Weird Framerate issues

• 5 Replies

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« on: October 19, 2017, 12:15:27 AM »
So I have been playing on 1440p Ultra and it is basically locked at 60fps. Had these settings since the first couple weeks of launch with no issues.
I boot up the game today and go to hit a couple balls on the range and my frame rate is hovering between 30-35fps. I have not changed any of my settings.

It was fine last Wednesday when I played last. Only thing I can think of is NVIDIA had a driver update for my 1080 vid card but other than that I have no clue what is going on.

Any one else have any issues here?

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »
I didn't have any frame rate issues when I last played on Tuesday.  I'll be playing again later tonight and I'll report back then.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »
OK figured out the culprit. Looks like it is OBS (Which I use to stream). They also updated recently and adjusted their NVEC hardware encoder. Completely kills my framerate when trying to stream TGC2 now. Really sucks because it ran buttery smooth before update when streaming.

What is weird is I tested out PUBG afterwards and PUBG wasn't affected by OBS, but TGC2 was. Might be a game to game basis.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
OK figured out the culprit. Looks like it is OBS (Which I use to stream). They also updated recently and adjusted their NVEC hardware encoder. Completely kills my framerate when trying to stream TGC2 now. Really sucks because it ran buttery smooth before update when streaming.

What is weird is I tested out PUBG afterwards and PUBG wasn't affected by OBS, but TGC2 was. Might be a game to game basis.

New Update might be a conflict with the Unity engine.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 03:01:12 PM »

New Update might be a conflict with the Unity engine.....

Awww good point! Might test on some other Unity titles as well. Hoping it gets cleaned up in OBS because it was fine prior to update.

Thrangar

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
NVIDIA had a driver update for my 1080 vid card

some setting got readjusted, time to start the pick and choose again, very few driver updates are worth the time!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

space-cash