Poll

Would you be willing to pay $10 for an XBox One X Enhanced DLC for TGC 2?

Yes
26 (81.3%)
No
6 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 31

XBox One X Enhanced DLC

• 104 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »
Night and day difference going from 1080p to 4K, IMO John.

That's nice to read Tim... it'll make the wait for a properly 4K HDR Enhanced version of TGC 3 more tolerable I'm sure.  OTOH, it's making me want to pull the trigger on a TCL 55P605 purchase now instead of in March ;)

TGC2 seemed like a new game on the X coming from the X1.

Going back to the PC version for my TGC TOURS rounds has made me yearn for a native 4K HDR version of TGC 2 and/ or 3......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »

John, I've had my eyes on that same TV (605 or 607 same display) since last August.  I know it's the 2017 model, but there's also the "C" series as well which I believe is the next series for the new year.

I hadn't paid attention to the "C" series until you mentioned it here.  It doesn't appear to have the 72 local dimming zones that the "P" series has from what I read, which is touted by many reviewers to be one of the P series' greatest strengths.  The 55" P cost more on Amazon... like $150 more, than the 55" C model. 

Not sure I like the bottom bezel though.  Reading reviews, these tv's seem like a no-brainer, for picture and price.

Yeah, I'm sure I don't like the bottom bezel on the C series.  I'll be using display with a Home Theater system, so I won't be using the TV's onboard sound, which I believe the main function of this larger bezel design is to enhance, so that would be lost on me.  Thanks for the link and the info on the C though, although I'm still inclined to go with the "P", based on the dimming zones and more diminutive bezel design.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2018, 01:04:06 PM »

It does to me as well, and that's with only a 1080p display, and no upscaling!

Going back to the PC version for my TGC TOURS rounds has made me yearn for a native 4K HDR version of TGC 2 and/ or 3......

I can certainly see where that would be the case because you're at least getting to see what TGC 2 looks like at 1440p on your PC, IIRC... that's got to give you a more informed idea of what 2160p would do for TGC 2 (or 3), provided HBS outfits it with native 2160p textures.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »

It does to me as well, and that's with only a 1080p display, and no upscaling!

I can certainly see where that would be the case because you're at least getting to see what TGC 2 looks like at 1440p on your PC, IIRC... that's got to give you a more informed idea of what 2160p would do for TGC 2 (or 3), provided HBS outfits it with native 2160p textures.

When hooked up to my monitor, all I can get is 1080p.

1440p is not yet enabled on the X, but will in a future update.

THEN it might make a difference, but in 1080p, the X to me makes far less sense than the PC does.
PC

Xbox One X

FRSTDWN

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2018, 08:08:26 PM »
I think the C7 is the best 4k tv out there. Not cheap though. I was debating it . I was going to take my older 4 k and bring it upstairs to replace the 1080 tv and connect older 4k to the Xbox S and take the C7 for my basement. As of now I don't have the energy to mess with it. I have a nice setup and don't feel like dealing with all that comes with changing out two mounted TVs. 

I have posted this before but what is very important of having your TV set up correctly so it can take full advantage of the HDR and 4 K ability of the X. If you do not your awesome 4k tv will not look as it should. There are a lot of settings in TVs that a lot of people don't know about . If you took someone with the same tv as me with a X and they didn't have it set up correctly you would see a big difference.

The best bet is to YouTube 4k set up with the X. I think digital foundry did one .

Anyways it is night and day going from 1080 to 4k on the X. In the settings you can change it back and forth from 1080 to 4k. You can see the difference   
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »
I think the C7 is the best 4k tv out there. Not cheap though. I was debating it . I was going to take my older 4 k and bring it upstairs to replace the 1080 tv and connect older 4k to the Xbox S and take the C7 for my basement. As of now I don't have the energy to mess with it. I have a nice setup and don't feel like dealing with all that comes with changing out two mounted TVs. 

I have posted this before but what is very important of having your TV set up correctly so it can take full advantage of the HDR and 4 K ability of the X. If you do not your awesome 4k tv will not look as it should. There are a lot of settings in TVs that a lot of people don't know about . If you took someone with the same tv as me with a X and they didn't have it set up correctly you would see a big difference.

