*** Hole 19 Season 2 $10K Designer Contest *** High Stakes, 100% Purses!

• 103 Replies

Neifesis

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »
Our season opener has just under 12 hours left with 22 entries and counting. A total purse of $70K has been accumulated which is double the initial $35K Guarantee.

Get in and golf to claim your share of the prize pool and also have a chance to earn some cash with our exclusive bonuses while you play our high stakes events.

Thank you to those who have joined the club and good luck. I look forward to even larger purses this season.

See you at the 19th guys!

Neifesis

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 05:56:06 AM »
Our season opener ends with a total purse of $80K.

itb3232 takes the 1st event with a total score of -14 and will jump to 1st place in our race for the season champion trophy and the $5K bonus.

At the moment we have a 3 way tie for the $2.5K bonus for scoring the most eagles this season. This one looks like it could be a tight race until the end with 7 other players right behind the current leaders.

I don't think we had any double eagles or hole in ones this time around for the 50% reimbursement bonus. But I'm sure we'll start getting those in as we continue to grow our club.

Breaking News

Our 2nd event of the season is underway and I was unable to add a BPF to the current event. I had a smaller amount set up and went to add more to it and had some issues. So I deleted the smaller amount. The BPF money currently sits in the clubs bank. Unfortunately, there will be no BPF for this event. There is good news however. I've decided to use some of that money to award the winner of event #2.

The winner of event #2 -The Wintergreen Challenge at Glen Abbey- will receive a $5K bonus.

So make sure you're in tip top form for this one and bring your 'A' game fellas.

Congrats to all who made profit in the season opener and lets continue to earn large sums of cash.

Good luck on those tees!

Matt43

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 07:29:11 AM »
Our season opener ends with a total purse of $80K.

itb3232 takes the 1st event with a total score of -14 and will jump to 1st place in our race for the season champion trophy and the $5K bonus.

At the moment we have a 3 way tie for the $2.5K bonus for scoring the most eagles this season. This one looks like it could be a tight race until the end with 7 other players right behind the current leaders.

I don't think we had any double eagles or hole in ones this time around for the 50% reimbursement bonus. But I'm sure we'll start getting those in as we continue to grow our club.

Breaking News

Our 2nd event of the season is underway and I was unable to add a BPF to the current event. I had a smaller amount set up and went to add more to it and had some issues. So I deleted the smaller amount. The BPF money currently sits in the clubs bank. Unfortunately, there will be no BPF for this event. There is good news however. I've decided to use some of that money to award the winner of event #2.

The winner of event #2 -The Wintergreen Challenge at Glen Abbey- will receive a $5K bonus.

So make sure you're in tip top form for this one and bring your 'A' game fellas.

Congrats to all who made profit in the season opener and lets continue to earn large sums of cash.

Good luck on those tees!
I wish I was up to the level needed to compete in this. I wanted to ask though which clubs do you use when you're using tour and which ones would you choose for player?

Neifesis

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »
Hey Matt, my club set is as follows for both player and tour.

LW, SW, GW, PW, 9i-4i, 2i, 4W, D

I mix it around occasionally but for now I skip the 3i because the distance between the 4i and 2i is somewhat minimmal and the 4W gives me that extra yardage for hitting greens in 2 and getting optimal distance off the tee if the Driver is too much. I always keep the LW-4i in my bag to have pin point accuracy for any shot under 205 yds.

I feel the best strategy is to use the clubs that best fit the course. The golf bag listed above is just my general 'cover all' and trust it too often. I find myself needing the 3i or the 3W during my round sometimes. A good player knows exactly what clubs are needed for each course and will take the time to figure it out.

I mainly use Tour clubs but switch to Player clubs when a scorecard shows very short distances. The latest example would be Vikings Weald. The Tour club Driver power is not needed in most cases and I feel its better to ensure an accurate shot.   

Hope this helps.

Matt43

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 11:20:31 AM »
Hey Matt, my club set is as follows for both player and tour.

LW, SW, GW, PW, 9i-4i, 2i, 4W, D

I mix it around occasionally but for now I skip the 3i because the distance between the 4i and 2i is somewhat minimmal and the 4W gives me that extra yardage for hitting greens in 2 and getting optimal distance off the tee if the Driver is too much. I always keep the LW-4i in my bag to have pin point accuracy for any shot under 205 yds.

I feel the best strategy is to use the clubs that best fit the course. The golf bag listed above is just my general 'cover all' and trust it too often. I find myself needing the 3i or the 3W during my round sometimes. A good player knows exactly what clubs are needed for each course and will take the time to figure it out.

