I give up

• 35 Replies

chas1723

« on: December 10, 2017, 06:16:17 PM »
I think I have played my last round of this game. The developers seem not to be able or willing to fix the issues plaguing this game.  The issues I see are:

1)  lack of backspin with iron shots from the fairway.

2)  massive amount of spin out of greenside bunkers and chip shots from rough. 

3)  long irons easier to hit out of rough than hybrids.

4)  too much randomness (putts not breaking when slope shows it should, ball above feet should hook but does not)

5)  random tempo change from perfect/perfect.

6)  rough way to penal (everything seems like US Open rough)

The game has gotten too frustrating for my liking.  I thought they had a good thing going but it just seems too random playing with a keyboard and mouse.  My controller gives me nothing but slow or very slow downswings so I cannot use it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Molrub

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:00:35 AM »
I can understand your frustration as all these points and many others have been raised before but unfortunately they are not or will not be addressed. As this is with all its faults still the best option for a golf game out there at the moment just have to sick it out until something better comes along.

Enef56

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 04:52:22 AM »
I think most of your problems are controller related, obviously if that's the case you will struggle.
Can you borrow a friends controller and nip into the driving range and see what happens.

In real golf for years I sliced the ball, I used to play a different fairways to my brothers lol, I've played nearly every sport over my 61 years and always found golf difficult to nail so tgc2 is pretty realistic in that respect.

If you read these forums nearly everyone has to pop back to the driving range at some point to try and get their swing back, there's a guy on here Jimgem, have a look for his videos on YouTube, even though he scores -6 to -12 when he plays its still not easy for him, he hits it regularly left and many times he mentions he goes on the driving range before making his videos to try and get his swing working, so don't give up, have a look at his play throughs, and see how he uses the spin and roll instead of fighting it, don't give up mate try a different controller and let us know what happens, Nigel

chas1723

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 10:00:07 AM »
I use the keyboard and mouse.  My Logitech controller does not work with this game as the best I can do is a slow downswing.  I will not purchase another controller just for this game.

Most of my issues are design and implementation issues that refuse to be addressed.  I will guarantee I will not preorder from this company again.

I also forgot to add to my list the absolute joke they consider multiplayer.

Thrangar

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 01:27:48 PM »
I use the keyboard and mouse.  My Logitech controller does not work with this game as the best I can do is a slow downswing.  I will not purchase another controller just for this game.

Most of my issues are design and implementation issues that refuse to be addressed.  I will guarantee I will not preorder from this company again.

I also forgot to add to my list the absolute joke they consider multiplayer.

This post represents exactly the very topics I discussed in another thread....how many will stay along for the ride until they get what they feel is a good release.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Lions67

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 02:33:29 PM »
I swear that sometimes I feel I’m reading the EA forums here. That place is toxic.
This game has its faults, they all do, but really, this is the best sports game on the market!

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »
I swear that sometimes I feel I’m reading the EA forums here. That place is toxic.
This game has its faults, they all do, but really, this is the best sports game on the market!

They used to be. Now they are mostly silent and the EA Golf forums are going away for good January 3rd......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 06:54:59 AM »

They used to be. Now they are mostly silent and the EA Golf forums are going away for good January 3rd......

I guess EA said this in a meeting?.   If they do, that would say it all for them wouldn't it?
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »

I guess EA said this in a meeting?.   If they do, that would say it all for them wouldn't it?

Go read the Rory forum....they posted an announcement.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »

Go read the Rory forum....they posted an announcement.

I know that's not the topic here but, i don't see it.  Okay I see it now.  They will keep open a question and answer page where people ask a bunch of questions and get ignored.   Yes. That does seem to signal an end without saying it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:18:54 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

mebby

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 12:56:41 PM »
If HBS chooses not to release any further updates for TGC2 and THEN expects people to fork out money for TGC3 I think they are making a big mistake.  You have to make people trust you again before asking for their money.

I'm sure many will still buy TGC3 (me included) but I still think they are shooting themselves in the foot here.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

lastchancehombre

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 01:09:44 PM »
If HBS chooses not to release any further updates for TGC2 and THEN expects people to fork out money for TGC3 I think they are making a big mistake.  You have to make people trust you again before asking for their money.

I'm sure many will still buy TGC3 (me included) but I still think they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

^^Dead on the head of the nail!^^
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

jeffbdvs

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 05:09:19 PM »

I could buy TGC2 twice more and still spend less than my kids spend on one of their hot new games.  And I guarantee I've played TGC2 more than they've played some of their titles, maybe even more than 2 of their titles combined.

TGC3 will a no-brainer, day one purchase for me.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

mebby

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 05:30:16 PM »

I could buy TGC2 twice more and still spend less than my kids spend on one of their hot new games.  And I guarantee I've played TGC2 more than they've played some of their titles, maybe even more than 2 of their titles combined.

TGC3 will a no-brainer, day one purchase for me.

I don't disagree and I'm in your same boat.  But a quick read of multiple threads here reveals that many people aren't in our boat.  A "fool me once" sort of thing...
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

leslie.sangster

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 05:31:55 PM »
TGC3 only if we get a beta across all platforms not just PC and yes I know it’s easier to do Beta’s on PC but look at the **** storm it caused.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

space-cash