December Schedule Inglorious Basterds Society (pc) Posted

• 9 Replies

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« on: November 23, 2017, 01:40:10 PM »
This time of the year is busy for everyone so I have scheduled all events for December.  Below is remainder of November followed by the December scheduled events.
All bonuses at least 20,000 per event except for tomorrow's event  11/24-25 @ Gator Hole GC this event has a bonus of 30,000. Little Birthday gift from me to you since it is my birthday weekend.   :) Cheers! As reminder there is no cost to join the society and to enter events  there is a standard fee of 250 with a return of 90% +bonus back to players.

Ok.. on to the events  and Happy Thanksgiving to all my USA friends!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:15:04 PM by Inflames47 »

LinksLover

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 04:00:10 AM »
No break for Christmas. :D
PUBLISHED
Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS
The Swiss Wall

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 07:38:17 AM »
No break for Christmas. :D
2 Rounds can be played in 1 day.  After Santa has arrived

SassyLady

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 10:07:49 PM »
Is there a reason why handicap scoring isn't being used on the courses that are handicap rated? Not that it matters to my results as right now I'm just about at a 0 handicap. But some are a lot lower than that and don't have a chance against the good players playing scratch golf.
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club
TPC Mactan Hills (Regular and Tour Editions)

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club
Mactan Hills Country Club

TGC 1
Bonner Point Golf Resort (Championship)
Tri-Lakes Golf and Fishing Resort

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 02:17:16 AM »
There will be a mixture of handicap events they are just not all posted in the schedule you see, I make changes in bonus amounts, percentages of entry fees , tees, pins and handicap on/off just prior to the event opening.  I have a few handicap events coming up, including the one that starts today. It is tough to keep the balance to all handicap because there are plenty of courses out there that are not currently handicapped and the ones that are, are overplayed in every society so I am trying to bring a variety of courses. Slope ratings play a big part in how much of a handicap one receives and even the best players will still be on top of the leaderboard, the scores will be lower, but unfortunate the outcome will be about the same.  It is important for me to keep everyone pleased, and hopefully I am doing that. I will definitely keep your concerns in mind and keep on working for the best solution for all concerned.

TeeToGreens.com

• GroupMember
    • TeeToGreens.com
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 05:23:20 PM »
Is there a reason why handicap scoring isn't being used on the courses that are handicap rated? Not that it matters to my results as right now I'm just about at a 0 handicap. But some are a lot lower than that and don't have a chance against the good players playing scratch golf.
I got to say HCP events should be played in HCP societies! I enjoy the "not so great players" playing the "top players" but IF you are a top player playing a HCP event you could be giving up 14 strokes a round now is that fair? Is it fair for players having a 2 HCP to be sandbagging and shoot light out to an easy win... I am not bashing your comment just bashing HCP events i think they are null and by far not accurate. Then again it`s not my society I will pay the entry fee and most likely quit after a few holes but at least i paid the entry fee for others to gain that $$$ :)
Marc Harmon
Head Admin
www.TeeToGreens.com
Discod Link:  Click To Join

SassyLady

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »
Were I one of the superstars, I wouldn't mind giving up quite a few strokes. Fair for me? What about the ones who struggle? Is it fair that they place in the bottom quarter every time? What's the fun of winning or getting in the top 5 every time? I'm getting better and have actually had a +3 course handicap. I didn't mind because I want it to be as level a playing field as possible and I want to compete; not win or place highly every time or finish near the bottom every time. I've also went into tourneys with a 7 handicap for the course and still finished near last. We all have dismal rounds occasionally. That's golf. And consistently getting 10 and 12 under is just crazy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:57:57 PM by SassyLady »
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 1

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »
To be honest, I really don't like handicap events, i tried doing this society solely based on handicap, and did not enjoy it as much and my attendance was low, right now it had doubled which tells me people prefer just to play game as is.

SassyLady

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »
Ok. If that's the case, I'll resign and find a society that better suits my preferences. No hard feelings. I just prefer a more level playing field. But I respect the ones who prefer scratch golf. To each their own.
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 1

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 05:06:51 AM »
Ok. If that's the case, I'll resign and find a society that better suits my preferences. No hard feelings. I just prefer a more level playing field. But I respect the ones who prefer scratch golf. To each their own.

There is no reason to resign as you can drop in and out of this society without paying a fee to rejoin when and if you see fit. I understand how you feel and respect that. You might check out The Level Field Golf Society , they are handicap only and this might suit you better. This game has its ups and downs and I struggled for a long time always in the bottom whether it was in Society or the Tours, I finally think I have found my way by changing from controller to mouse, it has improved my game tenfold. I know that you have been struggling of late and share this information with you so that maybe this might be the route for you to go, or not. I do not wish to play a game where I struggle, then it does not become fun for me or anyone for that matter. What matters for me is to conquer the course, not worry about the scores of other players. Wishing you good luck as always and sorry that you will be leaving us.

space-cash