I mainly use Tour clubs but switch to Player clubs when a scorecard shows very short distances. The latest example would be Vikings Weald. The Tour club Driver power is not needed in most cases and I feel its better to ensure an accurate shot.   

Hope this helps.

Certainly does, thank you.

Neifesis

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 03:11:44 AM »
EVENT #2 -THE WINTERGREEN CHALLENGE-  @ GLEN ABBEY UPDATE

We have $57.5K in total purse so far and still with 1 day left it looks to surpass our $80K mark hit by our season opener. There's still plenty of time to complete the 2 rounds. So get your clubs and bring a jacket because its ice cold in this one.

Currently -17 is the score to beat for 1st place and the $5K bonus for this event.

Don't forget about the hole in 1 and double eagle bonuses. I haven't received any msgs yet from anyone. It must be tough out there. For those of you who have recently joined, please read up in the forum for the details on what steps to take if you've hit one of these shots during any one of our events. Alright with that being said... Who will score the 1st?

Still a lot of golf to be played this season. Thank you to all who have joined and stay active. Keep grinding it out.

Good luck on the tees and see you at the 19th!

Neifesis

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »

Just under 12 hours left in this one with 30 entries so far and a total purse of $75K. Who will receive the $5K bonus?

Speaking of bonuses, I've came up with a few more and I'll be listing them later today or tomorrow with the recap of event #2.
(See above posts for the list of current bonuses)

So stay tuned and get in here if you haven't already so you have a chance to earn yourself some bonus cash.

See you guys at the 19th!

Neifesis

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 04:26:34 AM »

Alright alright! We had a 2 way tie between Leesome191 and Goose1rguk at -17. So these 2 solid players have the option of splitting the bonus cash or playing a 'match' round at Glen Abbey pin set #2. Just like irl tournament golf, whoever goes up 1st in score wins the event.

For example, if they both score par they move to the 2nd hole. Then if one scores par and the other scores birdie, the person who scored birdie wins the event and the $5K bonus cash. Typical match play rules. Of course both players must agree to this or some other arrangement between them or the bonus will be split ($2.5K each). You 2 guys msg me or post the match play scorecard on the forum as proof so I can get you paid and for bragging rights.

DLW1964 has also scored a -17. However, given the fact that he has played our events with what he calls a 'Hiro controller' which allows him to shoot straight everytime, I will not be awarding him any bonuses. Because of this I've asked him politely to use a regular ps4 controller and play with integrity or leave our society. This is something I will not tolerate or reward and its unfortunate he's chosen to play this way.

Well, with that being said, congrats to all who made profit in event #2. We just went over the $100K mark with 41 entries.

$15K in BPF will be added to the purse for our next event 'The S2G series Finale' at the wonderful Riviera CC. Another course  that has been lighlty played with 'All Challenges Generated' so most of you can earn up to $1500 in coin that way.

As mentioned earlier today, additional and exclusive player bonuses.  Here's the list:

- Any player that scores a Hole in 1 or Double Eagle in any event will receive a 50% reimbursement of the entry fee that was paid.

- Any player who scores a -18 in any 1 round will receive a 50% reimbursement of the entry fee that was paid.

- The player who has the highest Driving distance average throughout the season will receive a $2.5K bonus. Current Leader - Jacketgolf

- The player who has the highest long putt % throughout the season will receive a $2.5K bonus. Current Leader - DenisPriver

- The player who has the most eagles at the end of the season will receive a $2.5K bonus. Currently a four way tie with 3.

-The player with the most total points (Season Champion) will receive a $5K bonus. Current Leader - itb3232

So theres plenty of opportunity to make some serious cash in this club. Thanks to those who have joined and participated with integrity. We're approaching the 50 member mark and it hasn't even been a full week since the club opened. It's now obvious that there was a need for High Stakes golf.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:27:15 AM by Neifesis »

xxWM80xx

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 05:27:18 AM »
Well done to everyone that scored low. I found it really tricky to get anything to stick that round. Great to see your keeping on top of things in regards to cheating. Keep up the great work!!

Matt43

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 07:50:33 AM »
It's a shame Neifesis that you're not doing streams. My game definitely improved after watching yours. Best round I've done so far was yesterday on another society comp on harbour town course. It was handicap on 5 holes and I went round in 61 -12 56 with the handicap. I think it's the best round out of all of them. I was using your technique of one click is 3 yards to counter the wind, did same for wind blowing forward and back. I was finishing pretty close to the holes. Only ones I struggled with was elevation especially when it's like 26ft up and down. Sometimes It went way shorter or went too far. Hope you do more streaming even it's in practice mode. I'm sure many would learn a lot from them.

