*** Hole 19 Season 2 $10K Designer Contest *** High Stakes, 100% Purses!

• 103 Replies

Neifesis

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 12:01:27 PM »
Cool deal. Welcome to the club Matt.

Neifesis

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
EVENT #4 -PARKS & RECREATION MATCH - @ STARLA PARK

Alright everyone, we got about 16 hours left in this one. The purse has reached $107.5K with 51 entries. Still got some time to get your 2 rounds in at the park. Currently the score to beat is -24 shot by the president of the club. (Me)  ;)

We hit the 70 member mark earlier today. Thank you and welcome to those that have just joined in our high stakes and bonus program. We try to make sure this club gives you the best chance to make huge amounts of cash in a variety of forms.

Hope everyones had a great weekend so far. Get in and golf if you haven't and good luck on the tees.

Congrats to Leesome191 for scoring the first Hole-In-1 since the clubs opening. A fantastic shot that earns him the 50% reimbursement fee bonus. And a spot on Hole 19's Hall of Fame ballot.  ;D

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:31:32 PM by Neifesis »

Matt43

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 01:38:39 PM »
EVENT #4 -PARKS & RECREATION MATCH - @ STARLA PARK

Alright everyone, we got about 16 hours left in this one. The purse has reached $1075.K with 51 entries. Still got some time to get your 2 rounds in at the park. Currently the score to beat is -24 shot by the president of the club. (Me)  ;)

We hit the 70 member mark earlier today. Thank you and welcome to those that have joined in our high stakes and bonus program. We try to make sure this club gives you the best chance to make huge amounts of cash in a variety of forms.

Hope everyones had a great weekend so far. Get in and golf if you haven't and good luck on the tees.

Congrats to Leesome191 for scoring the first Hole-In-1 since the clubs opening. A fantastic shot that earns him the 50% reimbursement fee bonus. And a spot on Hole 19's Hall of Fame ballot.  ;D

It’s about time I made another one.  ;D

Neifesis

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 06:39:10 AM »
EVENT #5 -THE RTJ GOLF CLUB CLASSIC- @ ROBERT TRENT JONES

Event #4 has concluded with 55 entries and a total purse of $142.5K. I'll take 1st place this time and look to repeat the result at RTJ. Congrats to those who made profit this weekend.

***Event Bonuses***
(Event bonuses are paid after each event)

Hole-In-ones
I'd like to congratulate Leesome191 again for hitting the clubs first Hole-In-1 of the season, earning a $1.25K bonus (50% of the entry fee that was paid) It was a heck of shot on the 14th par 3. Great job.

-18 score
This bonus wasn't hit during this event but Leesom191 came the closest at -15.

I'll start posting season bonus updates at the end of every other event starting at event #6. There wasn't much change after event #4 and feel I should give more time in between.

Ok exciting news! I posted earlier that I was just about finished with a project for our society and its time to deliver. I've been working with an awesome designer Phoenix_Jay who has (just for us) created a special version of his gorgeous course Baltusrol L.C. We've both been collaborating since the season opener to create a special challenge for our season finale which starts on October 19th. He's added unique touches to the original and is sure to be a true test for all who compete in the event. If you'd like to give it a run before the finale, search Baltusrol 'Hole 19 Version'. I recommend playing the original as well so you can see the differences.

Phoenix_Jay only has the 1 course on the market as of now but he's working on a few more courses that are soon to be released. So if you like the Batusrol be sure to check his others out when they arrive. I personally think he's done a wonderful job with the course and can't wait to see how everyone will fair when we use it to host the finale.

Well that'll do it for now. Make sure you bring your A game as I plan to go and get my 2nd victory in a row at RTJ.

Good luck on the tees and see you at the 19th!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:42:08 AM by Neifesis »

Matt43

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 06:47:14 AM »
Neifesis I wanted to ask. When you talk about allowing for run on greens how do you know the ball won't just stop because even on sloped ones for me it's stopped and on others it's rolled. Which clubs allow the ball to stop?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:56:25 AM by Matt43 »

Neifesis

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 07:07:11 AM »
The higher the club the more the roll out. LW-PW generally have little to no roll out. 9i-7i sometimes is the same if wind is in your face. If the wind is in your face you get less roll out especially if its downhill.

