I give up

• 35 Replies

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 09:48:45 PM »
The beta didn’t really cause a ****storm, did it?

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 11:22:22 PM »
The beta didn’t really cause a ****storm, did it?

No, but the release for the consoles did.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Tuco

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 11:27:55 AM »
If HBS chooses not to release any further updates for TGC2 and THEN expects people to fork out money for TGC3 I think they are making a big mistake.  You have to make people trust you again before asking for their money.

I'm sure many will still buy TGC3 (me included) but I still think they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

I could buy TGC2 twice more and still spend less than my kids spend on one of their hot new games.  And I guarantee I've played TGC2 more than they've played some of their titles, maybe even more than 2 of their titles combined.

TGC3 will a no-brainer, day one purchase for me.

Day 1 purchase for me as well.  I can't think of any other recreation that I enjoy more than this game . . . well, ahem, maybe one.
The Golf Club 2019:

The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

AllenP2112

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 07:39:54 PM »
I think I have played my last round of this game. The developers seem not to be able or willing to fix the issues plaguing this game.  The issues I see are:

1)  lack of backspin with iron shots from the fairway.

2)  massive amount of spin out of greenside bunkers and chip shots from rough. 

3)  long irons easier to hit out of rough than hybrids.

4)  too much randomness (putts not breaking when slope shows it should, ball above feet should hook but does not)

5)  random tempo change from perfect/perfect.

6)  rough way to penal (everything seems like US Open rough)

The game has gotten too frustrating for my liking.  I thought they had a good thing going but it just seems too random playing with a keyboard and mouse.  My controller gives me nothing but slow or very slow downswings so I cannot use it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ive had enough too. 

The inconsistent putting ruins nearly every game. From phantom green breaks to balls running over the holes as if someone put cling-film on them.

Ive had more crashes with this game than I have with any other and thats including Sinclair Spectrum games.

12-14 MPH winds not catching ball in flight.

I dont care what anyone says.. the graphics are crap. Jittery screen when following a tee shot with trees still rendering. Ive played Destiny and there is 3 times the amount of things going on on screen and thats as smooth as anything. 

Up to 2 minute waits for Society Live Leader boards to load (And we used to moan about the loading times for Tiger Woods PGA!!!)

HB's total lack of interest in fixing any game problems and their denial that theres a cheat problem. (If 66  under  par for four rounds isnt cheating then I dont know what is)

Now I know why there are so many copies of the game in my local games and DVD trade-in shop

BYE

AllenP2112

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 08:06:32 AM »
Ohhhhhhh!!! And I forgot the psychic crowd who know my ball is going into the water or bunker before it happens.

Icyken

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 08:27:21 AM »
OK we get it good bye , gee yersel peace !

stan_solo

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »
Ive played Destiny and there is 3 times the amount of things going on on screen and thats as smooth as anything. 

Well Destiny and others have huge financial clout behind them and those games are not perfect either

HB have produced a half decent game on a shoestring and will surely improve over time

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 01:57:26 PM »

HB have produced a half decent game on a shoestring and will surely improve over time

Which Halve?

::)

AllenP2112

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 10:48:56 AM »
.................. and another thing. Course builders. Every green does NOT have to run off to the fringe. OK.

Thrangar

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »
.................. and another thing. Course builders. Every green does NOT have to run off to the fringe. OK.

You are spittin in the wind, this has all been said before for a long time!

I suggest you learn the CD or start looking to the auto gen for your answers :o
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

SevenBizzos

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »

You are spittin in the wind, this has all been said before for a long time!

I suggest you learn the CD or start looking to the auto gen for your answers :o

Yeah, the last society course was one that wherever your ball landed it ran away from the pin.  There's a lot of courses like that.  Add a pool table green and your shot that has a air path toward the pin is going to miss it by 15 yards.   I had a 5 wood run over 50 yards last night and it didn't hit the green until the after the second bounce.  Shot finally stopped around 290 yards and it took rough to kill it. 

It's a good thing there are a lot of great designers who make great courses.  If you put your pins on top of ski hills I'm not playing. 

gooseamoose

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »
I’m a newb, HAD the same issues. Not saying this is your fix but went from wireless controller to wired and fixed 70% of my issues.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 02:05:41 PM »
I don’t think it’s the case that HB doesn’t WANT to do updates..... I think it’s more of an issue that they CAN’T.   Because the game was made in partnership with Maximum Games, there is more than likely a contractual limitation which requires cooperation by both parties.  Being that HB let the contract run out and is coming out with 2019 so soon tells me that MG was not willing to do this and are only interested in taking all the profits they can out of TGC2 now.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Bobalonola

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2018, 02:17:18 PM »
Only have had game for a couple of months, XBone w/wireless controller, and love the challenge.  Sure, some shots get chunked, but they are fewer and farther between w/every round.  I'm actually most annoyed by being unsure which trees & bushes will affect ball flight and which are phantoms ... although my driving accuracy has improved a lot, so less trees in the way.  My ability to hit 3/4 shots by watching my player's backswing height has really made a difference on approach accuracy. Sure, I dont score as low here as on 3-click games, but that's kind of TGC2's point.

bobbyb

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 04:51:56 AM »
This post screams for by far the most important upgrade needed, various difficulty levels.  It's great to have a difficulty level that requires constant work on the range to consistently break par.  That said the game's market could be greatly enhanced if it offered some less challenging difficulty levels.  This way casual players could enjoy sub-par rounds with much less practice and would remain customers.  A huge side benefit is that it cuts the value of the manipulation of the x-axis manipulation.   

space-cash