Author Topic: Season 3 -Inglorious Basterd´s -(pc)  (Read 182 times)

Inflames47

• GroupMember
Season 3 -Inglorious Basterd´s -(pc)
« on: October 31, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »
Season 3 is open.. I will be alternating at my discretion whether HCP or not, as there are many great courses that are not handicapped and deserve the play as well as not punishing  some of the Top golfers with giving back strokes. This comes with conversations with players who voiced concerns.  I try to please all involved so let us hope this season goes well.

The Opener is Warhawk´s course Aengus Rock GC and there is no entry fee for this event, with a 10,000 cash bonus.
Thereafter all events are a 250 entry fee with added bonus coins of 5,000 and up.  There is no fee to join our society.

Here is the first part of this month´s schedule, if there is a particular course you would like for me to host just shoot me a private message and I will be more than happy to check it out. 

SAM

• GroupMember
Re: Season 3 -Inglorious Basterd´s -(pc)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »
Thanks for selecting both Silkwater & Montecito... I was wondering where the sudden influx of plays came from  :)

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

Thrangar

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »
Thanks for selecting both Silkwater & Montecito... I was wondering where the sudden influx of plays came from  :)

3 of my choosen societies played  Mon... in the same week... really sick of that course :P
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)
"Handicaps
"But they even the field!" Yes, because a touchdown counts for 12 points for some quarterbacks and just six for others. Doesn't this defeat the entire ethos of competition?"

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 10:46:10 PM »
Hard to know which societies are playing the same course :P Glad you participated tho!  I have been struggling with my game lately and finally this course I came in with a decent score! Was a pleasure to host them Sam.  The par 3 killed me .. did better on Montecito :)

BSmooth13

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
Joined up last week and played the Jasper Trace event. I'm pretty certain I'd played the course before in quick play-through, but I found myself especially enjoying it during the event. Funny how that happens sometimes...

Not sure how often/regularly I'll be able to keep up with the society events, but I like how this one is structured and the course selection appears spot on - well done! Excited to play along with you folks when I'm able to find the time, and thanks for all the organization that goes on behind the scenes, it was a big draw for me when I was looking for another group to join up with for the occasional tourney. Thanks!

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 03:03:02 PM »
Joined up last week and played the Jasper Trace event. I'm pretty certain I'd played the course before in quick play-through, but I found myself especially enjoying it during the event. Funny how that happens sometimes...

Not sure how often/regularly I'll be able to keep up with the society events, but I like how this one is structured and the course selection appears spot on - well done! Excited to play along with you folks when I'm able to find the time, and thanks for all the organization that goes on behind the scenes, it was a big draw for me when I was looking for another group to join up with for the occasional tourney. Thanks!

Very happy to have you join us, hope you enjoy the stay but the good part is your not set in stone here, you can join or leave and come back anytime you wish, but we look forward to having you stay around!

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
This society is a jewel in the ever diminishing landscape of PC societies.  Inflames has found a way to consistently offer some of the best courses to play with a good mix of handicap and scratch events.  Now that she has attained level 10 status, her payouts are sizeable enough that most entry fees can be recouped even if you finish out of the top 10.  People come and go just to get around the 5 society limit but her per-event participation rates are topped only by TGCTours.  Now, if she would just start using that ability to remove members on a few of those straight shooters who are ruining things for everyone... :)

Thanks for your kind comments, hope you continue to enjoy your stay. I try to keep abreast of anyone taking advantage of my kindness and if I see it being abused said person(s) will be banned.

Thrangar

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 05:21:13 PM »
This society is a jewel in the ever diminishing landscape of PC societies.  Inflames has found a way to consistently offer some of the best courses to play with a good mix of handicap and scratch events.  Now that she has attained level 10 status, her payouts are sizeable enough that most entry fees can be recouped even if you finish out of the top 10.  People come and go just to get around the 5 society limit but her per-event participation rates are topped only by TGCTours.  Now, if she would just start using that ability to remove members on a few of those straight shooters who are ruining things for everyone... :)

Thanks for your kind comments, hope you continue to enjoy your stay. I try to keep abreast of anyone taking advantage of my kindness and if I see it being abused said person(s) will be banned.

So HB gave you the API?
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)
"Handicaps
"But they even the field!" Yes, because a touchdown counts for 12 points for some quarterbacks and just six for others. Doesn't this defeat the entire ethos of competition?"

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 01:19:44 AM »

So HB gave you the API?

Even if that happened which it of course did not, i wouldn't have a clue as what to do with the information. I pretty much give free reign to players in my society because I want everyone to just enjoy their game and time here, but there was an instance of a player whom I followed during my rounds on several occasions and was hitting dead straight every tee shot, every fairway shot , every chip, pitch etc. and in first place 2 wks in a row.(As we all know that is almost impossible to do in this version of the game)  but i let it go until the 3rd week same scenario. To me that is taking advantage of not just my generosity but the members also.  I have to play courses constantly to complete course challenges and  I donate all that back to my society in order to keep the bank balance up in order to offer high bonuses , my husband and  several personal friends do the same in order to 'give back' to those take the top spot.

I certainly do not wish to become the *golf police* here so it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.  If the members do not care, then game on, but if someone brings something up then i certainly have to address the situation and try to be fair for everyone.  As of now it's not an issue and I hope it never becomes one.  End of story.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:23:07 AM by Inflames47 »

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 05:52:55 AM »

3 of my choosen societies played  Mon... in the same week... really sick of that course :P

;D ;D ;D +2 over at DDawg's Insanitarium  :P

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

space-cash