I give up

• 35 Replies

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 07:46:47 AM »
This post screams for by far the most important upgrade needed, various difficulty levels.  It's great to have a difficulty level that requires constant work on the range to consistently break par.  That said the game's market could be greatly enhanced if it offered some less challenging difficulty levels.  This way casual players could enjoy sub-par rounds with much less practice and would remain customers.  A huge side benefit is that it cuts the value of the manipulation of the x-axis manipulation.

This is a first...somebody asking for a lower difficulty level yet still break par?

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 08:58:35 AM »
This post screams for by far the most important upgrade needed, various difficulty levels.  It's great to have a difficulty level that requires constant work on the range to consistently break par.  That said the game's market could be greatly enhanced if it offered some less challenging difficulty levels.  This way casual players could enjoy sub-par rounds with much less practice and would remain customers.  A huge side benefit is that it cuts the value of the manipulation of the x-axis manipulation.

That is what the Standard and Pro clubsets are for.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

KingPlayer

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 01:19:31 PM »
I think a large part of the problem is that "Defective" courses cannot be deleted or changed after published but they still count as one of the "140k plus courses" touted as playable in the advertizing. I wish HB would stop with that stat as no one really cares about the quantity..they want quality courses and the crap ones cause people to flame out and bail on the game. There have been numerous suggestions on how to stop this problem in the future.

I am currently alpha testing a steam game called "Super Tony Land" which has a perfect method of uploading and or altering an already uploaded level that I think HB could learn a few things from.

Bad course design make the whole game look bad... not everyone knows about the forums and how to pick out the properly done courses from the untested and lazily created junk ones that cause rage quits.

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 11:24:28 AM »
The tee set on any course is essentially the "difficulty level".  Use the forward tees for an easier round with shorter approaches and some reachable par-5s.  Use the back tees for longer approaches and some risky drives where Tour clubs are needed to carry hazards.

Futhermore, the course itself is a "difficulty level" - but one that is harder to know in advance.

The swing is intended to be risk/reward, where you get some benefit for executing a challenging shot.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2018, 01:18:26 PM »
If HBS chooses not to release any further updates for TGC2 and THEN expects people to fork out money for TGC3 I think they are making a big mistake.  You have to make people trust you again before asking for their money.

I'm sure many will still buy TGC3 (me included) but I still think they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

I do believe that the reason HB will not be doing any more updates to TGC2 is contractual.  Any updates would have to be in conjunction with maximum games.  I’m sure that the split was less than amicable and mg would make any efforts difficult same as any ex..........
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2018, 02:31:38 PM »
If HBS chooses not to release any further updates for TGC2 and THEN expects people to fork out money for TGC3 I think they are making a big mistake.  You have to make people trust you again before asking for their money.

I'm sure many will still buy TGC3 (me included) but I still think they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

I do believe that the reason HB will not be doing any more updates to TGC2 is contractual.  Any updates would have to be in conjunction with maximum games.  I’m sure that the split was less than amicable and mg would make any efforts difficult same as any ex..........

Right.  A lot has happened since January.  There's no chance of any updates coming for TGC2 if they need to be published.  But that's OK - it allows HB to allocate would-be production support resources towards capital development for TGC2019.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

space-cash