Social Messages While Using Course Creator

• 2 Replies

theclv24

« on: May 09, 2014, 10:11:25 AM »
These two things are not meshing for me. I use a controller, but I also am working on a real course, so I frequently have to minimize to look at materials. Everytime I switch back to the game, it insists on highlighting one of the social messages. Anytime I click the A button, it wants me to start a round somewhere. Not only is this annoying, but it caused my game to freeze up today when I clicked Play Hole and it tried to get me to start a round somewhere and start my hole test at the same time. It loaded up my hole and I could swing, but the start menu would not come up. I had to hit Esc to get the exit menu to appear, and once it went back to the creator my controller was unresponsive, and anything I clicked on with the mouse wouldn't respond. I ended up having to close the game and I lost an hour of work on the creator.

Again, when I maximize the game it again it automatically highlights a social message. Any time I hit A with the controller (a pretty important button) it wants to start a round somewhere else and I have to hit Cancel. The only way I can avoid it is clicking somewhere else in the window with my mouse, which automatically acts like the A button on my controller and wants to execute whatever menu option I am currently on, so I have to cancel that, too. It's extremely frustrating, and I'm so tired of losing work on this damn game. I've probably lost over 15 hours of work on the creator over the life of early access.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »
You'r not the only Clv,
The similar happens when playing with keyboard and mouse. And worst of all, it kicks you into some unwanted game, and the game freeses. After restarting obviously all changes made are gone (never having had a chance to save them).
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

theclv24

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »
I've found that going into the message center and deleting all of the messages at least gets them to all go away. Of course, you have to exit the creator to do that. Maybe it's just better to have no friends?!

space-cash