Handicap issue

• 2 Replies

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« on: October 04, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
I have set a handicap event in Society, clearly shows Handicap, but when you go into event the scorecard is not reflecting this. Not sure if this is a bug of recent, but apologize to my society members who might think they are playing HCP in this event. First time I have had an issue, it could be because I moved this event to a later date and that could have caused the glitch.

As you can see my handicap is 5.1  and no handicap holes marked to reflect that

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »
You HC changes based on the courses rating and slope. So if the course is easy then you will get less strokes and the opposite if it is hard. Problem is the ratings and slopes are all wrong which I posted about in the Xbox section above this. I think Quail Hollow is rated at 61 which is because of people playing it from red tees with player clubs and destroying it.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:36:12 AM »
You HC changes based on the courses rating and slope. So if the course is easy then you will get less strokes and the opposite if it is hard. Problem is the ratings and slopes are all wrong which I posted about in the Xbox section above this. I think Quail Hollow is rated at 61 which is because of people playing it from red tees with player clubs and destroying it.

I actually had read your post and thank you for giving me a response. I have not had this issue happen on any courses I have set on handicap so I think this might be one particular and peculiar issue seeing as I had moved this particular tourney date around and perhaps somehow something went a bit fubar on me, but I could be wrong.  I contacted one of the members with a high handicap and they told me no strokes were added to their card as well, which makes me think it is more than what you mentioned above, but as you say perhaps all the play this course is getting in Web tour has effected the rating/slope. 

Thanks again for the response it gives me a better understanding of the  HCP system in general.

space-cash