For example, 6i no wind gets about 8-10 yds roll out after it hits the ground. 8-10 is avg and depends on green speed. Sometimes you'll get more. Sometimes less. I've had the 6i only roll out 3 or 4yds with the wind in my face and I've had up to 15 yds wih the wind behind me so you have to visualize what the ball will do after it hits the ground. Wind in your face reduces roll out. Wind behind you increases it.

Also Imo, some may disagree, but I feel that your uphill/downhill lie acts just like wind as well. Downhill causes more roll out and bounce after the ball hits the ground and the uphill lie causes less bounce and roll out after the ball hits. So if you have a combination of a huge downhill lie and wind behind you and you don't account for it, the ball will most likely go way passed the hole.

Everything is a factor.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:14:31 AM by Neifesis »

Neifesis

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 07:24:40 AM »
So my rule of thumb without wind, lie, or green slopes.

9i / 2-3 yds rollout after the carry (when ball hits the ground)
8i / 3-5 yds
7i / 4-7 yds
6i / 8-10 yds
5i / 9-12
4i / 10-15

This is what I use before calculating wind, lie, and green slope/ speed. Then I'll adjust it accordingly.

Matt43

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 08:34:17 AM »
The higher the club the more the roll out. LW-PW generally have little to no roll out. 9i-7i sometimes is the same if wind is in your face. If the wind is in your face you get less roll out especially if its downhill.

For example, 6i no wind gets about 8-10 yds roll out after it hits the ground. 8-10 is avg and depends on green speed. Sometimes you'll get more. Sometimes less. I've had the 6i only roll out 3 or 4yds with the wind in my face and I've had up to 15 yds wih the wind behind me so you have to visualize what the ball will do after it hits the ground. Wind in your face reduces roll out. Wind behind you increases it.

Also Imo, some may disagree, but I feel that your uphill/downhill lie acts just like wind as well. Downhill causes more roll out and bounce after the ball hits the ground and the uphill lie causes less bounce and roll out after the ball hits. So if you have a combination of a huge downhill lie and wind behind you and you don't account for it, the ball will most likely go way passed the hole.

Everything is a factor.

Thanks for all that.

Neifesis

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »

Its been a good start so far at RTJ. We have 20 entries so far in just the first 12 hours. Marcoballistic leads the way with a very swell -14. He's also reported not 1 but 2 Hole-In-1 bonuses. I never thought of 2 being hit in 1 event by the same person so I have to explain that yes... he will recieve x2 the event bonus. That's $2.5K in total. What a round 1 he's had.

I'm also proud to announce that we've hit the 80 member mark today. We've come a long way in just over a week and I'm getting good feedback from our members. I'm hoping we'll continue to grow so we can keep reaping the benefits of the largest purses players can find.

Lets try to top Marcoballistic on the leaderboard.

See you at the 19th!

Matt43

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »

Its been a good start so far at RTJ. We have 20 entries so far in just the first 12 hours. Marcoballistic leads the way with a very swell -14. He's also reported not 1 but 2 Hole-In-1 bonuses. I never thought of 2 being hit in 1 event by the same person so I have to explain that yes... he will recieve x2 the event bonus. That's $2.5K in total. What a round 1 he's had.

I'm also proud to announce that we've hit the 80 member mark today. We've come a long way in just over a week and I'm getting good feedback from our members. I'm hoping we'll continue to grow so we can keep reaping the benefits of the largest purses players can find.

Lets try to top Marcoballistic on the leaderboard.

See you at the 19th!
Getting 80 already is pretty damn good so well done. I got my payout for last comp and wow that is quite a payout.😮

Neifesis

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 05:11:06 PM »
Thats what its all about Matt. Congrats and keep earning.

Neifesis

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 05:43:01 AM »

1 more day left at RTJ folks. We've got $112.5K in the prize pool with Jediconnor1 leading the way at -20. I'm currently sitting at -11 with 5 holes to go and  won't be going back to back. (unless I eagle all 5 holes)  :P

Huge News!

We're about half way done with our first season and I'm already planning for season 2 which starts October 21st. I've come up with a '$10K Designer Contest' and plan to have 10 designers create or customize courses just for our club and compete for the $10K and bragging rights. I'm sure we'll end up seeing amazing courses and some of their best work. I've posted a thread on this in the 'General' section of the forum. Make sure you check it out.

We have 10 events per season so that means 10 slots will be available. I already have 3 of those slots filled with good talent and hoping I can get enough for a full, quality schedule before the beginning of next season. We'll just have to wait and see.

