues does not mean all users are. If that were the case, these forums would be FLOODED with complaints from far more users than have been reported here.

If you think your controller is the problem (likely) buy a new one from a store that accepts returns in case that is not the issue. It is obvious that HBS is not seeing the same issues you are.

And don't attack me....it is not my fault you are having problems with your game.
PC

Xbox One X

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 05:29:44 PM »

Saying that since ADX left,all i have done is start arguing with him,did not log onto forum in week,i just think its best to stay away,because i am not the type of guy who enjoys arguing or getting upset here.

Haven't argued with you at all.....I'm not the one getting emotional.

Trying to have an objective and rational discussion.
PC

Xbox One X

weasek

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 06:20:39 PM »
One thing I would like to know do you get animation gliches&sutters on pc?I just wondered if the game worked better on a more powerful machine.honest question thank you

weasek

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »
One thing I would like to know do you get animation gliches&sutters on pc?I just wondered if the game worked better on a more powerful machine.gives me hope that it will run better when i get my scorpio  honest question thank you

RHINO4LIFE

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 07:03:06 PM »

My swing has been crazy stupid for last week or so.  Perfect slow...slow perfect is what its been since release and lately its all over the place..including being a banana  slick of draw out of the cine.   Even putts are showing up severely left or right of center.  On top of that...crashing in the designer has returned full force when post patch they completely disappeared.   

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 07:45:57 PM »
I swear I have seen the OP on the top of leaderboards on xb1?

Yeltz I have played your ghost a couple of times and you play pretty good. I do see you tend to pull it a lot. That is the only issue I have seen you have. So if it's a consistent mi**** you should be able to correct it. Maybe try and switch your swing from normal to inverted or vice versa. I spent a lot of time on the range messing with swing till I could make my miss to the right. Going left in golf is usually bad on most courses . So if I am swinging poorly I know it's going right and plan accordingly.

Maybe ask Royce , project mayhem , mdh, locoonthesoco or some other xb guys what they are doing to score well.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:19:16 PM by FRSTDWN »
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

lastchancehombre

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 09:08:07 PM »
I've played your ghost's as well yeltz mostly back on tgc1 and if it helps at all I'll add this, you like to play a round fast. I know a few others that like to play a round fast or try to with tgc2 & I've noticed it doesn't do their swings or scores any good. I know for myself anyway if I don't take my time with the swing in tgc2 I'm all over the place & I usually tend to hang around the top 5 or 10 in the society's more often than not unless I'm in a hurry then things get erratic.
That said, back before this game released I had bought a new xbox one stock controller, use it a few times then shelved it thinking I'd use it only for tgc2. Really didn't think it would have much effect with the new game until I compared consistency after the game was released between an older well traveled controller & the new(er) one. Well for me, it did make a big difference, huge in fact. No doubt, for me, if I tried to  use (and I've tested this) the older controller regularly my swings/scoring would suffer.

The new(er) one I find when my swing is off a bit I can always find the 'sweet spot' with the stick again with just a few practice swings....and maybe a short break to calm down (lol) after plunkin' it in the water or some such thing.

Somebody above suggested a new controller, I'd just say not a bad idea to try if your at your limit of frustration with the game.

Good luck!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 09:55:54 PM »
i bought a new xb1 controller and i can't hit it straight on any shots at all.

space-cash