tempo swing

• 71 Replies

lastchancehombre

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 10:04:44 PM »
i bought a new xb1 controller and i can't hit it straight on any shots at all.

Not saying that's the answer for anybody or everybody, just saying that's how it worked for me. But I will suggest that if one were to stick with it as with any video game, practice & patience might pay off.

Good luck to you too!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 01:07:19 AM »
IMO, this game is more influenced by the condition of the controller than the platform.  :(

This has been my experience on all three platforms with TGC 2.  I've got more controllers in my arsenal than any grown man should have, and the gameplay varies significantly among different controllers on each platform.

Xbox One:  I have two Xbox One stock controllers, one Xbox One Forza Edition controller, and an Xbox Elite controller.  I play 3 to 4 strokes better, on average, with the Elite controller than the second best one, one of my stock Xbox One controllers.  Then there's a gap between it and the other stock and Forza Edition controllers of more like 5 to 6 more strokes.  All of the Xbox One controllers "feel" the same, but their performance is clearly variable.

Playstation 4:  I have a DS4 controller and a Nacon Revolution Pro.  I couldn't break 80 at Little Brook Manor with the DS4's left thumbstick, my preferred stick.  I can break par on occasion with the right thumbstick where it's darn near impossible not to hit the ball straight, but I have no sense of touch with my right thumb in the short game, so I lose strokes there.  The Nacon controller feels like an Xbox 360 controller, and has the higher mounting position for the left thumbstick.  I'm averaging 66/67 with it.

PC:  I've got seven different Xbox 360 controllers I've tried with it.  I find the game unplayable with four of the seven, tolerable with two, and the Xbox 360 Silver Edition controller is my favorite of all my controllers, Xbox Elite included.  I can score slightly better with the Elite, than the Silver Edition, but I just love the feel of the thumbstick on the Silver Edition.  I can use the Xbox One Stock and Forza Edition controllers with the PC, and they yield the same comparative performance there as they do on the Xbox One.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:14:49 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Darth Gunner

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 05:34:15 AM »
i'm sorry but i can't take tempo swing any longer , it ruined this game. before this game came out i was eager to buy this game,my opinion a total waste of my hard earned money. I wish tgctours would go back to tgc1,tgctours is the only reason i play this game.

The swing in this game is great - if you ignore physics.
Slow down swing does not make make you push unless you drag the head.
Slow down swing does decrease club head speed on impact which should make you come up short, not pushed.

Fast downswing does not make you pull unless your club head is out in front of your swing.
Fast down swing does increase club head speed on impact which should make you come up long, not pulled.

Both assume square impact and a number of other factors that are a bit involved to expect inclusion in a video game.

Why don't we just be honest about the new, bad swing mechanic?
They installed it to foil those who would use the unmentionable upon banishment (from the forums) devices that make assuming a straight swing every shot possible for those with more money than morals.

Now I don't use them - but I could really care less who does, especially if it means that now I have to play such a fundamentally flawed game so the devs could try and foil these mechanically enhanced individuals.

It is a basic premise of sport.
Mark McGwire dinna hit towering homers due to his tempo.  It was his bat speed - granted he juiced, but still.
Brett Hull dinna have a scorching slapshot due to his tempo.  It was the stick speed.
Tiger Woods dinna wreck his back using some arbitrary tempo to strike the ball - he did it torquing the pi$$ out of the ball with high club speed to get max distance.

Honestly, the new swing tempo is the biggest flaw the game has shown to date, and that includes the rough launch with disconnects and unplayable career mode that still need to be online.
Not a hater - not a fan boy - just tired of paying for betas

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 12:15:41 PM »
It seems they built this game for the few people that have the Elite controller. I am not spending $150.00 for a controller. My TGC 2 works great on PC with xb 1 wired controller and crappy on xb 1 with wireless controller. PC fresh build xb 1 6 months old.

Hardly.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 01:40:06 PM »
Swing is the best I've played in video golf,   if I'm being objective and not a ungrateful little twit,  I have to say that this is an amazing game if you like video golf.   Can it be better? Of course,   but there is a way to play for everyone,  the problem is,  many players who are struggling automatically say it sucks.    Some of the best players from tgc1 have not adapted very well at all to this new game,  which in most part tells me their math skills and club lofting knowledge is useless in tgc2.    Tgc2 plays way more to my strengths as a player because I play by feel with a tiny bit of math..  I don't count clicks with loft,  none of that nonsense...     I absolutely love the tempo aspect and I also love that there are three different club choices,  and as some of you feared not many people using standard or players are beating proficient tour club players,  just as it should be..