If you're a designer and you'd like to show off some of your work and compete for the cash prize, and the first ever 'Best Course Award' you can post it in this forum, the general forum, or send me a pm. The general forum thread will have all the details about the contest.

It's very exciting to be apart of Hole 19 right now!

Good luck in Event #5 and see you at the 19th.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:45:24 AM by Neifesis »

Neifesis

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 02:26:10 AM »

Download the GroupMe app on your smartphone or tablet and join in on the club chat. Search for Hole 19.

The group chat will help streamline communications more efficiently, keep our members in the loop on the fly, help you meet other members, promote match play, and just be a place to discuss golf or any other topic.

I've just created the group so give it some time to get rolling as everyone reads the forum and message board.

Alright we have just a few hours left and Jediconnor1 is still on top and likely to hold on to 1st place with a solid -20. Total Purse = $147.5K.

EVENT BONSES

Marcoballistic has managed to score 2 H-I-O and will earn 2 bonuses. $1.25K for each for $2.5K total. Nice work.

The -18 in any 1 round bonus wasn't hit but Marcoballistic has come the closest with a -14 in round 1 where he hit both his H-I-O on the back 9.

Season Bonus updates will be posted after event #6 and every even # event after that. (#6, #8, #10)

Fun Facts:

-After 5 events we've had 5 different winners. (A Parity Club)
-Our avg total purse has been $122.5K. (Nobody tops this)
-The highest scoring avg this season (players competing in 2 events or more) is -7.25 by Salty_Maniac but isn't 1 of the 5 different winners. You're definitely due for one Salty.

Current Club Activities

-Exclusive Event and Season Bonuses (Read previous posts for details, Updates after Events #6, #8, #10)

-Club Chat - Meet your fellow members and discuss golf (Download GroupMe and Join Hole 19)

-Season 2 will be the $10K Designer Contest where I will pay $10K to the winner, label the winning course with the 'Best Course Award' and post the winner in the general forum for recognition and bragging rights. The schedule will be filled with 10 courses from 10 designers. We already have 5 getting ready for war and some talented prospects considering to compete.

Season 2 will start October 21 and be the same length as season 1. I'm keeping the seasons shorter to pay out season bonuses quicker and to give the hottest golfer, not necessarily the best golfer, a chance to win some cash. The bonuses are also structured that way. (ie. Long putt % and Driving Distance)

I urge everyone to join the group chat and we can discuss more topics to improve our society and make it more fun.

Congrats to you if you made some cash at RTJ and good luck in the 'Super Serpernt Shootout'.

See you at the 19th!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:29:47 AM by Neifesis »

Neifesis

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 01:01:58 PM »
If you're having trouble finding/joining the group chat on GroupMe then post your username in this forum or send me a pm so I can send you an invite.

Neifesis

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2017, 02:24:27 AM »

Download the GroupMe app on your smartphone or tablet and join in on the club chat. Search for Hole 19.

The group chat will help streamline communications more efficiently, keep our members in the loop on the fly, help you meet other members, promote match play, and just be a place to discuss golf or any other topic.

After day 1 @ The Serpent its Jediconnor1 again leading our club with a -22. He's on fire! If that score holds he'll be the first to win 2 events, back to back events, and hold the lead in total points. Somebody do something!

Total purse = $127.5K on 48 entries so far.

Current Club Activities

-Exclusive Event and Season Bonuses (Read previous posts for details, Updates after Events #6, #8, #10)

-Club Chat - Meet your fellow members and discuss golf (Download GroupMe and Join Hole 19)

-Season 2 will be the $10K Designer Contest where I will pay $10K to the winner, label the winning course with the 'Best Course Award' and post the winner in the general forum for recognition and bragging rights. The schedule will be filled with 10 courses from 10 designers. We already have all 10 getting ready for war and should be an amazing season. Reply or send me a pm if interested in becoming an alternate (just in case a designer backs out) or being a contestant in season 3 as I plan to continue this theme.

Season 2 will start October 21st and be the same length as season 1. I'm keeping the seasons shorter to pay out season bonuses quicker and to give the hottest golfer, not necessarily the best golfer, a chance to win some cash. The bonuses are also structured that way. (ie. Long putt % and Driving Distance)

I urge everyone to join the group chat so we can discuss more topics to improve our society and make it even more fun.

Now lets get to golf and take Jediconnor1 off the top spot.

Good luck on the tees and see you at the 19th!

space-cash