Neifesis

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »
Thanks Matt, I'm glad the streams have helped you. It makes up for not being able to win any events while doing so and was the reason I stopped. But since stopping the streams I've only tied for 1st once and the rest have been awful. Well, still top 25 but I'm not happy unless I'm in the top 10. Top 5 really. So it may have been me not being focused enough rather then the stream. You know, we always have to point the blame as its never our fault. A losing strategy.

So maybe I'll pop in there and do a little more. PM me what exactly your having trouble with and I'll make sure when I stream again I'll address those very thoroughly throughout my round.

Appreciate the post, good luck out there.

dlw1964

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 07:36:16 PM »
Thanks for the 7,000 plus coins.
Hopefully I win Riveria too and bag some more coin. lol

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Neifesis

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 12:23:26 AM »
EVENT #3 -THE S2G SERIES FINALE-  @ RIVIERA CC UPDATE

There's still 1 full day to complete this huge event. We've accumulated $112.5K already in total purse with 37 entries. We hit the 60 member mark today so you can be sure the prize pool will continue to grow. Can we hit $200K?

This series of courses by S2G has proven to be difficult as players are struggling with tough pin locations and very fast slopey greens. There's nothing like breaking down a 10ft putt with a severe break when you have so much riding on the line. Thats high stakes golf at its finest. A feeling you just can't get with any other society.

The next few courses on the schedule will not be as tough however. So you should feel a little less stressful throughout next week. A much needed break to refine our skill sets.

Hang in there fellas, we're growing our club at a very solid rate and with that, the purses and bonuses will continue to grow. I also have some exciting news that I plan to release next week. Just a little project that I've been working on for our club. Stay tuned and keep battling and improving out there.

See you at the 19th!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:01:30 AM by Neifesis »

Neifesis

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2017, 05:51:25 AM »
EVENT #4 -PARKS & RECREATION MATCH - @ STARLA PARK

Congratulations to Jacketgolf for his victory at the Riviera. A very well played -19 and earns the #1 prize on our largest purse so far totaling $140K with 50 entries. Our next event runs on the clubs first weekend ever so I'd expect that we'll see more entries that generate an even larger purse.

As mentioned earlier this week, the next few courses should be a little easier and less stressful so make sure you have some fun out there. I'm not talking -18 but we should see some better scores.

I'd like to give a shout out to Steve2Golf aka S2G for allowing us to beat up his courses for our first 3 events. I've thanked him personally and he's said he has another course that he's made from scratch publishing soon. Not sure about you guys, but I can't wait to see it.

** Event Bonuses**
(Event bonuses are paid once reported and approved)

There were zero Hole in 1s or Double Eagles reported.
The -18 in any 1 round bonus was not achieved.
I haven't awarded any event bonuses besides the $5K winner of Event #2 cash bonus. So if this continues I may have to up the bonus to get everyone in gear and start pin seeking those Par 3s and being more aggressive on the 2nd shots of Par 5s. We'll see how things go since the courses should be easier.

**Season Bonuses**
(Season Bonuses are paid at the end of the season)

$2.5K Driving Distance Bonus - Zark1985 / 304.0 yds

$2.5K Long Putt % Bonus - KID_KEYSTONE / 50%
(This bonus requires 20 Long Putts to qualify)

$2.5K Most Eagles Bonus - FcMark12 / 5

$5K Season Champion Bonus - itb3232 / 613

Ok last bit here. I've had some concerns from members about players cheating and playing unfairly. And as you know from the forum I'm fully aware of this issue. I completely understand this could jeopardize our society and I'll handle it once the patch is released which I'm told will be in the next 7 days. The patch will allow Presidents to boot members from the club. Something you don't want to ever do but is necessary to fufill the highest standards of integrity. As our society grows it becomes more difficult for me to locate foul play. Consequently, I need all of our members to help police this issue so it can be addressed asap. As stated before, I will not tolerate or reward unfair play.

Alright let's have a great weekend of golf. Congrats to everyone who made profit from Event #3. Get to the park and good luck on those tees!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:48:21 PM by Neifesis »

Matt43

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »
I decided to join and I’m a bit surprised at how well I did in getting -6 round of 65 with just the one bogey. I hope R2 goes better than the one in casuals did.

space-cash