I say if you don't like it move along,   I don't like the live play aspects of this game at all,  but the gameplay and courses keep me involved.   I wouldn't be surprised at this point if HB is already working on TGC3 and upgrading many of the things we're bitching about..   I have no problem paying what I did for TGC2,  with the new swings,  player creator,   ETC,  there was enough to warrant the purchase.   It also runs better on my PC,   which in itself makes it worth it..

GO HB,   keep moving forward,  disregard the snowflakes!
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 02:03:56 PM »
Maybe HBS are working on a future update where they are re-introducing a slightly less forgiving non-tempo swing.   They could call it the "Legacy Swing".  ;)

-MERACE

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 02:11:30 PM »
Maybe HBS are working on a future update where they are re-introducing a slightly less forgiving non-tempo swing.   They could call it the "Legacy Swing".  ;)

-MERACE

Which goes against everything that HBS has stood for since TGC1.....the tempo is baked into the swing mechanic and there is no way to "pull it out".

Much simpler to go back to TGC1 if you feel that strongly.....
PC

Xbox One X

lastchancehombre

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »
Swing is the best I've played in video golf,   if I'm being objective and not a ungrateful little twit,  I have to say that this is an amazing game if you like video golf.   Can it be better? Of course,   but there is a way to play for everyone,  the problem is,  many players who are struggling automatically say it sucks.    Some of the best players from tgc1 have not adapted very well at all to this new game,  which in most part tells me their math skills and club lofting knowledge is useless in tgc2.    Tgc2 plays way more to my strengths as a player because I play by feel with a tiny bit of math..  I don't count clicks with loft,  none of that nonsense...     I absolutely love the tempo aspect and I also love that there are three different club choices,  and as some of you feared not many people using standard or players are beating proficient tour club players,  just as it should be..

I say if you don't like it move along,   I don't like the live play aspects of this game at all,  but the gameplay and courses keep me involved.   I wouldn't be surprised at this point if HB is already working on TGC3 and upgrading many of the things we're bitching about..   I have no problem paying what I did for TGC2,  with the new swings,  player creator,   ETC,  there was enough to warrant the purchase.   It also runs better on my PC,   which in itself makes it worth it..

GO HB,   keep moving forward,  disregard the snowflakes!

Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 05:41:51 PM »
played a couple rounds today and same results all over the place, this game is just as bad as the  ea game, i wish i could get my money back , what a disappointment this game is.

mebby

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »
The disparity of results in interesting to say the least.  On the PC I've played with 2 XB360 controllers, 2 XB1 controllers and 1 PS4 controller and I've found roughly the same results with all of them.  The PS4 controller felt a little more forgiving to me but I could've just been grooving that day.

I haven't tried anything on any console but maybe I'll try on my kids' PS4 and/or XB1.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »
played a couple rounds today and same results all over the place, this game is just as bad as the  ea game, i wish i could get my money back , what a disappointment this game is.

Just played 2 rounds on my Xbox One and this game plays fine here.

Zero problems with tempo or swing.

Nowhere near as bad as EA's games.
PC

Xbox One X

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »
divot , are you in the cone with every swing and getting p/p

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 07:35:28 PM »
Yes.
PC

Xbox One X

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 07:40:36 PM »

-MERACE

Which goes against everything that HBS has stood for since TGC1.....the tempo is baked into the swing mechanic and there is no way to "pull it out".

Are you implying that the code for the TC1 swing could not be imported and used in TGC2?  ???

Also, I went back and played TGC1 recently and now find that the lack of shot dispersion makes the game unplayable for me.

-MERACE

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 07:43:07 PM »

-MERACE

Are you implying that the code for the TC1 swing could not be imported and used in TGC2?  ???

Also, I went back and played TGC1 recently and now find that the lack of shot dispersion makes the game unplayable for me.

-MERACE

Yes, that is what I am saying.
PC

Xbox One X

space-cash