Where's the Patch

• 11 Replies

Ridgefield512b

« on: October 22, 2017, 12:56:19 PM »
Why is this game NOT being fixed? The putting in this game is PISS POOR terrible!
First the arrows show slop when there is none. Then there are no arrows but the green slopes?
Then the ball goes where it wants to off the putter face. 50% of the time, and  not where you aimed it to go. And don't get me started
on the WIND! I am not able to play this game, without frustration on every round!
 FIX THE GAME dammit.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 01:16:16 PM »
Agree with one thing you stated....the grids don't accurately depict what the green is like.

Either learn to use the putting cameras so you can see the grids or don't. Using the putting cameras and getting to ground level, the grids do show the true breaks of the greens.

The rest of your post I am pretty sure I disagree with....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Ridgefield512b

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 12:15:40 PM »
Say what you want but your not in my shoes. Had TGC 1 before this one . A lot of other people report similar problems with the game but no fix.
Either they're in it for the money or just unable to fix it. Other games are constantly being patched if there is a problem, not this one!

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:22:02 PM »
Say what you want but your not in my shoes. Had TGC 1 before this one . A lot of other people report similar problems with the game but no fix.
Either they're in it for the money or just unable to fix it. Other games are constantly being patched if there is a problem, not this one!

I had TGC1 as well. Not sure what difference that makes.

This game has had 4 updates since launch.

You can argue they aren't updating the game with what you want, but you can't say they aren't updating the game at all.

Not sure they can fix the  grid/beads as this has been discussed for some time.

Using the cameras is actually better than using the grids, but if you prefer not to improve your game utilizing features in the game, that is fine. Just understand the greens can be read regardless of what the grid/beads indicate.
PC

Xbox One X

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »
Hey, Divot and i do not always agree...but, when it comes to golf games he's pretty sharp..

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 01:10:55 AM »
Learn the beads, and your putting will improve-   I count .  If lines are super fast they are anywhere from 12-15 clicks right or left depending on break,  fast moving is about 10-12 and med about 5-10 and slow moving is 1-5. Once you learn that your putting will improve greatly. The numbers depends on your putting speed. I putt very slowly so I take more break than most. This is a good start to get close or in the hole,  and as Divot says use your camera, they are your best friend when comes to putting.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:12:29 AM by Inflames47 »

Dusty_Van

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 02:41:20 PM »
Hey DivotMaker, you ever consider a career in diplomacy? You got a way of staying cool that some of us envy. <grin>
The Age of Brass is ending, we are entering the Age of Irony.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 04:20:37 PM »
Hey DivotMaker, you ever consider a career in diplomacy? You got a way of staying cool that some of us envy. <grin>

Thank you for the kind comments Dusty!

32+ incredible years of marriage, kids, and now grandchildren have tempered my way of communicating greatly.
PC

Xbox One X

Tuco

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
Why is this game NOT being fixed? The putting in this game is PISS POOR terrible!
First the arrows show slop when there is none. Then there are no arrows but the green slopes?
Then the ball goes where it wants to off the putter face. 50% of the time, and  not where you aimed it to go. And don't get me started
on the WIND! I am not able to play this game, without frustration on every round!
 FIX THE GAME dammit.

The game has a few problems.  I agree that different shots and clubs responding to the wind is one of them.  However, I wholeheartedly disagree about the putting.  As others here in your thread have indicated, using the tools at hand, and with considerable practice, a solid putting game can be achieved.  Am I occasionally frustrated by a phantom break?  Of course, but it happens in RL golf as well, so it's just a shrug of the shoulders and move on to the next hole.
The Golf Club 2019:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »
 FIX THE GAME dammit.

When a game is made and abandoned and told well get better every time we release a new one. Reminds me of EA?

Reminds me of every single game developer in the history of gaming. ;)
PC

Xbox One X

TeeToGreens.com

• GroupMember
    • TeeToGreens.com
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 03:12:51 PM »
Agree with one thing you stated....the grids don't accurately depict what the green is like.

Either learn to use the putting cameras so you can see the grids or don't. Using the putting cameras and getting to ground level, the grids do show the true breaks of the greens.

The rest of your post I am pretty sure I disagree with....

WTF you double talk here "the grids don't accurately depict what the green is like." Then you state "the grids do show the true breaks of the greens." Maybe i misread that but hmm ... Because like chipping in this game I am a deadly putter and i NEVER use cameras other than the preset camera 3. I do know IF you think it's a straight putt you best be looking to the left and right side outside the grid lines from the cup If you see the beads moving it's not straight and 99.9999% of the time the putt is moving left. The aiming marker if no one noticed is a few tapps to left center of the cup. I play with a Strix 1060 with a max 60FPS why do i max my video card at 60fps? ask me in private chat
Marc Harmon
Head Admin
www.TeeToGreens.com
Discod Link:  Click To Join

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 06:52:38 PM »
 FIX THE GAME dammit.

When a game is made and abandoned and told well get better every time we release a new one. Reminds me of EA?

Reminds me of every single game developer in the history of gaming. ;)

This was an independent developer that claimed it would be different and support there game.

And who says they haven't?
PC

Xbox One X

space-cash