The best bet is to YouTube 4k set up with the X. I think digital foundry did one .

Anyways it is night and day going from 1080 to 4k on the X. In the settings you can change it back and forth from 1080 to 4k. You can see the difference

If I had my way, I'd have a C7 in my rec room, but it's beyond my budget.  I may hold off until the 2018 TCL Series 6 sets are released.  The 55 inch model in the "6" series has 90 local dimming zones, as opposed to 72 on the current 55P605.  I don't have an idea on the cost of the 55" TCL 6 series model at this point though, but I'm sure it will be at  least 100 dollars more than the 55P605.

Thanks for your opinion on going from 1080 to upscaled 4k on the X... it's nice to know the difference is that obvious!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2018, 08:30:51 AM »

THEN it might make a difference, but in 1080p, the X to me makes far less sense than the PC does.

Didn't you have your PC displaying TGC 2 at 1440p on your monitor at one point?  I was wondering about how the PC version, displayed at 1440p on a PC monitor would compare to the upscaled 4K version of TGC 2 from an XBox One X on a 4K display.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2018, 01:08:14 PM »

Didn't you have your PC displaying TGC 2 at 1440p on your monitor at one point?  I was wondering about how the PC version, displayed at 1440p on a PC monitor would compare to the upscaled 4K version of TGC 2 from an XBox One X on a 4K display.

Nope, only 1080p.
PC

Xbox One X

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2018, 10:38:44 AM »

If I had my way, I'd have a C7 in my rec room, but it's beyond my budget.  I may hold off until the 2018 TCL Series 6 sets are released.  The 55 inch model in the "6" series has 90 local dimming zones, as opposed to 72 on the current 55P605.  I don't have an idea on the cost of the 55" TCL 6 series model at this point though, but I'm sure it will be at  least 100 dollars more than the 55P605.

Thanks for your opinion on going from 1080 to upscaled 4k on the X... it's nice to know the difference is that obvious!

Worth a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeIFzIz3-ew  down to earth customer about the new 6 series, and more TCL TV's.  Price of the 6 series at 11mins in.  I may wait a jump on the 55" come spring.  Great price!!
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2018, 11:15:04 AM »
Worth a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeIFzIz3-ew  down to earth customer about the new 6 series, and more TCL TV's.  Price of the 6 series at 11mins in.  I may wait a jump on the 55" come spring.  Great price!!

Thanks... I had stumbled onto that video myself yesterday.  It pretty well sold me on the 55" R6, especially at $650!?   It has 96 local dimming zones instead of the 90 I'd mentioned earlier.  It sounds like it will be late Spring before it's on the market though... I don't know if I'll have the patience to wait that long ;D
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »
Something interesting about HDR and the X. I read that if you turn off the HDR on PUBG the game looks brighter. I have been playing with some friends and one has a S and one the XB1 and they always see people before I do. So I googled it and sure enough if you turn off the HDR for PUBG the game is much brighter. Must have something to do with the shading.  The other thing which is ironic is because the X has better draw distance the S and the XB1 actually can have an advantage when trying to spot enemies who are proning in the the grass. So I will see grass where someone with a S or a will not. I am going to try TGC with the HDR off tonight and see if helps with the lighting.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2018, 03:02:53 AM »
Is everyone in agreement that the game looks & plays better on the X?

Game is on sale so I will buy it if there is an improvement over the PS4 Pro/Xone.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2018, 09:03:58 AM »

Game is on sale so I will buy it if there is an improvement over the PS4 Pro/Xone.

No question it plays better on the X.

Almost night and day difference, IMO.
PC

Xbox One X

FRSTDWN

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2018, 04:24:13 PM »
Agree.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2018, 11:46:35 PM »

TGC 2 gets a big step up on the X.  The frame rates are easily 30 to 35% faster, not to mention the benefits of the X's built in superscaling and 16X anisotropic filtering, which give it a surprising facelift.  I'm really hoping HBS is going to build TGC 2019 with options to allow Xbox One X owners to benefit from the extra processing capabilities and higher resolution/dynamic range it can deliver.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash